Recent content by Tengo Mike

1. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Bayard-X said:
    I need some information about multimesh and multi-texture for trying to merge the plumes of the Landsknecht beret to e.g. the burgonet. Maybe a briefe tutorial with in-OpenBRF-screenies.

Dunno about a fancy tutorial with pictures, but I can give you a quick walk through; listen very carefully, I have included everything you need to know :razz: ........

As you may have noticed by looking at the game files (specifically the sceneprop meshes), things are multimeshed. In M&B it was only possible to multimesh sceneprops, but in Warband it is possible to multimesh armors and weapons too. It is not possible to multimesh map icons, however. Believe me, I've tried.

Pretty simple really, merely type the name of the base mesh, then add a '.2' at the end, increasing the last number by one as you add meshes.

Example
    Example.2
    Example.3

so on and so forth....

Now if you want multimeshed LOD's, things get slightly more complicated, but again, rather straightforward. You type the name of the mesh, followed by the name of the lod (1 through 4) separated by a period, followed by a '.2', and where subsequent parts of that particular LOD are named by increasing the last number by one. Since everybody loves a visual example here's one...

Example.lod1.2
    Example.lod1.3

Example.lod2.2
    Example.lod2.3

Example.lod3.2
    Example.lod3.3

Example.lod4.2
    Example.lod4.3

Now multimeshing is only truly worthwhile if you are using two different materials. It allows you to achieve higher resolution on meshes because you can use a lot of different tileable textures. You can also get better results with armor looks by using different shaders to produce a certain effect, for example getting a nice plume on a helmet with both the nice specular shader effects and nice alpha effects. You can also design models modularly, so that you can multimesh different accents to quickly and easily create variation in equipment.

That ought to do it for multimeshing...... :wink:
  2. OSP Medieval 3D Art Al Mansur packs - Medieval bombard uploaded

Adorno said:
    It's very impressive.
    Al_Mansur said:
    11461812324138_almohad.jpg
    This looks native - or have I forgotten what native looks like...  :smile:

Of course it looks native :razz: its using native textures :grin:

Sarcasm aside, I don't recall any double story square towers with the castle_j (if I recall correctly) set. In fact, I believe the only enterable pieces of fortification where the gatehouse and a D shaped tower. But the fact that it blends so well with the native scenprops is a testament to your skills, Al Mansur! and the other stuff too..... :wink:
  3. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Romainoir said:
    >snip<

It's look really bad !!! i've try many shaders but there is still this weird shadows  :cry:

I hope someone can help me to understand what is the mistake  :wink:

Did you include a collision mesh by any chance? If I recall correctly, shadows in M&B sceneprops are rendered off of the collision mesh, not the actual mesh. OpenBRF can make a collision mesh from the visable mesh pretty easy. I could almost bet that is the problem....
  4. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Ahmet_Soykara said:
    What do you think guys  Its low poly .It is only 520 poly
    brorsas.jpg
    browwwwwww.jpg

Ah the good old ma deuss... nice model

I'm guessing it's for that mod in your signature. In my opinion, you could probably spent a few more polies on that. 1500 to 2000, maybe more depending on how many will be in a scene...

A few critiques :grin:

I would add a charging handle. Since it feeds from the left it needs to be on the right. I'd also add a butterfly trigger, and make the grips black. Maybe add a throat to where the bullets feed in. I'd also brush up the texture a bit; just because it's low poly doesn't mean it has to have a lower quality texture. I'd add some shading to suggest the detailing of the charging handle slide (which you modeled) and add some bolts to the casing.

The bullets are also way to skinny to be .50 caliber. Honestly they just look like really long 7.62. Just google the browning 50 cal and see how big the bullets are in relation to the weapon. .50 caliber means half inch diameter bullets. They're a handful.

The ammo can could use some depth. just spend a few polies to make it a topless box.

Since it's for a modern/near future setting, I'd add some rails to the feed tray cover for optics and ****. Maybe an improved heat guard (the thing with holes in it by the barrel) with a built in picatinny rail system for laser pointers/flashlights etc.

Since the weapon can be set up to feed from either side, you could do this with your model.....

ta4ojo.jpg

All that said though, for a low poly model it looks pretty good. Nice work :wink:
  5. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Also, with that modern armor you posted, I'd add a bit of shading over by where the arms meet the vest to make it pop a bit more, or by making the normalmap more defined in that part. Also, you could probably add a bit of sweat under the armpits and around the collar, since ballistic vests are pretty hot. :grin:
  6. kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

Easy fix for the head lighting problem -- remove the 'Instanced' tag from the face materials shader. IIRC, the materials face gen all use the faceshader_skin_bump_high_Instanced or something like that. That 'instanced' tag causes the head to be shaded seperately from the other stuff in scene. or something like that.

Also, try editing the material rend order for the faces. You can try having them rendered sooner by adding negative integers, or conversely, you can have the helmet materials rendered later by adding positive integers. or maybe a combination of the two.
  7. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Ahmet_Soykara said:
    Nice  :grin: You make them for which mod? and my C4 please leave a comment  :mrgreen:
    cedrtts.jpg
    cedrta.jpg
    cedrt.jpg

Model looks quite nice. My suggestion would be to  bevel the electric tape so it's not so sharp going around the corners.

However the model itself looks like a nice improvised bomb more than C4 explosive. C4 is a plastic explosive, and is actually white colored. It normally comes in a green plastic wrapper, hence why it is portrayed that way in games and such.

If you wanted to make your model more realistic, I'd first of all remove the screws on the main charge. It makes no sense to put the explosive in a box; if you wanted frag it'd be much easier to press a bunch of metal balls/pebbles/odd bits of metal directly into the plastic c4 (a technique employed by modern insurgents on some of their HME type bombs). Don't know what kind of iniatiation sytem you're trying to portray (looks like an electronic timer with some kind of initial det explosive taped to the side.), but if you're going for a remote controlled command det type device, I'd add an antenna to that stuff taped to the side.

But hey, the model looks like you spent some time on it, and looks great as is. It still looks like a bomb to me :grin:
Back
Top Bottom