Recent content by The_Hound

1. Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

"Anyways of course not many people give a **** about it anymore, it's a "semi- finished" project"

does it ring any bells for you?  :smile:

And oh spare me of optimistic bravado like "we'll be playing PoP 5". You well may play it, but if they keep this pace, you;ll be playing together with your grandchildren.
  2. Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Guys, remember TLD mod that came out when no one gave a **** about it anymore? Try not to repeat their mistake, would you? Yes, we know, its lotsa work and time and stuff, but if you release it too late, all your hardships and months of work will be wasted. And dont you switch to the optimistic "There will still be people who'll enjoy what we created" tone either, because yeah,  maybe there will, but their numbers are dwindling, as you might have observed. Dont let Noosers be the only one, who'll wait till the end.
    Or at least put a release date like in 3 years or smth, and people wont bother with it anymore. I certainly wont.

all the best,
    The_Hound
  3. Vaseline Alley: Tales of Ownage

Oh and my tale of ownage.
    Maltise showed up. Giant army even for her: 900 or so snakes. loads of anacondas in it. So I assembled all my elite cavalry, hoping for some epic clash between two mounted parties. And an epic clash it was. I had more than 200 updated knights of dawn, 100 ish updated Griffons, about 50 falcons and Hero adventurers, my 20 compansies clad in best gear available and several dozen of other mish-mash cavalry, in total about 420-440 men. even on a battlesizer 260, it looked massive and epic. And the charge of dawns and griffons. It was beauty to behold. Then we were massacred. On every dead anaconda there was 2 or three knight dead. companions performed amazing: more than 3 dead for each fallen companion and Donovan even knocked maltise out in the first charge. I killed more than 15 anacondas & priestesses, but all to no avail. With our third and final reinforcements, we managed to wipe out the second wave of theirs and then, along with remaining anacondas and cobras, came that undead infantry, which you need to hack in two to kill. there was no possibilty to charge, my remaining cavalry was cornered and massacred to the last man. I do not raise surgery, so it was just alistairs's four points and with him knocked out, my losses were horrendous. Of total 420-440 men i had, only 117 survived, all of them wounded. We managed to kill all the priestesses and most of anacondas, about 300 men and healthy chunk of cobras as well. Then we ran in disgrace. And came back with gauntlets and silvermists. And we had our vengeance though I was forever disappointed in dawn knights.
  4. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

when will there be another update?
  5. Vaseline Alley: Tales of Ownage

Canaris said:
    noosers said:
    If you haven´t, you suck. Really. Those peons are easily bet up by a 130 army. You should have tried Pendor Men at Arms and Swordsmen instead of archers and cavalry and chopped yourself some meath with a great big 2h weapon.

Couple of flaws in your plan "master tactician" :
    1 . At 10 tactics and 125 battlesizer i had 10 soldiers while they had more than 100 ( at once on screen ) so there was simply not enough people to keep formation, unleash massive volleys of bolts to thin their ranks etc .
    2. While you can lure some of the enemies around the battlefield , rest will simply swarm your army and kill them by the sheer numbers often pushing them back so when the initial guys are dead the rest keeps spawning right in the center of enemy formation .
    3. Big 2h weapon - why ?? Every mook was Onehit ko'd  by my broadsword so why sacrifice speed for overkill in dmg ?
    4. What i've needed was the wagon full of quivers ( and stronger computer that can handle a battlesizer 1000 or something :razz: ). I've died only coz some lucky recruit managed to hit me with his 2h axe after i got to close to enemy formation ( i have switched to lance and tried to couch and poke some bastards )

tl;dr Nec Hercules contra plures .
    don't be a sissy. peasant army can even be soloed, no problems about it other than time. And I always take them out with my 20 companions alone. My battlesize is 200 so there is not that big difference. In the first round there are usually just me, lethaldiran, siggy and frederick and we do just fine against their huge waves. and two hander is good to keep them at distance.
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Ravi47 said:
    omegaweapon said:
    i only have 30 right to rule :S is that too much?

here is my next question: i wonder what's the best line up for my companions, i thought a lot and i set ALL of them to 1 handed sword, shield, bow/xbow, arrows. however it dose not seems very effective, or maybe i ask too much from them?
    what do you do with your companions equipments?

As far as I know 30 rtr is limit to become vassal.

