Recent content by TMAN76

1. TMAN76

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

SenpaiHinds said:
    SenorZorros said:
    speaches would be nice but hard to implement since you probably want to control what your avatar says and something like a dialog wheel is a bit corny. still more immersion is better

In my opinion it would be enough to just have a cheer button and let the player do their own speeches. Unless they add literally thousands of dialogue options you're probably going to start memorising them over time which is a surefire immersion killer.
    It's the same issue with any repeated dialogue in video games. I guess they could encourage the player to only use speeches once in a while, but I can't see how it would work.
    One way they could do it is to allow people to download a speech or whatever, put it in a folder within the bannerlord folders, and then be able to play it ingame.
  2. TMAN76

Gamescom - Combat?? - Full Thoughts.

My biggest concern with any melee changes that they could change/add is that the game that we know would cease to be the "easier to learn, hard to master' esqe game. I don't want Bannerlord to have the most realistic attacks or parries in it, nor do I want stances or different kinds of blocks like deflection and hard blocks.

The biggest problem in my eyes with a game that takes into account those systems is that the game starts to lose its simplicity, which makes the game more frustrating to play. Take a game like counter strike: I don't think there's one advocate in the world that will say that it is a very realistic game in any means (what with jump scouting and all that nonsense), but it is a very competitive game which is enjoyed by a lot of players around the world. So, take for instance that the game counter strike over the years becomes increasingly more and more realistic, sort of how some are advocating for the melee changes in Bannerlord, and the game takes into effect more complex bullet ballistics like wind, stamina, iron sights, etc. All of these changes would create a game that is more realistic, yes, but is more dependent on "realism" and not dependent on player skill.

So lets go back to Bannerlord. The brilliance with games which are simple is that imo, they are less frustrating. In a game like Warband, I get frustrated with myself if I lose a melee fight because I know that I was the one who failed because I wasn't good enough, not that the game has some bizarre system which feels strange and awkward to use. For example, reflexes, which every human has and can display in a numerous amount of ways, and the most important thing is that in a game like Warband it feels comfortable to play. Sure, we have to teach ourselves the appropriate response to those reflexes, but those come rather easily because the game is simple. Stuff like a stance system which I would think would feel very stiff to play having to constantly changing stances and then block.  Things like weapon glancing, (although I do admit needs to be added to the game in some degree) I do not want simply because It would feel strange for many players and more reliant on those systems rather than a player skills that we can apply in game. In real life, it's very different seeing as you can actually feel the weapon in your hands and where it actually needs to go. However, this is a game, and although gadgets like VR have made some very good headway, I don't believe something like Virtual Touch will be coming any time soon, at least for us consumers.

So anyway, that's my take on all of this. I could keep going but I think I've said what I've wanted to say.

tl;dr
    Basically, Warband is successful by being simple, by using mechanics that feel right, and not using mechanics which we can't feel at all.
  3. TMAN76

The Taleworlds Facebook page- "Wheres Bannerlord?" "We want updates/information"

I was just recently looking at the Facebook page of Taleworlds, and one of the most asked questions was: "Where are the updates?" This is sort of a rant, but anyways, I'm tired of seeing that question being asked again over and over and over again. Now this may probably not apply to you, but...
  4. TMAN76

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I heard somewhere that multiplayer wouldn't be added into Bannerlord. Anyone know if that is true or not?
  5. TMAN76

MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

Detpacks, story of my life.
  6. TMAN76

North & South: Gettysburg - Announcement

This might be a little far fetched, seeing as you already have sharp shooters but...

Could you add the 13th Pennsylvania Reserve Regiment?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_Pennsylvania_Reserve_Regiment

If you said that you're not looking for suggestions then I'm sorry. But I'm from Pennsylvania and I think these guys are a lot more badass lol. I mean, they wear bucktails for **** sake haha  :grin:.
    If not, well I didn't think you would anyways, but if you do, I would become your eternal lover.
  7. TMAN76

North and South - Bug's & Glitches

Hi, I have an issue (Someone else in my regiment also has this issue) where on a random map (any size), it wont let me go arty. I believe this is only on battle gamemodes, however, it is extremely annoying. This night, I was expected to go arty officer for our regiment, but I had to go with the line infantry for tonight. This does not happen, however, on custom maps.

I have already tested this and it is client sided, not server sided. Please fix in the next patch!  :neutral:
  8. TMAN76

North & South: First Manassas [OPEN ALPHA RELEASED]

Will you add any Pennsylvania regiments per chance? Like the Bucktails? :eek:

Later on, perhaps? Pwease? ;-;
  9. TMAN76

Bought NW off of amazon, but i have Warband off of steam

Vincenzo said:
    Get your key from steam and install the non steam version of warband with that key, then apply the DLC key you got off amazon.

Cheers.
    Well, I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but there were errors with the keys when you bought Warband off of steam. In short terms, the key from steam is too big, for the activation.
  10. TMAN76

Installing Problem

Im having the same problem. Bought NW off of Amazon and have Warband on steam.
  11. TMAN76

Im sorry, i didn't look hard enough for other topics. locking
  12. TMAN76

Title says all, the DLC is in trial version if i download the trial Warband, even though i have the full game on steam. Amazon said that i didn't have Warband, even though i have it off of steam. Halp
  13. TMAN76

♔ The 24th (Warwickshire) Reg't of Foot ♔ Happy Retirement Spearing~!!!

I feel old now.

Been here for I think two New year's, but only about one and a half years, but you still need to add the section about the true Private Treeman.

IT ALL STARTED IN A LINE BATTLE FAR FAR AGO...

The sun was setting (Or was it rising?) And we had just lined up against this ye' olde' tree.
    Hey, all that musket smoke is gonna kill us one day, right? Better we have Private Treeman at our side.

14. TMAN76

Screenshots & videos

Coooooooool
  15. TMAN76

The Bull**** thread! What's the worst BS the game has handed you?

I owned suno, as a nord.
    It was besieged, But i defended it.
    Asked Ragnar for some help.
    Too late.
    BESIEGE IT.
    AGAIN.
    I took the castle.
    Now all i have is 2 villages and 1 castle. :C
Back
Top Bottom