Recent content by Tobi7043

1. New 1H perks suck

Yes I tested 1.4, and I mentioned - the perks didn't work before, these new ones (supposedly) do. Whatever the perks were before doesn't matter, the skill is now literally 10 times stronger or something like that.

Here is a meme video I made about it for another thread https://streamable.com/7n5fn2
    I see they got nerfed hahaha
  2. Is 200 in Smithing Good Enough? END Min/Max

So I made a character and was prepping him for a fresh start in a few months, maybe spend time on another game. My plan was to set him up as an expert Blacksmith so he could make my character's own sword, spear and javelins. I'd even picked my preferred weapon types to get the most out of being a Blacksmith.

Unfortunately, I didn't do the math and started my character off with a 3 in Endurance. It was only when I got my Endurance to 5 that I realized that, combined with a max input of Focus Points, I would only have a max attainable limit of 190 (40+150) before I hit the learning limit. I can boost my Endurance at level 12 to 6 and increase the learning limit to 200 (190+10), and thus get access to the Perk "Masterwork" with no problem (well, after a lot of grind). But after that point, I would need to invest every attribute point until level 36 (32?) (even counting that free +1 to END perk in the smith skill) just to have a shot at Legendary weapons without hitting the end-game Learning Limit.

So, what I had failed to realize when I started walking this path was that to have any chance at being a Legendary Smith in a regular game, I would need to start off with an Endurance of at least 7 and then increase my Endurance with every attribute point until level 20 (or 16 if I start with an 8 instead). While starting with 7-8 Endurance is easily done, it would create a very lopsided character. My initial Focus Points would be haphazard at best (2 points in Scout and Medic) and I would be pretty diminished in all other sectors (fighting, trade, steward). Although to be fair, I would only need the attainable 150 from Focus Points to get the most out of most trees.

But I've already set up 2 caravans and bought a shop on my prepped char. That was a lot of arena fights!

Therefore, I was thinking that I could settle for Masterwork Weapons and call it a day (not have to restart my character). Are Legendary Weapons worth the trouble?
    You can reach 175 with 7 endurance, the soft cap goes way beyond what you described
  3. Caravans are too weak

I have had no problems at all running caravans, even in wartime, they all earn themselves back many fold
  4. Do devs here communicate whatsoever with us????

You obviously weren't looking hard enough.
    Plese read it again... I said I played alot of EA, but never saw it until the other person in this thread showed it to me...
  5. Leveling is cringe-worthy

I have played multiple 500+ day characters and it is such a grid. I usually start to hit a wall at level 13-14 at which point I have to grind other unrelated skills which is immersion breaking. Attibute points are so few and far between, most players will probably only get 3 during a play through!

I really hope leveling and perks get more attention soon as players will lose interest. I understand this is early access, but it would be a great opportunity to start working on balancing perks and the leveling system while you still have large test base. Thanks for the great game and all your hard work!
    I get that lvl with normal gameplay in a few hours, so dont know what you mean with this... Of course it should be better and it have become alot better already, the last big updates they all changed the leveling speed and how easy it is to gain levels... But really like the system actually.
  6. Version 1.3 seems to reduce a skill

Master Smith has always been there, the Legendary Smith is gone.There used to be about 20% additional attribute upgrades for legendary weapons, and now this upgrade seems to be gone, only the basic upgrades below 4 points provided by difficulty
    Oh, well i meant i thought it was moved down, but checking the differences in the beta compared to normal i see the problem now
  7. Rapid strength growth of kingdoms in 1.3 beta?

This is not a issue, you need to grow so you become stronger, then they wont attack you, of course when you basically are free food they will attack you. I love that they are starting to fill up their garrisons instead of that before, it makes the game alot more fun.
  8. 1.3 Insane Unplayable war declaration bug

Alright here comes another - this time I'm not a merc to the green kingdom but I noticed some weird behavior on the map so I went and took a look - LOL!
    Dude he asked for the save, did you send it?
  9. Version 1.3 seems to reduce a skill

The original 275-level skill in the Crafting skill tree, the one that can forge legendary weapons, seems to be replaced by a new skill ... the original skill is almost the only reason for me to practice Crafting skills. Because you can forge 100+ double speeds weapon with 100+ chopping damage. Now it becomes Siege Expert. Shouldn't the Siege Expert skill be in engineering?
    Its longer down in the skill tree its there around the 200 now, its instead of 3 extra classes of weapons there is now only 2 more levels
  10. [The Armory] Post your smithing creations!

Whow, If you didn´t use cheats or mods, smithing lvl 268 is pretty epic! I played every day..last days I do only smithing and I have problem to reach lvl 60. ... Do you have some epic style for smithing leveling, or you just do only smithing from launch day? :grin:
    I got it in one hour without mods, simply Smith high damaging weapons, the lvls will rain
  11. Do devs here communicate whatsoever with us????

Most of the early access games I have ever played, this one being the exception.
    I played alot of EA but no one had it...???
  12. Do devs here communicate whatsoever with us????

It really isn't uncommon for Early Access titles.

Just two examples from a quick google search. As I said, it doesn't have to be super formal, a simple forum post outlining their plan for the future would suffice as far as I am concerned.

When I say that it would be nice, I mean to say that it would be good for the development of the game. Which I think is what we all want, devs or players.
    Yeah that looks awesome, but never seen it before, maybe its also a bit harder in these times, but of course it should be possible to do it
  13. Do devs here communicate whatsoever with us????

It would be nice if they showed what they are planning to do in the future though. I don't think we necessarily need a detailed plan with milestones and strict deadlines, having at least a vague idea of what direction they are going to would be nice and I think it would help us provide feedback (it would let us know what part of the game they consider "finished", if any, just to make an example).
    Well does any other company actually do that? I know it would be nice but is there anyone that does that?
  14. Critical Bug. Immediate Hotfix.

After the succeed Istıana's complo, South, North and Western Empire's Balances are breaked down.
    I mean,
    Before succeed Istıana's complo, Southern Empire's total power was 100 or 200. But After succeed Istıana's complo, Southern Empire's total power's 33658
    Before succeed Istıana's complo, Northern Empire's total power was 40 or 60. But After succeed Istıana's complo, Southern Empire's total power's 3896
    Western Empire's didn't change. For now.
    They are working on all reported and replicable issues, so go and share it with them in the bug section if you think it's a bug. You can see all known issues here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues.401168/ that is their first focus
  15. Critical Bug. Immediate Hotfix.

But why all the balancing? Shouldnt they first implement missing features (that will also have an impact on game balance) and then do large scale balancing once the underlying foundation is more fleshed out?
    I am not a game developer, but I just cannot find a logical reason for doing it the other way around.

Another thing: since the last patch on main branch is the first time I have had any problems. Before I never had a crash, now I have them every 30 minutes randomly.
    Anyone else?
    They surely want to first fix all known issues and crashes, make the game as they want it, it's not everything that is connected balance wise, but they are doing alot of very critical balancing that was very much needed!!! Like Sturgia always lost because they were too weak, that's balancing that really really needs to happen!!! Or the game is half unplayable...
Back
Top Bottom