Recent content by Thufir

1. Archers/crossbowmen in multiplayer

Sorry for the off topic question.  But where are you finding these stats from?  For me the character panel is unavailable while in multiplayer.
  2. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

alo said:
    in this mod must be aded bulgaria and crece :mad: :mad: :mad: :evil:

NikeBG said:
    Thufir is planning a Bulgarian troop tree for Indzhe's rebellion (as it should be, since at that time Bulgaria was still under the Ottoman yoke) and Crete is off the map (and would require seafaring and other such great efforts with minimal effects). Or if "crece" is supposed to be Greece, then Hellas is already in.

I just posted a new topic about a possible solution to Bulgaria: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,78676.0.html

I couldn't possibly add Crete in as a faction or even on the map.  But I could add a Cretan soldier to the Greek troop tree (their troop tree is painfully plain as it is now).  Any suggestions on what he should look like and how he should be equipped?  I think they wore all black.

ash12181987 said:
    Great mod for sure, installed it today :smile:

Actually I have one thing: Is it just me or does the rate of random parties spawned seem a bit... low?

I am glad you like it! :wink:

I did not edit the spawn rate of the random parties, perhaps the size of the map enables them to wonder a bit farther?

3. Bosnia vs. Bulgaria? (Rise of Nationalism)

There seems to be a lot of people asking about Bulgaria as a faction in Rise of Nationalism.  I am not skilled enough with coding to add in a 6th faction along with troop tree and lords.  So my question is, should Bosnia be replaced with Bulgaria? Historically speaking both Bosnia and Bulgaria...
  4. Aiming is a !@$!

reklem said:
    I think the accuracy is a bit funny...

A Flintlock musket has 100 accuracy, which should be perfect, but the actual crosshair is enormous. I know it's a smothbore musket and they are inaccurate, but shouldn't it say accuracy 60-70 then instead of 100?

And the rifle is also acting strange. The accuracy is 100, and the crosshair small, but i seem to miss even when the crosshair is right on the enemy, not even a slight bit outside. It's like no bullet would come out from the barrel of the gun...!

The musket and rifle both have an accuracy value higher than 100.  But any value above 100 does not register on the display in game.  The reason why they are inaccurate is because their damage is set to the maximum value.  For some reason in mount and blade the higher the damage value of a ranged weapon the more inaccurate it is despite its accuracy value.
  5. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

jay and silent bob-

Very nice Montenegrin hat!

Tweekinator said:
    Hi, I couldn't find anyone else asking this, and its kind of a noob question, so sorry if its been answered already: Does the Horse Archery skill affect your firearms from horseback? Poked around, and can't find the answer anywhere I know where to look.

I never thought of this before so I decided to check it myself.  The answer is yes, horse archery does affect firearms accuracy while on horseback.
  6. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

NikeBG-

Thanks for your info! Don't worry, you are not getting annoying. :wink:

I looked into editing bandit/faction relations before I released this and I am pretty sure it is possible to make "friendly bandits".  It is going to take me some time to figure it out though.  I would like to make it so Hajduks attack only the Truks and Bosnians and the Bashibazouks friendly with the Turks.

But functionally Captain Proof's idea of making them patrol units (with specific troops) seems like a better option. 

To everyone having issues with musket fire causing a crash to desktop-

From what is being described it seems like there might be a problem with the weapons triggers.  Could someone tell me if muskets AND pistols are causing a crash or just muskets? (the trigger used for the pistol is in native and shouldn't cause any problems)

Another option would be putting the mod into an actual installer.  Does anyone with experience solving Vista problems have an opinion on that?

Thanks,

-Thufir
  7. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

NikeBG-

Hajduks are defiantly associated with brigandage but among Balkan Christians they are more often thought of as freedom fighters ala Robbin Hood.  The two uprisings in Serbia were primarily lead and organized by Hajduks.  But the types of people who were called Hajduks varied greatly.

Thanks for the map corrections, when I make enough changes to the mod I will post a new version.

Captain Proof and Jano76-

The only thing I can think of in regards to your problem would be the particle system or sound, both of which were imported directly from Realm of Revolution.  So I don't know what to say.  Without a specific error or more information I cannot offer a solution.

Uzzui-

I plan to add a Montenegrin cap and a Serbian bell shaped shako for a future release, but my skill with meshes is very limited, so it might take a while.
  8. Rifle Accuracy

In my experience with firearms an accuracy value of 0 or 99 has the same effect of determining accuracy based purely upon your proficiency level.  1-98 forces the weapon to be inaccurate to the corresponding degree.

