Recent content by Varsheva

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

I think that option is for death in battle. What you describe is death by old age, which can happen right away if you choose the oldest option in sandbox.
    I think you need to unclick the birth and death module (in mods list before pressing play or continue) to be able to start a new game and disable birth and death completely, not sure tough, haven't tried.
    Thanks, I will give that a try. And yes I always pick age 50 in Sandbox mode to reduce some of the grind. I have played a lot of sandbox and this is the first time I have ever seen that. I didn't think birth/death was active but now that you mention it I think it was a game option previously that you could turn off , they must have removed the option. I guess it's mandatory now :sad:
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Sandbox mode - Is this a bug or working as intended?

A few years in my character "catches a disease" or something, then dies a few months later , ending the game with no choice to continue. Is that intended? I have character death turned OFF in the configuration.
  3. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

So to sum up the new version:
    200 bugs fixed
    312 new bugs introduced
    2 small content additions adding %0.002 gameplay

:roll:
  4. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Any work being done a new leveling/progression system? I am not sure it's possible to design a system that's worse than the current system so the only possibility is improving it :smile:

But thanks for putting sandbox mode in a sandbox game!
  5. Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

Expanded 2.54

Loot from villages consists entirely of various forms of butter. I installed by using the 2.54 patch over the previous public 2.5x version.

Note: one time out of approximately ten I did get a proper village loot with a combination of items.
  6. Living Steamroller - A Cavalry Strategy for Floris 2.53

I like your analysis but the sarcasim can't be held in....

Essentially Mount & Blade has always been:
    1) Get cavalry
    2) Press Charge
    3) Win
  7. Tournament 1.5 Development

Duh said:
    but we need specific reports - as in the arena in X has the problem Y.

The arenas that seen to work the best for the AI in my experience are the larger open ones such as all the Swadian cities. The smaller ones with all the trees,ponds,etc are the worst such as all Nord and Vaeger cities. I will try to keep track as I play which ones in particular but in general larger arenas with less "stuff" in them work better for AI riding horses.

AI not on horses seems to work ok even in the cramped arenas.

Thanks for the info on tournament spawn time. Like you said I guess I am just seeing them all now due to the notification.  I like the notification but maybe consider lowing the spawn time of new tournaments to compensate (but  maybe increasing betting limits)
  8. .TXT Tweak Compilation for Floris 2.5 (Gameplay or Expanded)

Caba`drin said:
    lamerstein said:
    Thank you Caba
    I especially despise the Shield bash, now I can make it go away.
    In the next version of Floris it will be key-configurable, so things can be made more to everyone's liking. Should have done that before release, to be honest...my bad there.

Aye thanks for that! It plays havoc with sword and shield fighting as it is now. A configurable key would solve the problem for everyone I think, for now I can disbale, yeah!
  9. Tournament 1.5 Development

My biggest issue is not with the functionality but what was done to the areans themselves.  I think you should get rid of all the objects in arenas except maybe one or two where it makes sense (a jousting wall in the Swadian tournament). I mean having ponds and mini forests, and giant mounds, in an arena designed for show fighting??? All does is make all the AI riding horses run straight into the walls for easy kills.

Also it might be fun to put back in some randomness for player starting equipment. As it stands I select enhanced sword and enhanced shield and with the horse AI thing makes the tournaments way too easy even at low levels.

Maybe put difficuly penalties (you win less money) if you select sword and shield... bonues for selecting no shield or thrown weapons?

Also I think there are too many tournaments.. As soon as I complete a tournament quest I almost always immediately get another. Tournaments should be much rarer but very special thing with the possibility to make a lot of money and renown.

I do in general like the custimization/betting changes and the tournament quest letting you know where they are.
  10. Review of the Nord Troop Tree // General Troop Discussion

I aggree with the above posters. Nords seem to be the same as in 2.4, which means way underpowered compared to other factions. Note this is only when you as a player control the battles, when the computer determines winner, as was said above, only tier and numbers matter, not loadout.

I actually started Nord again in 2.5 to see if anything changed but after playing for sometime it doesn't seem to have. I use decent Nord tactics and can hold my own with any other faction with equal numbers (but always loose around %15 of troops per battle)  but I can't dominate battle as when I am playing vaegirs or swadians. 

I don't want the superhuman Nords of vanilla but I do think their loadouts should be improved.
  11. 1.125 jerky screen

Definitely noticed jerkiness after upgrading to 1.125 - Never had any before
  12. Resisting the need to use TweakMB

bigtoebubby said:
    here are all the tweaks i use now:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=46290.msg2638600#msg2638600

theyre mostly things that i feel are 'missing' in the game. like a cancel option for times you accidentally click assess the town trade goods.

I looked at those ones you use and I thinks that's a reasonable start. You say you changed the quest time period, tournament betting and lord ransom though. These changes seem to imply you made things bit easier for yourself. I don't have an issue with how rare the village quests are. I think having them rare is a good thing! If you can get recruits too easy it forces to at least consider when/how you fight and prevents you from easilly getting 100+ recruits and dumping them in a castle. I just don't like the way they do it using a set day timer, it should be affected by game events and have a bit of randomness in it.

Did you make it so you could bet more on tournaments? I mean if you bet 100 which is the max now you win over 4000 if you win the tournament.. any higher would seem unbalancing.  Same goes for the lord ransom.

You sure you arn't already goining up the slipperly slope :smile:
  13. Resisting the need to use TweakMB

First off I realize this game was created by just a few people. Secondly I think it's obvious they were mainly focused on the multiplayer part for the expansion.   That said, I think we can all agree that there are parts of the game that are seemingly designed to infuriate the player. I hope...
  14. How do you beat this game WITHOUT cheating??

Thundertrod said:
    Leave one castle unassined to any lord you can stash any size garson in it for free.

He said WITHOUT cheating.
  15. Random Crash in Battle Screen v1.112

Crashes with 1.112 for me as well during battles.. script errors all over the place when completing quests as well.
Back
Top Bottom