Recent content by Valorius

1. Strategy

Tseu said:
    What if you fight against cavalries?They will engage your men before you can weaken them.

If you setup your line and then charge at the incoming Cav units solo, and veer off, most of them will follow you.  A couple may still head to your line.  Then just ride in circle and your line will get free shots at the cav units.  Use a pistol and shoot back at them and you can really thin out the enemy cav units.  Only time this does not work well is if your riding skill is low and you have a slow horse, then the enemy cav units will run you down.
  2. With Fire & Sword: Questions and Answers

If you take their last town/castle/fortress, and you do not get the message that the faction is eliminated, it means there is still a Swedish lord running around out there.  You can go search for him...but I just use cntrl - t to make everyone visible on the map (lifts the fog of war).
  3. AI Lord parties regenerating way too fast

I think you have already answered your own question.  There are 2 ways to whittle down the opposition.  Capture as many of their lords as possible (I save the game and replay it until I get a capture...and I never release them).  The other is to let them siege one of your town/fortress.  As you have already found, you can defeat 2000 with just around 300 ( I usually have 150 in the garrision with my 150 in my army).  After 5 or so sieges (they will usually lose 250-300 men with each attempt), they will break siege.  Since your army is 295, they will only have around 400-500 troops left in all their armies.  Attack them, you should be able to defeat them and capture about 1/4 to 1/3 of them and the rest will take a week to come back onto the map.
  4. Conquering the world as Muscovite Tsar

I actually just finished this quest after coming back to the game.  If you have enough support among your lords, you can be elected marshal while king.  But even if you are not marshal, you still get the option of asking a lord to follow you or goto a certain city.  Now, many lords unfortunately have very small attention spans (in other words they stop following at random times), so you may have to re ask and they will follow you again.
  5. Questions

There are basically 3 major scripted quest:  The Deluge, False Dimitry and Black Mace for the Polish, Muscovite and Cossack factions.  The Swedish and Tartar have the rebel faction in which you can become marshal for the rebels and support the claimant (who becomes the ruler/king).  The Deluge and False Dimitry, you can actually become king and have other lords in your faction.

The ultimate is to become a rebel (you can choose any faction), but no lords will ever serve with you, and try to conquer the whole map by yourself.
  6. Jailbreak

KasakTheConqueror said:
    So, is it not possible to rescue imprisoned lords? I can talk to the prison guards, but the only option is to give him 100 coins just to talk to the prisoner...

Pay him the 100 coins or take the town over and free the lords.
  7. Radziwill's Rebellion

KasakTheConqueror said:
    Do I need to capture Kiev (currently under Cossack control) in order for Radziwill to become the new king of Poland? I've captured all of the Polish cities, have 11 lords joined in the rebellion, have captured the king and 2 other lords, but for the past 40 days, nothing has changed.

There are still 1 or 2 polish lords roaming around.  You need to find them and defeat them before he is declared the new king.  If you are frustrated, turn on cheat and use <control> + t and it will show you all the lords on the map.
  8. why cant i recrute in my fortress

SR said:
    this is the problem, when i am going to the town center, there is only academy and guild merchent. nothing else.

Then you have not recruited all the people that you can for that town.  You need to recruit a commander before you can recruit troops.  You will need to build an armory before you can recruit the commander.  In the town center, when the town is fully developed, you should also see an armor and weapon merchant as well as a horse merchant.

You need to build up the town first.
  9. Quick help with sweden!

Ozean said:
    Hey sorry guys probably coming here asking a dumb questions and most of you seem easily annoyed from repetitive questions.

But anyway i was doing some reading and realized theres no sweden storyline, but i also read you can make clermont king of sweden, i was wondering to learn more information on how i can make clermont my king. Thx!

There is no official storyline for Sweden, but you can still play in that faction and become marshal.  You can then wipe out the other 4 factions and "win" the game for the Swedish.  The claimant for the swedish crown is not Clermont but the ex queen.  You can also help her claim the throne, become her mashal and conquor the rest of the map.
  10. why cant i recrute in my fortress

SR said:
    currently i am playing the Polish quest. because it will take a long time until i will be able to conquer it i am traveling and doing business. i had a luck and there was a fortress of the enemy with a small garrison so i took it. i am currently not belong to any faction. will i be able to join a faction?
    beside that all the position in the fortress are occupied and all the improvements. i don't even have the option to talk to anyone but the mayor. how do i get more recruit in my own castle?

If you are doing the Deluge (polish questline), you have to be part of the polish faction.  You can still join a faction as long as you are not at war with it (you are now a rebel).  To recruit troops, you need to go to the town center and talk to the commander.
  11. Thinking of buying Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword

There is also a demo for WFAS.
  12. Some question about play free style

kidboo said:
    Because when doing quest warsaw, no lord follow me so i have no way to attack warsaw-in it has about 430 troops( veteran army T_T)  so bored and go away but meet bratslav the city of cossack have only 200 week amy as poor cossack and immediate i take it and start the history euro by self. It is so great but not perfect, have some question
    1.what is "honor ratings" use for?
    I played to level 26, gain 111 honor points during the game but I do not see any effect of it, does anyone know?
    2.when faction defeat where to lord of that faction go? i keep 2 lord of lost faction cossack what should i do with them ?
    3.relationship with female to do what ?
    4.what re highest defense glove and boot ? how much is it ?
    5.have anyway to play mutilplayer with style singerplay: trade, do quest and build empire

I finished the game as a rebel, basically you against the map.  Here is the thread with spoilers.
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196311.0.html

Honor does not really do anything in the game right now.  WFAS does not have all the features found in Warband.  There is no "right to rule" and relationship with women.
  13. Villages not assigned when capturing town

shushteru said:
    I conquered Koenigsberg for Poland and after the king awarded it to me, I noticed that Koenigsberg's three villages : Tapiau, Nidritsa and Plunge were not under my rule. The polish king said something about giving Plunge to someone else, but now all three villages are without a ruler. Is this a bug ?

No, the king may give the villages to different lords and not to the lord that owns the town that controls them.  It sometimes takes a few days for the king to assign towns and villages.
  14. question about the game

Granas said:
    can't seem to be able to find anything on this, but i wanted to know if its possible to finish fire and sword without completing the missions?, like atm i'm up to the mission for poland where it asks you to leave poland and help a claimant of the cremeans ascend to the throne. What if i don't want to leave my nation to do that, could i still finish the game by just conquering all the enemy nations?

Yes, you can win the game as a rebel.  But it will be you against the rest of the map.  You will need to take out the 5 factions all by yourself (you will not be able to get any lords in your faction or follow you).
  15. How to get noble to follow you

ashleybeshir said:
    Right know in game. I have a oath to kingdom of Sweden and have fief and flag. But ı was wondering how to get the rest of the nobles to follow me to siege some fortress.

You need to become marshal.
Back
Top Bottom