Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Firstly, as Armağan has already stated we would like to offer our apologies to anyone having errors with Viking Conquest currently. We are aware that many users are having problems and this is not the way we would like to release games now or in the future.

Regardless, we are committed to bringing the DLC to a the standards that we expect of ourselves and the standards that you should expect from us. Thank you to those who have faith in our ability to do this; we are determined to repay that with results and hopefully this fix is a start.

Now to the business end of this:

On Steam, we have currently loaded an updated version of the game as a beta branch.

Updated - To select this, you need to right click on "Mount & Blade Warband" in your Library, open the betas tab and enter "betapassword" then press Check Codes. Then select the beta from the dropdown menu. You may need to close and restart steam for the download to begin. The beta build here has fixes for a very large number of issues and we hope it makes some dramatic improvements to the overall stability and performance of the DLC.

Update - This patch is now release on Steam and all other channels.

[quote author=Patchlog]
-Fix for crashing on entering settlements
-Reduced memory uses, to help with general crashing
[/quote]

We understand you are customers, not testers but we would be very grateful to anyone who wants to try this right away and let us know how it works. We are also testing this from our end.

It is our intention to release this ASAP, providing everything is working.

The patch is savegame compatible but not multiplayer compatible. We will be updating our servers to test multiplayer shortly.

Thank you for your faith and patience.

Thanks Captain Lust. I can't find the Beta patch yet, but I'm sure it will be along shortly.

*keeps restarting Steam*

17b6e5730e96f161fe472534aa9ce01f.png

Captain Lust said:
Enbee said:
Thanks Captain Lust. I can't find the Beta patch yet, but I'm sure it will be along shortly.
You may need to restart Steam to see it in the "BETAS" tab.

Thanks for the tip. I've restarted several times and checked the BETAS tab, but I still only have "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" as a drop down selection. I'll wait a few minutes and try again.

Captain Lust said:
OK looks like Steam have played with their system. Please enter "betapassword" and press Check Codes for it to appear.
Nice work devs, downloading already :smile: soon we will make another feedback about the situation, but certanly will be better each moment! Long live.

Initial reports suggest some missing texture errors. These are related to our efforts to improve the overall performance of the game. We are noting these and fixing them quickly.

If you post any that you find we can work to resolve them.

nvm they asked to use this thread and not the subforum

anyone curious: 107.5 MB download

Could you guys please post patch notes? It would help with our bugs reporting. Short sentences like -> fixed missing pony texture; etc

Tried launching, but it wouldn't come up with the module menu, is anyone else having the same issue or?

Update: Just restart steam if you get my problem after finishing the update

BETA PATCH BUG

The 1 handed weapon "Long Axe" is missing its texture. When I try to move the item, I get the red error message "Unable to find mesh Axt03-6".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom