Recent content by Vaegir Luchnik

1. How effective were bows in actual history?

It's very difficult to ascertain, there's no one answer here, especially because the massive difference that place makes, not to even mention the rich and varied factor of time, as bows can be very different in terms of efficiency, purpose/ use, draw weight and such things also affect arrows.

Overall, as a traditional fletcher, toxophilite and bowyer, for what that's worth, I wager to say that Bannerlord has rather decently balanced archers.

An army compromised solely of archers will not win, like it did in Warband with Vaegir Marksmen armies. Mostly because they get swept aside easier it seems by cav or good shielded inf, faster than they did b4 in WB. Try an all Imperial, Sturgian, Khuzait, Batannian or Aserai archer army. You'll get bent the first time u encounter anyone with sizeable cavalry force and they swoop your men off of the field.

Maybe ranged *seems* to be doing much dmg, but this is a problem of armor in this game being not very effective at countering damage, rather than merely (ranged) weapons themselves but doing to much dmg.
  2. Best-dressed Warrior

Wow this thread is like the one constant factor in my life. Always something elegant about Greek helmets with plumes, keep the pretty pictures coming!
  3. Resolved Graphical bug/issue with string of "Noble Bow"

Smaller graphical issue, but a string is placed wrong on one of the bows. Basically attached properly it'd be like the Khergit bow from WB, so the bowstring being attached to actual tips of the bow (so at the top of the wood end, called a siyah) It'd be fixed easily probably. Currently looks...
  4. Any Real Reason Go Into Towns?

Yeah some quests, workshops, gang interactions. But also ofc looking at and getting an idea of the defenses a bit if you wanna siege it later.
  5. SP Dark Ages [WB] Attila The Hun

Azura34 said:
    Vaegir Luchnik said:
    How is the mod development going along? Always liked the period, please don't say mod is dead :ohdear:
    No I'm not dead I'm still going on and it'll be out soon.

Good to hear, keep the pics and stuff coming!
  6. SP Dark Ages [WB] Attila The Hun

How is the mod development going along? Always liked the period, please don't say mod is dead :ohdear:
  7. We can apply a multiplayer beta account now??

fingers crossed someone didn't do an excellent well timed scam with incredible skill here and got all our personal info fellow knights. Also if it ends up being real, i just filled in, so Bannerlord then!!!
  8. Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

Redleg said:
    Vaegir Luchnik said:
    I have some time to play now and also tweak. This is mostly as suggestions, here are tweaks I made by adding some .brf and changing some things with Morghs +TweakMB. I have just read your dev blog, let's hope that you are right about BL releasing shortly after this mod!! Here's my suggestions:
    Ver:2.52 with patch from Jun 30
    Suggestions/tweaks
    - Love how everything fits well in Native style. Looks really nice, it feels like it would be how Calradia would look in 1050.
    - I play with the hardest campaign AI because I like lots of bandits. I increased size of bandit parties lower end and upper end (the ones of which I could find lairs). Seems like the bad guys are a bit outnumbered without this tweak. Might be just me though
    - Perhaps add a few late game powerful bows for variety. Stuff like the Eastern bow is very nice. While not as common as swords etc. there are some OSP with nice models which fit the mod decently. Perhaps some of Spak's OSP bows would fit. Maybe as a bow for elite troops?
    - Continue your good work!!

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will consider each of them.  I especially like the idea of adding some better bows and have just recently looked at Spak's recently released pack.  As for bandit parties, it is true that by mid to late game they are relatively weak parties relative to the player.  I can look at how the code scales the size of bandit parties relative to the player's level and see if a change is feasible. 

I am glad you are enjoying the game.  I think you will like the forthcoming version 3 even more!
    No my man, thank you for the free quality content!!  Will definitely be looking forward to see the Gerioans (if I spelled it right) and having the new invasion will be nice too. If you need anyone to playtest or check for bugs, I'm always up for it. Spak's had a bunch of arrows and bows, both the new and old ones are pretty good, some are more 'fantasy' tho. He also had some houses which might be useful for scening even. Hopefully all is going well with development, keep up the good work!
  9. Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

I have some time to play now and also tweak. This is mostly as suggestions, here are tweaks I made by adding some .brf and changing some things with Morghs +TweakMB. I have just read your dev blog, let's hope that you are right about BL releasing shortly after this mod!! Here's my suggestions:
    Ver:2.52 with patch from Jun 30
    Suggestions/tweaks
    - Love how everything fits well in Native style. Looks really nice, it feels like it would be how Calradia would look in 1050.
    - I play with the hardest campaign AI because I like lots of bandits. I increased size of bandit parties lower end and upper end (the ones of which I could find lairs). Seems like the bad guys are a bit outnumbered without this tweak. Might be just me though
    - Perhaps add a few late game powerful bows for variety. Stuff like the Eastern bow is very nice. While not as common as swords etc. there are some OSP with nice models which fit the mod decently. Perhaps some of Spak's OSP bows would fit. Maybe as a bow for elite troops?
    - Continue your good work!!
  10. SP Medieval Grunwald Mod Alpha 0.4

You sure know how to make people excited for mods, very nice armor!
  11. SP Sci-Fi [WB] A Land Far, Far Away 0.1.1 (Map)(OSP)(WIP)

Space Commander Nemo said:
    ghfZKn0.jpg

...it works? IT WORKS.

Gonna take a wild shot here, but I'm pretty sure this is all you'd need to do...
    [list type=decimal]
    [*]Install or copy your install of Floris Expanded edition (The non-WSE, steam-friendly version) to a new folder.
    [*]Download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/weqn3y6o26ahcnf/ALFFA.zip?dl=0
    [*]Unzip the files to the main folder of the version of Floris you created from step 1.
    [*]Start a New Game
    [/list]

...now, I guess I get into modifying how the lands are divided up. What a mess.
    This looks interesting enough to try for sure. Where would I get a mod like that? Is the Floris Expanded version from the forums good too? Or do we have to get it from workshop or something?
  12. SP Medieval Grunwald Mod Alpha 0.4

This year will bring so many good mods, both back and new ones. Really excited!!
  13. SP Fantasy [WB] Stronghold Conquest

Keep up the beautiful work! Can't wait to play this way too much!
  14. SP Native Kortlcha's Expansion to Native mod (v7) |v7 has released

Looks interesting, will definitely give this one a spin. Might be me, but the images are not appearing for me in the spoilers. Anyway, always like any of the 'native but better' mods, keep up the good work!
  15. SP Native Native+ (Now updated to 1.3.3)

This mod sounds amazing, just the right amount of new stuff! Sadly I also am not able to download it or the patch from the links you provided here and on the Chinese forums. Would really appreciate a mirror like JhonBrazil mentioned, if possible.
Back
Top Bottom