Recent content by TheDuncanMacleod

1. Game always crashes when i enable any mod. Any tipps?

or much more simply look for an update from the mod creator
    doesn't help if the mod creator didn't write the XML properly
  2. Game always crashes when i enable any mod. Any tipps?

check the load order of your mods if any of them order themselves above the core game files on the launcher mods screen you have to manually edit a specific line of code in the XML or download fixed launcher mod (fixed launcher mod works for some people didn't work for me I just got rid of the mods that get out of line.) as for the specific line of code I don't remember what it is I never did it but a few of the mod authors tell you how to do it if you run into that issue on their descriptions page
  3. XP needs substantial boost across the board; characters AND troops

razorts without the xml XP boost my beta XP rates function normally for the skills that already leveled easy and the skills that were hard are just slightly easier (except smithing still takes about 4 hours real time and roughly 250 in game days to get maxed out with full focus)
  4. XP needs substantial boost across the board; characters AND troops

there is something I noticed in the beta branch however I did some screwing around with stats to test out how units perform with the new combat ai formulae being based on stats and the thing I noticed is that only the primary skills of the companions are affected by the new formula. if you have a companion that doesn't start with skill in bow not only does it take significantly longer for that companion to level up bow. it actually ignores the stat formula completely and fires just as accurately at bow 1 as bow 250. also smithing ignores any experience modifiers applied through XML
  5. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops We need more incentives to play with infantry instead of calvary

the balance so far is that to get cavalry upgraded you need war horses which take forever to collect for a full cav army. also if you use the new formations the way they were historically used they do in fact serve their purpose extremely well go to test battle set a ring of pikemen inside a ring of regular infantry and put an equal number of horsemen against them all units being equal in tier the horsemen usually barely come out on top and sometimes even lose in my experience. the thing that would make infantry a necessity to field is if the garrisons of towns didn't get drained by relentless wars to the point you are against all militia during sieges that get slaughtered by T3 archers let alone any variation of high tier units the balance is a long ways out and the cavalry are not the problem.
  6. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops We need more incentives to play with infantry instead of calvary

I use the circle formation and have my infantry divided into two groups so the spearman are in the inner circle and the shield infantry are in the outer circle they eat horse units alive in that particular set up
  7. No patch today....

they made it so you can choose to use any of the games previous versions through the steam beta tab
  8. Beta Branch e1.1.0

I didn't even notice the occasionally super thicc soldiers until someone mentioned it XD
  9. Resolved BUG e.1.1.0 Crashing after bandit hideout

I'm having a similar issue only its happening after the prisoner capture screen, not after loot. Sent reports, really hope it gets fixed soon. Dont want to have to remove my trade perks though

you can re add the perks after you are done doing hideouts i know its a minor inconvenience but since the issue only pops up in the Beta version i dont expect a fix to come all that soon for it as im guessing the big Beta patches will be once every two weeks based on what they said in the beta thread
  10. Resolved BUG e.1.1.0 Crashing after bandit hideout

same thing happened to me I sent in a crash report already.
  11. No Peace

check the bug forums if its not listed report it there
  12. Beta Branch e1.1.0

also 2.3GB update sweet stuff.
  13. Beta Branch e1.1.0

It crashes everytime on startup

if you are running mods check the mod order if any of them are above any of the games core modules the game will crash on startup.
  14. NOT Happy >:(

weird in my experience the trading was more profitable on this patch then others I think maybe the beginning state of the games econ is semi randomly generated.
  15. Nerf Southern Empire

I think you have a good point. I think the problem is that the Aserai is too cut off and remote from the Southern Empire and this in turn prevents them from putting enough pressure on them leaving the the Southern Empire free to face off against other threats. There really needs to be more than two small entry points between the Aserai and the Southern Empire. Maybe a route across the inland sea there or make the sea into two lakes with a fairly large land bridge in the middle.

if you read the grey logs long enough you see that the aserai get chumped by bandits as soon as one of their armies get crushed their lords go into a constant cycle of slavery by bandit
Back
Top Bottom