Recent content by thecalaquendi

1. thecalaquendi

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

OK I found why the game was crashing on a specific day.  The dunlending camp is up in the mountains and because of that, when the dunlanding parties spawn they automatically get stuck.  I guess the solution would be to either move the Dunlending Camp or smooth out the terrain around it.

Update:

So I've delved further into the issue and I discovered something really odd.  The "Dunlander Camp" changed positions sometime during the beginning of the game and the crash.  At first it was located in the plains south of Isengard and then (before the crash) it is located in the mountains south-west of Isengard.

What might explain that??

Update 2:

Ok so after more testing I've realized that the Dunlender Camp's location changes when the "war" begins, that is to say immediately after the cutsene.  I have NO IDEA how to fix that.
  2. thecalaquendi

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

whirring said:
    Another Crash:

Always crash for no reason on july 7,at the "X time" the game crash, i tried to do different things but the result is the same. :sad:

Another player has this issue:

Shazjgeorge:"...And second, this is in the warband version. I still didn't find the reason. I chose Lothlorien and we attack Moria with Rivendell. Just after several days that Moria was defeated, which is the 58th day, the game crashed. I have the save data just less than a day before the game crash. I tried many times, no matter what I did, camp, stay in the city or attack an army, the game will always crash at the same time."

Similar thing happening here.  My game crashes on day 31.  Playing as Rivendell.
  3. thecalaquendi

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Docm30 said:
    thecalaquendi said:
    I see you modelled the 95th rifle's pants from those portrayed in the "Sharpe" books and TV series! Those pants were however particular to Sharpe himself as he had looted them from a French cavalry colonel.  The officers of the 95th were actually supposed to wear "dark green pantaloons with a row of black twist down the seams, black linen gaiters with black buttons and small stiff tops, black garters and uniform buckles with Half Boots." (source: http://sharpecompendium.net/uniforms.html)

Either way, everything looks astounding and will make for a great experience!

I didn't base anything on Sharpe (except Ducos and Sharpe himself, but that's obvious). Those riding trousers are copied those this 1808 portrait of Captain John Kent, done from life by another officer to send back to Kent's family.

In both of the ingame screenshots on the first post that show 95th officers, both have them in the regulation leggings.

So they do, I stand corrected! Thanks for the uncannily impressive work. :smile:
  4. thecalaquendi

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

I see you modelled the 95th rifle's pants from those portrayed in the "Sharpe" books and TV series! Those pants were however particular to Sharpe himself as he had looted them from a French cavalry colonel.  The officers of the 95th were actually supposed to wear "dark green pantaloons with a row of black twist down the seams, black linen gaiters with black buttons and small stiff tops, black garters and uniform buckles with Half Boots." (source: http://sharpecompendium.net/uniforms.html)

Either way, everything looks astounding and will make for a great experience!
  5. thecalaquendi

Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

Hello hello!

I'm looking mainly for a cavalry regiment, but am also a great fan of skirmishers (love the Sharpe novels!).  25 years, Canadian, speak English, French and passable Spanish. Steam ID is thecalaquendi.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
  6. thecalaquendi

Shields disappear at distance

More info:

I have the graphics pack and TheMageLord's submod installed.  Latest Warband and Brytenwalda.
  7. thecalaquendi

Idibil said:
    thecalaquendi said:
    Hello everyone! I have a problem that I cannot seem to resolve! Basically, whenever I am far away from troops on the battlefield, their shields do not appear.  When I get closer though, or zoom in (shift) their shields suddenly appear.  How might I go about resolving this small issue?

Thank you very much in advance as well as for this awesome mod :smile:

If u open escudos with openbrf, you have deleted Lods files.

I have not opened anything with openbrf (I don't know what openbrf is actually :razz:).  Which are the Lods files? Thanks :smile:
  8. thecalaquendi

Hello everyone! I have a problem that I cannot seem to resolve! Basically, whenever I am far away from troops on the battlefield, their shields do not appear.  When I get closer though, or zoom in (shift) their shields suddenly appear.  How might I go about resolving this small issue? Thank you...
  9. thecalaquendi

PBS/NOVA Special: Secrets of the Viking Sword

I live in Canada so the PBS website didn't work for me.  Using the proxies you posted did not work either.  By following the simple instructions on this youtube video I was however able to view the episode.  Check it out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHLoXRPydew
  10. thecalaquendi

Legendary weapons

I would like Hrunting to have better stats.  As it is now, improved version of regular swords are better than Hrunting.
  11. thecalaquendi

News 1.391: Release 21 of february 2012 (mirror added)

Excellent! Thank you for your hard work, dedication, and PERSEVERANCE!
  12. thecalaquendi

Join multiplayer test this Saturday!

NOOOOO!!! I missed this :sad:
  13. thecalaquendi

I'm at war with every faction

JuJu70 said:
    @Pundragon

Let's say we know each other but are probably from different countries. Let's say you learn I executed my neighbor for basically no reason. Would you still think I am a good person?

I would think repeatedly looting your village after being defeated and released several times is reason enough.  Besides, many of you are not making sense with your "it is dishonourable to kill a lord." What do you think looting a village entails? Well, what about raping, murdering and pillaging? Logically, it would be your RESPONSIBILITY to kill the offending lord for MURDERING your people.  I think everyone in Britannia would understand and agree.
  14. thecalaquendi

Mushrooms [spoiler]

Some mushrooms are good some are bad.  However, it seems that only the bad ones will actually have an effect.  If you eat bad mushrooms you're stats will take a beating whereas if you eat a good mushroom the only thing that happens is you get a message saying something like "Hmmm... those tasted good" or some such.  Essentially, there is no advantage to eating the mushrooms.
  15. thecalaquendi

Porting Warband animations to original Mount&Blade

Does this replace the "sideways" bow animations for orcs?
Back
Top Bottom