Recent content by Umezawa

1. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

I'm doing a female playthrough at the moment and want to find a lord to marry. I've settled on 3-4 good-natured ones with decent castles/cities but all of them gave me the "My lady, there are other maidens who have captured my heart" line. Is it possible to overcome this by improving my relationship with them? I got Hakon Stoutshield from +8 to +19 and he's still babbling about other maidens. Will increasing our relationship pay off at some point or am I better off looking for another option?
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Posting this question again as last time I only got somewhat nonsensical answers from people who didn't seem to completely understand my question.

Is there a known issue with the spawning rate of Unique Spawns in 3.9.1? Without any exaggeration, about 50% of my spawns is Rasmus. Most other spawns spawn at a rate I'd consider normal except for all the Rogue Knight Heroes which are extremely rare. I've also noticed that the map around the D'Shar desert is overrun with Inquisition spawns in general while Rogue Knight spawns seem very rare so maybe this problem is linked to the spawn rate of the factions?

If this is by design, it seems to be an unfortunate decision to me. Some of the Rogue Knight Heroes are some of my favorite fights and I also love hunting smaller rogue knight patrols down for a good change at decent equipment. Meanwhile, fighting Rasmus and his army of 200 bs cavalry and 200 bs sharpshooters is getting kinda old.
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Hi guys, quick question about Unique Spawns. I've been playing on patch 3.9.1 for about 400 ingame days and while the overall spawn rate of Unique spawns is great there seem to be some issues with the relative chance of each spawn. Kjuda, Zulkar, the three Seers, Eyegrim and the Noldor Lords each spawned 2-4 times which seems normal. The dread legion only spawned once because I took Maltise's armor. However, Wolfbode spawned probably 6-7 times and Rasmus spawned at least 12 times while all the others either never spawned or only spawned once.

In particular there seems to be a problem with the spawn rate of Rogue Knights and Adventurers. None of their heroes ever spawned except as mercenaries and random small groups of them are also very rare. Is this a known issue with 3.9.1 or a concious design choice?
  4. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

you should be able to find her in a couple of in game days inside a random tavern, don't know exactly how much time. I shouldn't be encouraging cheats but you could activate them and give yourself your items Back. Justice.

Yeah I think I'll do that. I usually don't cheat / reload but I hate losing items. How do I go about cheating to add the Ruby Rune Bow/ 2 Qualis back to my inventory?

Edit: Found out how on the wiki, got my Bow back and used the money cheat to get the money back as well. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth having to cheat like this but if Amin ******* Khan had just given me back my bow like he was supposed to when I thrashed his hide I wouldn't have had to.
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Hi guys, I've got two quick questions. Amin Jan Khan defeated me and took my Ruby Rune Bow. After I escaped I went back to my Castle, got new troops went back and hunted him down. Unfortunately none of the loot I got from him was stuff he'd looted from me and there was definitely no Ruby Rune Bow. I was trying to make sure he was never defeated before I'd hunted him down and i was pretty sure he wasn't but I might've overlooked it. I thought you were pretty much guaranteed to get your equipment back if you managed to hunt down the guy who'd taken it from you? Our faction made peace with his shortly before I managed to get him, could that have anything to do with it? Is there a possibility that I might get the Bow back if I fight him again or is that just useless?

Also ever since the fight I lost, Adonja has disappeared. How long will it take her to respawn somewhere? IIRC you had to get a certain amount of Renown before companions would respawn right?
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

In addition to that, I'd recommend creating a separate troop type for them and ordering them to flee to the edge of the map at the beginning of each fight. (Just spam retreat ten paces)
  7. Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor - Mettenheim Style!

Making a Custom Order that is essentially Mettenheim troops is the endgame goal. But you need a quali and a fief to start one to begin with and it takes about 1-2 ingame years and a LOT of gold before your CKHO is more or less ready for battle. You also can't join your CKHO, which is what the discussion is mainly about.
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Did the amount of rep you need to recruit a lord change in 3.7? In 3.6 you needed roughly 20 relations, but I wasn't able to recruit a lord at +25 today.

I'm pretty sure the formula to recruit prisoner lords as an independent king/queen in Warband works like this:

Relationship needed for lord to want to join = 15 + campaign difficulty modifier (5 for medium and 10 for hard) - player persuasion skill + lord type (10 if duke and 0 otherwise) + number of castles for the lord's faction + (2 * number of towns for the lord's faction) - min(number of your faction's castles, 5) - min(number of your faction's Towns, 3)

Note that it's the fiefs of the factions that matter, not the fiefs of the individual lords. Also it's much more difficult to persuade a lord to join you outside of comba than it is to get a prisoner to join you. Caliph Hamid is also a duke so it's even harder to recruit him.
  9. Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor - Mettenheim Style!

Griffon Plate Harness: 1 head/53 body/17 legs
    Immortal armor: 56 body/15 legs
    Dragon armor: 57 body/17 legs
    Radiant plate: 59 body/20 legs
    Ebony gauntlet platemail: 58 body/15 legs

Ranger Elite Armor (Rangers of the Clarion Call) has 57 Body /23 Legs. I think it's the best Order Armor in terms of total stats. It's not too heavy either.
  10. Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor - Mettenheim Style!

I'm pretty sure that's in breach of the Senderfall Convention.

