Recent content by Viik

1. The dev is beating around the bush

Damn, had impression that only steam forum is full of this nonsense. Why so much drama? It's just a game. If you enjoyed it for 20+ hours that is quite a lot compared to many other games out there for it's price. Take a brake, return in few month. It doesn't help anyone to endlessly go around conspiracy theories, feeling unheard and etc.
  2. Simulation Battles are Rigged

There are two issues and both come back on the other like the ouroboros.

First, never let players make bad assumptions. Players assume games, including minigames, involve some element of chance. Most enlightened people, are not fatalistic enough to believe in predetermination... even if the real universe might be laughing at them.

Second, never make players choose when there is no choice. The message on that Attack or Send Troops screen should be "you must intervene to try and save this hopeless situation" ... and also "try to escape" if there is a chance. Remember that dialog for looters to surrender? It's just bad design.

My final thought, I'm agnostic about the "fun" of saves vs not saves. What I will say, however, is I am wholly against frustrating players who paid to be entertained. A game is not a beautiful princess, it's a prostitute. It should behave like a beautiful prostitute.
    The chance is still there. Basically the way it works is that you have a stream of random numbers, these numbers are generated by a specific "seed". The seed is generated at the beginning of your campaign, for example, and stored in the save, the random stream can be stored too. Every action that requires some random number takes it from the stream. This is how it's done in pretty much any professional game for a simple reason that it allows to test and fix bugs much easier. It allows to replicate some event using players save file which otherwise might be impossible to do.
  3. The dev is beating around the bush

I feel the dev is not addressing the most pressing matters in the patches. I mean half of the game needs to be finished or overhauled, why bother doing those minor balance tweaks such as caravans? We have a fully messed up skill tree and a non-existence relationship interaction system! I would also much rather see the completion of kingdom management/diplomacy features. But definitely dev thinks those issues are too difficult to address so why don't we do this minor tweak to the economic system, that should be easier...
    Different people working on different things. If you want it your way then patches would be ones a month or a week. Switch off from beta if daily patches bother you so much or come back in a month.
  4. Bows are WAY too accurate.

Yes I might have overstated on the asian bow part but it is proven and reocorded that they shot greater speeds, greater distances and better effectiveness compared to longbow. So what we can take from that is their speeds are greater than the longbows from the tests.
    Makes sense. I just thought you where bringing up flight arrow bows, which people often do. But I see what you mean.
  5. Bows are WAY too accurate.

Eastern composite bows have way longer powerstroke so add that into you calcs too.
    The average in his experiments is still around 55m/s not 75m/s.
    Yes they might, but most likely not on 145lbs bows. A modern compound bow shoots just above speed ranges that you claim for asian bows.

And don't forget that these tests are at point blank. Old arrows are not as aerodynamic as modern, they will lose roughly 10-20% of that speed just at 50 meters. There is another test with Joe Gibbs, where they shoot 160lbs bow at plate, the velocity at target was lower than in these tests.
  6. Bows are WAY too accurate.

160lbs bow at point blank, 210 fps = 64 m/s
    My bad it's 145, not 160
  7. Bows are WAY too accurate.

You clearly dont know please go away.
    Let's start with this:
  8. Bows are WAY too accurate.

And his highest mass of arrow was 28.34952 gram, which is at least half of the war arrow.
  9. Bows are WAY too accurate.

Yeah show me where before you call bs?
    Here is my proof:
    AND THOSE ARE NOT EVEN WAR BOWS the highest poundage is 55 pounds. English longbow and mongol composite bows war variants are 90-140lb
    The highest number is:

13​
    033​

Hickory, Purpleheart, Lemonwood​
    76"​
    31"​
    64lb​
    183​

which is roughly 50m/s.

So you just assume that a 120lbs bow would shoot 50% faster?
  10. Bows are WAY too accurate.

umm where is your proof?
    Longbows shoot around 65 to 75 m/s with heavy arrows and mongol, korean, chinese bows shoot close to 80-95 m/s depending on the arrow.
    "Depending on arrow", you mean like fly arrow, yes they can be faster but they are not used in warfare.
  11. Bows are WAY too accurate.

umm where is your proof?
    Longbows shoot around 65 to 75 m/s with heavy arrows and mongol, korean, chinese bows shoot close to 80-95 m/s depending on the arrow.
    My proof is recording with modern equipment. And yours?
  12. Bows are WAY too accurate.

Yes arrows can still hit and pierce the gaps even when you have full plate. If you havent noticed the shields are no longer arrow magnets like in warband.
    And I say this again read carefully: the armor such as lamellar and coat of plates are way efficient at protecting the target from sword and axe hits which slice. My character has low onehanded and still easily 2 hits every armor opponent by 2 thrusts from sword which pierces.

Also I have never one hit enemy with bow or crossbow at any range if the enemy has semi decent armor and I dont hit them in the NECK OR HEAD. If you havent noticed if nothing is covering the neck there is no armor there.
    Take a 2h spear and stab enemy with it in the head, even with good skill points it takes 2-3 hits. With a bow, you can OHK if you hit head. Of 1 headshot 1 body shot. Just look at stats. Even a common bow is 66 pierce, which is pretty much top for any melee weapon.
  13. Bows are WAY too accurate.

Yes they do slip and penetrate, i dont say they shall not do damage. Its their damage OUT OF LINE. Just reduce it to warband level, it was from 21 to 50 if im not mistaken. And no, Arrow have far less kinetic energy. 200 gramm arrow times 75m/s gives 15 N. Sword 1,5 kg times 20 m/s gives 30 N. There two weapons with OUT OF LINE damage, bows and glave swing. These things should be brought in line.
    That's too much speed for an arrow, it should be around 50m/s for a high end bows.
  14. Bows are WAY too accurate.

Do you understand that irl mongol archers skill were ranked by their ability to shoot from full gallop and split the arrow in two on a stationary blade?
    Do you understand that irl saracen archer was required that they could shoot 3 arrows within 1.5 seconds?
    Doubt...
  15. Bows are WAY too accurate.

Most people here are f1 + f3 player and they unit die by their archer and cry and post PLS NERF ARCHER. pftt git gud
    And some have no clue what they are talking about because they never played as HA army and won against 2-3 times larger armies with barely any losses.
Back
Top Bottom