The main problem I had with firearms was accuracy being tied directly to the damage value (this is apparently hard coded into the game and I have no idea why).  For any damage value over 100 there is a severe handicap on accuracy.  I tried reducing weapon damage and increasing the damage bonus on ammunition but that doesn't work for firearms.  So the only way around the accuracy handicap is to increase the accuracy beyond 99.  But as we all know going beyond 99 causes a sort of inaccuracy transverse if your proficiency level is high enough (~350). 

The solution I went with for Rise of Nationalism was to reduce the damage value of the muskets and rifles to 100, they still one shot most people, and the accuracy is much more manageable.

Another problem I had was troops firing at targets all the way across the map (we can tell our troops to hold fire but the AI can't).  I found that troop proficiency has very little if nothing to do with determining the range at which the AI will start firing, but rather it is a combination of weapon accuracy, damage and projectile speed that the AI uses.  In Rise of Nationalism I am using 100 damage, 55 accuracy and 250 projectile speed.  That seems to keep the troops from opening fire before the enemy is within 100m-150m (effective musket range).  And to ensure that they hit targets consistently at 50m I had to double the troops weapon proficiency.  For example a recruit has proficiencies around 70-80 so their firearm proficiency would be 140-160.
  9. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

NikeBG said:
    Lucius Calrad said:
    Thufir,and where is Croatia :evil:
    Yeah, and where is Bulgaria?!?!?!?!? :evil: :evil: :evil:

... Just kidding (and contemplating about the possible rise of nationalism-related complaints in this thread (hopefully not)). :wink:
    Otherwise, great work and congratulations! The mod seems pretty well done, though I haven't had the time to test it out yet. But finally we have a Balkan mod which so many have probably waited for!

P.S. Since many people can't notice sarcasm over the internet, I'll point out that I'm not actually asking why Bulgaria isn't in (since it obviously shouldn't be, at least at that game-time).

I got the sarcasm.  And I will not be surprised if someone asks where Albania and Romania are before this week is finished. :wink:

But if you look for the Ottoman claimant you will find Voyvoda Indzhe.  One of the things I would like to try to do for a future release is opening up a new troop tree (Bulgarian/Hajduk) if you take up Indzhe's cause.  I am not sure where to begin with that however, maybe I could take a look at "Sword of Damocles".

NikeBG said:
    Actually, Telecaster corrected your quote "Here I am, and here you are, war to the Truks!" - it should be "Turks", not "Truks". :wink:

hahaha!  I thought he was saying "war to the Turks 'but' Turks (as in they are Turks), oops!  Thanks Telecaster!

10. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

Telecaster said:
    Svaka tebi cast. samo nije "war to the truks vec turks" lol.

Moj Srpski nije dobar :-\

On je Srbin, ali kao sto vecina Srba u 1800's, onda je preliven kao Turk.

Koristiti Engleski ovde! :wink:

---------

For everyone else, I think Telecaster is confused or poking fun at the fact Milos Obrenovic is dressed like a Turk.  Turks were the rulers so the Turks set the fashion trends.

And I told him to use English (I think!)
  11. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

Lucius Calrad said:
    Thufir,and where is Croatia :evil:

No offense, but Croatia had very little if nothing to do with any of these rebellions (Croatia was not under Ottoman rule).  Croats are somewhat represented by Bosnia (it is thought that 1/3 of Gradascevic's army was Christian).  But I did add Croatian Mercenaries which are powerful troops! :wink:
  12. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

Redfyre said:
    Wait can this run as a separate module from AoB?

Yes, just copy the 'Rise of Nationalism' folder from .rar into your module folder.
  13. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

bjorne. said:
    If you would like to share them that is.

Of course, feel free to use what ever you want! :wink:
  14. Rise of Nationalism an unofficial Add-On for: 'Age of Blackpowder'

Dain Ironfoot-

I figured that citing Age of Blackpowder would imply that I was giving credit to the credits used for that mod.  Now that I think about it that was pretty lazy thinking on my part, sorry.  I have updated the credits.

Vadermath-

I added an overhead photo from the map editor (I don't know how to take a "full map" screen shot in game).  To be the sure the map is not perfect and is likely to something I will work on in the future.
  15. [RoN]: Rise of Nationalism (v1.1, updated 13 Sept. 09).

"Here I am, and here you are, war to the Turks!" - Milos Obrenovic at Takovo, April 23rd 1815. Rise of Nationalism is an unofficial add-on for Age of Blackpowder set in the Balkans between 1815 and 1831.  In that time the region saw three major uprisings against the Ottoman Empire that laid...
Back
Top Bottom