I too would recommend joining the Empire rather than the Fierdsvain. Join the Empire Immortals and show those horse loving cowards how it's done. (I'm just pandering to him Noldor Spirit Horse, never leave me please.) It'll take quite some time to get your CKHO going. If you don't want to use another Quali on the KotEG I'd recommend going with the Immortals until lategame.

Unfortunatly you can not train your CKHO yourself. I find that at the beginning Sigi makes for the best trainer, he's lower level than the knights and Lethaldiran so you usually get to level him up at least 4-5 times within a reasonabke amount of time. Put 2 points in strength and the level intelligence to get his IF and PS skills to 10 and get his Trainer Skill up. It matters a lot. Once the troops start getting close to his WPs it'll be time to send in Roland or Lethaldiran.
  11. Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

I tried to do the quest to win a tournament for my Knighthood Order twice. Both times, I travelled to the location of the tournament as quickly as possible yet when I arrived there, no tournament was taking place and after 5 days I automatically failed the quest. Seems like a bug to me.
  12. Anyone figured out the new storyline content yet?

Yep. The treasure hunter parties are the rarest, they usually seem to pick a fight with a caravan or peasants, and then a lord stumbles by the battle and wipes them out (I ctrl ted a couple of times and just watched--none of those parties lasted more than a day or so) I wonder how they survived in previous versions, were they at peace with the ai or something?

It probably is the map, the more efficient use of space leaves nowhere for the small parties to escape to, so you get lords following them around everywhere aggresively. Only the mystmountains and the jatu do ok, with their large expanses of wasteland, and the d'shar raiders, with some lowered density in the south coupled with high speed, and the plain bandits, usually too numerous to all be chased down. Everyone else gets hunted aggresively.

I'd say treasure hunters/rogue knights are the rarest, followed by snake cult. Heretics do a bit better, what with the bandit patrols distracting attention from them, but even both them and vanskaries are much rarer than previous versions I think.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Rogue Knights and Adventurer used to be at Peace with most of if not all the major factions. I mentioned the problem with minor spawns being hunted down to quickly on the 3.7 Feedback thread. Saxondragon said he'd look into increasing spawn rates a little to compensate.  :grin:
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

"Captain, I'm deeply concerend about you leading us in a bloodbath!"

Yes well if you're fighting 600 men with 100 you are leading them into a bloodbath. Doesn't matter if you win or not.  :grin:

In all honesty, Wolfbode is very difficult to fight without a lategame army (read: 300-500 order knights), the help of another Unique Spawn or as has been suggested, a campaign army that is at least twice his size. The same goes for many other unique spawns.
  14. Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

First of all thanks a lot for the Update. It's great to see you're still willing to invest so much time in this mod so many years after its first release. I really appreciate that.

Now I've started a new character on 3.705 and have played long enough to give some feedback and ask some questions.

First off: Great Job with the Early game. I'm not sure if I wasn't just particularly lucky this game but it feels a lot less grindy than before. In contrast, now that I'm starting to get to midgame, it feels like regular faction troops and lord armies in general have become quite a bit more dangerous. That should serve to keep the lategame interesting so great job on all those rebalancing updates.

Second : Spawns. Like many others I have noticed a distinct lack of certain minor spawns. Specifically Heretics, Snake Cults Parties, Rogue Knights, Adventurers and Order patrols have all become rather rare. As others have remarked, this seems to be largely because the AI (and movement speed?) of faction parties while pursuing minor spawns has improved. This leads to certain problems. Fighting those smaller parties was always quite fun for me because you can play one man army for a bit without immedeatly getting riddled with arrows but the individual units were still strong enough to provide a bit of a challenge even to late game characters. Order Bounty quests that ask you to hunt rogue knights, adventurers or heretics have become almost impossible to fulfill without using the cheat to view the entire map and all spawns on it. Additionally, I started with negative relations to the Clarion Call (which I want to join) and have found it absolutely impossible to find an order patrol of theirs to support in battle in order to improve my relations. Lastly, I shudder to think how annoying it'll be to obliterate the heretics like this.
    Unique spawns seem to have become rather rare as well. 150 days in and other than 4 generic armies nothing's spawned yet despite me asking for rumours as often as possible. Does the new rumour value variable have something t do with that by any chance?

All in all, it would be great if you could either nerf the AI hunting behavior a bit, or increase spawn rates for some minor spawns drastically in order to make up for their shorter lifespans.

Lastly: Judging from the release notes and some feedback here on the forum, new quests seem to be a major focus of 3.705. I've yet to encounter any of them. I was once notified, that some new Ravenstern order had been declared outlaws after kindapping a lady in waiting but nothing ever came of that. Would it be possible to get some hints as to how to go about triggering/starting some of the new quests?
  15. [Updated] Prophesy of Pendor ~ Character Builder Program [For PoP v3.7063]

- because program shows only sum of all attributes, it takes me time to actually see what each selection gives; maybe add an extended view in a table format: comboboxes in rows, attributes in columns. 

Seconded. Would save a lot of time while planning a character. Something like that used to be available on the Wiki but I think it's been out of date for a while.

Other than that, great job, thank you very much.  :grin:

Also I'm unclear on what exactly rumor value is. Does it affect the influence of rumours on unique enemy spawn rates/chances?
Back
Top Bottom