Recent content by Stylus

1. Stylus

How many two handed weapons are there?

I don't play these games for historical accuracy at all, so I modded in a few 2h weapons myself. I really don't understand why you would choose historical accuracy over fun.. Especially when it's just for the player and/or heroes. More choice is always better than limiting things. Besides, I've read all these history posts here and I don't believe much of it. There just isn't enough real historical evidence to support most of these theories.
  2. Stylus

Viking Conquest Update 1.01 (released)

Kaal979 said:
    Do you people actually know how much improvement
    at low performance costs bring high texture detail alone?

Do you actually English?
  3. Stylus

Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Ravenfly said:
    ericbomb said:
    Does the AI at least charge in beta?

not the outlaw parties, but those lords, i challenged, do.

MadArkael said:
    Ravenfly said:
    any patchnotes on the latest fix (about 45 mb), or what has changed with it ?

Has there been 2 now? *sigh*

there have been three. latest has about 45 mb, dk what it changed... but raiders and renegades still stay at their spawns, even if they challenged u in the first place. I am fine if they stay there if u challenged them, but when they catch u up, they should be the ones charging.
    This one should be fixed asap.

This is pretty much the norm for Brytenwalda combat. If they feel overly threatened they will find high ground and stay there. Although this is somewhat annoying now as you can tell some are staying there regardless. I fought a 200+ lord army with one guy still sat at original spawn. (Only big fight so far.. Too easy..)

Comrade Crimson said:
    Can someone clarify something to me?

Are the majority of most game breaking bugs like enemies not attacking/doing anything and the majority of most texture glitches gone? I never really had issues with crashing so im not too concerned, I just want to know if those things are fixed.

I know music has been fixed, somewhat as well- though it tends to play travel music at times over the actual battle stuff last I played (which was roughly 3 days ago.)

Thank you in advance.

Textures and crashing seem to have been fixed.
    Enemy AI has not been fixed at all.
    Never had issues with textures.. I guess I didn't get that far in initially.

>Edit<
    I've not tried story mode.. didn't want to spoilt t.
  4. Stylus

Dear TaleWorlds

Crashing isn't as much of an issue as it was but the enemy AI is. They will wait at spawn 99% of the time. Or if they do decide to charge, one NPC will always remain at their spawn location. You might not think that's as bad as a crash but I assure you it is.
  5. Stylus

How many two handed weapons are there?

Grimes said:
    hrotha said:
    A pike is more than a long spear. And I disagree that it's irrelevant. I don't see why adding something that the devs feel would be out of place should be fine if it's restricted only to the player's character.
    But no, we need the utmost of historical authenticity! Only things that we KNOW for SURE existed can be allowed in this game! For example, trolls and their clubs!

Outstanding. Made me laugh hard.
  6. Stylus

mr.playa said:
    can any one help me with my problem ?

no one is having the ctd in every location :sad:

i have read all the comments no one seemes to have my issue :sad:

Sounds like a memory issue. I was having similar problems. Turning all the settings down to low helps a bit but it looks like garbage.. Especially the trees. Whoever thought the trees swaying like that was a good idea.. well.. you're wrong.
  7. Stylus

LordJR said:
    Noticed from the intro to the game that the background music cuts out. One of the key aspects of playing the game is to hear the soundtrack playing under the sounds of battles. I hear all the sound FXs, but it appears the song playlist is starting over and cycling through the songs at random. Likely bug.

That has been fixed since the 2nd hotfix.
  8. Stylus

Steam Holiday Auction

Slev said:
    Usual Steam bull****. Good idea, fails to realize the entire marketplace is dominated by giant botnets.

Is it a good idea? To put monetary value on things like that? Seems like an easy way to scam/exploit trusting people.
  9. Stylus

Traits.

Oh cool. Will look forward to that then.
  10. Stylus

armor and weapons

All too official in my opinion. We already have some amazing Viking mods out there. I was hoping for a Viking themed Warband.
    New items and features, etc. Not historically correct but fun from that era. (Possibly wrong choice of words..)

That being said, I love the new features. Just a shame about the reused assets and lack of gear customisation. I'm sure that'll get modded in quickly though.
  11. Stylus

Traits.

Not sure about this, but certain scenes seem to have quests related to them. Perhaps they're obtainable from them? Otherwise I have no idea..

Spoiler alert!
    I've, for example, gotten a new Hero from a simple quest. Look for unique white named locations.
  12. Stylus

Refuge questions

Thanks!

I found two more. There is one in Scotland and one in Ireland too.

Slytacular said:
    Is it only me that has this problem, but how do you stop your army from building a refuge every time I decide to rest in the game? This feature bankrupts me because its a 1000 penings each time.

The bug has been reported. It can also happen before you even build one. Apparently is takes your money either way; even if you don't have enough.
    Hotfix Thread (Note: Not fixed as of yet.)

13. Stylus

Refuge questions

I guess a lot of this could be spoilers if you've not played it yet, so.. Any help appreciated!
  14. Stylus

Character Generation and Starting Stats

Daergarz said:
    Actually, leadership also stacks in VC, which was something that blew me away when I saw it. And the only reason I noticed was because some of the companions the story gives you has leadership points by default (which I felt was almost a bug).

Then all of a sudden my max partysize was 140 or something.

I know what I want; a manual (unless I missed a topic under Game Concepts accessible in-game).

Yeah that would be great. I guess we'll find out a lot more about the way features work once the module's source files are released.
  15. Stylus

Ldsantana said:
    Since the patch the enemy AI is always on defensive mode they NEVER charge

I can confirm this with all normal land battles. Only once did they charge and that time they had nothing but archers.
Back
Top Bottom