I give roland,alistar throwing weapon in empty slot and after defeating any jatu party give them jatu lance so they became heavy cav.give jocelyn maiden crossbow and steel bolts.give a one handed sword to alyssa.kasim,riva,adonja,ediz are cav.archers.siggy needs a good polearm.kaverra,fred are heavy infantry.Donavan ,sara are light cav.ansen,diev,leslie are foot archers.
    that's a really, really terrible assignment.
  7. PoP lords

So does Alistair, if I'm not mistaken and he is level above jocelyn. He also got engineering and tactics knowledge.
  8. Suggestion Thread for Post POP 3.6

Is there a way to add a noldor warhorse, that would not look as gay as current noldor horses do?I mean without leafs and paintings and stuff like that, while retaining some elvish looks. It doesnt exactly need to be overpowered i think you could change the noldor goldleaf warhose with that, adding some points to armor and health points. Also, retexturing noldor bows would be also nice, now they look (no matter how high the settings are) just like the cheap soldier stuff i had in my childhood years. And I dont even want to mention the daja bow, which looks absolutely horrendous.
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

there is no manual spawning, you just have to wait and they'll appear.
    Also, what are the minimum positive relation treshhold that allows you to still capture the enemy leader? Like I've got my relations with noldor above 40 and now I can not capture aeldarian even if i defeat his army.
  10. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Gavinrad said:
    The_Hound said:
    draistlin said:
    So i took shieldstorm and have been building my troops up, overall doing pretty good, was pretty hard at the start as i was getting attack by groups of sarleon lords, so i've resorted to keeping all the lords i've captured in my castle, got probably 8-10 lords captive at the moment, i'd like to see how Sarleon deals with that.  Factions can't spawn new lords can they?
    Good strategy. Whatever happens make sure you dont give them back duke brennus and alamar, no matter how much gold they offer.

What if they were to offer 2 qualis gems for 1 lord? :grin:
    If they add some noldor twillight knights too, you may consider that offer. Seriously, Brennus is Salreons best lord and overall, one of the best and most dangerous lords in game. If he, together with ulric, assaults your castle (especially considering you've captured a bunch of their lords, so they wont have to mix their lion knights with mish-mash troops of other lords), you gonna have a pretty bad time as those lion knights are just PAI to kill and they hit bad with their morningstars. Now add to it Alamar with his 40ish rangers of clarion call and you'll understand why I adviced you to keep them locked.
  11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

draistlin said:
    So i took shieldstorm and have been building my troops up, overall doing pretty good, was pretty hard at the start as i was getting attack by groups of sarleon lords, so i've resorted to keeping all the lords i've captured in my castle, got probably 8-10 lords captive at the moment, i'd like to see how Sarleon deals with that.  Factions can't spawn new lords can they?
    Good strategy. Whatever happens make sure you dont give them back duke brennus and alamar, no matter how much gold they offer.
  12. Hardest mod ever?

if you have money problem, hold a feast. works wonders.
  13. Weird dream last night.

I had a pop dream too (not last night, week or two ago). Dreamed I was a scholar monk who was tasked to unveil the mystery behind of talvor the fey's wifes death. I believe it has something to do with the fact that i finished reading Der name der Rose days before. In any case, in my scenario the scribe also died and I falsely accused lord dion, witnessed the duel before talvor and him, where both of them died and only after that was I able to discover the identity of the true murderer, a mistress of lord talvor. Being completely serious, it was one of the strangest, coolest and most realistic dream I ever had.
  14. Prophecy of Pendor Tournaments are too hard!

Hate tournaments in Janos, when they give you a crossbow and arming sword against immortals with twohanders.
  15. Noble Companions?

what you guys mean by noble? of noble origin or being of a dignified nature?
    Anyways, characters with noble origin are:
    All the sirs, sir Jocelyn included, the fact that he is a second son of a noble and knight-deserter doesnt change his noble origin.
    Boadice obviously.
    Ansen - son of a noble (I might be wrong here), who didnt want to become a scholar or monk, as his parents wished.
    Donavan, second son of a barclay noble.
    To some extent, Adonja, being a daughter of mystmountain thane.

Kassim is a pamiri dshar raider, that's why he tells riva that she is as noble as him (implying both are mere bandits)
    lethaldiran is an expert assassin and marksman, but he aint a noldor noble and his outfit kinda proves that (noldor ranger garb)
    Sara is... well, she's a tart and a bard. Not exactly a lady.

As for being dignified and content with any fiefs you give, I dont really know, the only companion I made lord was Alyssa and she's a greedy b****.
Back
Top Bottom