Recent content by Sol_Invictus

1. Sol_Invictus

[RCC Server RP Event] Roleplay Event - Today!

I would like to join the greens. If they are full then add me to whatever faction so that there will be a good balance.
  2. Sol_Invictus

[PW] Progress Thread - Changes for Future Releases

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the mod will reborn. I'm not playing mount & blade until i see at least 40 players on a PW server.  :???:
  3. Sol_Invictus

This mod is dead

artifex, they didn't go to FPW as those servers are pretty empty as well. Everybody plays CRPG and native for some reason that i don't understand.
    I don't like CRPG because you have to play a looooong time to be able to kill even one player there. Skill is not as important as time spend playing.
    Native is bland and unrewarding.
    FPW is more cartoony and doesn't have the charm of PWM.

So i still don't get why did people stop playing it :???:
  4. Sol_Invictus

This mod is dead

30 players mindlessjack? Really? Do you remember when there used to be 100+ players online? That was epic.

Anyway, i found a youtube video of what this mod is about and it makes me even more sad that people do not play it anymore.
    The video has great music and editing.
    Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG9sQXEgCs0
  5. Sol_Invictus

This mod is dead

How the hell did this happen? This is the best mod out there in my opinion. So why the hell did it die? And why doesn't anybody talk about it? :shock:
  6. Sol_Invictus

problem with 22nd server new rules.discuss

Czar9797 said:
    As I said, they have no money. All allowing randoming is going to do is remove the need of admins and piss everyone off and make them stop playing this mod.

Lots of people will protect you without paying them in advance. You could make a contract which stipulates that you will pay your bodyguard after he brings you safely to your destination.
    You don't like paying for protection? Join a faction and ask your comrades to protect you while mining. The possibilities are endless. Stop putting your effort into complaining and start putting it into  thinking. :idea:
  7. Sol_Invictus

Plazek said:
    smart guys right there.

We will be back though.

Excellent news Plazek. All who agree say: "AYE"
  8. Sol_Invictus

lol At people who think they are so good ('til They get killed by a guy in Rags)

Well, you all have to admit that Korgoth (the cartoon character) is awesome.
  9. Sol_Invictus

Maximo_khan, i know you to be one of the best players out there. If you can kill alone 5 men, think what you can do with an army backing you up.

I think the lack of rules will ultimately lead to a much better game play. The only real problem is players not willing to commit. Let me explaing
    -i see tons of people complaining about being killed as serfs or as unarmed. Well, as frustrating as that is (been there many times as we all were), i think this is as necessary as buying arrows for your bow. If serfs could mine undisturbed, the economic system would be useless since everyone would mine for 20 minutes to make 120k gold.

As killing unarmed is allowed, all players will have to flock to factions for protection. No more roaming around the countryside with no worries in the world.
    Not only will people have to join factions, they will have to organize in order to produce money for better equipment. Sentries will be posted on walls/gates and caravans will be formed. Serfs of one given faction will mine under the protection of their comrades. Other factions will try to undermine these war efforts by raiding the caravans.
    Bandits will also have more room to maneuver since the map will not be as full of people as it is now.
    Overall, this is why i think the no rules rule is beneficial to gameplay and rolepay.

However, it seams the 22 server is down and so is this interesting experiment. SAD :cry:
  10. Sol_Invictus

Request: Two Handed Axes

I am against introducing great axes as well.

I think all weapons should have a lower damage so we could have longer, more intense battles.
  11. Sol_Invictus

Belmont the Troll

Selcouth said:
    for the past 3 nights belmont has had about 90 kills, how i do not know for i've only ever seen him once. He was attempting to mine iron when i attacked him with my greatsword which he quickly blocked and i decided to flee in terror, and i never saw him again

He had 90 kills because he was playing for 20 hours non stop or he is a unarmed killer. Either way, not very flattering.
    You must be a big noob to run from a serf while you have a great sword.
    And who is this Belmont anyway? Never noticed him until today when he killed me while i was an unarmed serf. From what i can gather from the other posts and my personal experience he is a criminal who should be killed on sight... :razz:
    *added to the list*
  12. Sol_Invictus

What do we do about the pimps?

It's not a matter of proving who is the better player. It's a matter of gameplay, enjoyability and the idea behind the mod.
    Like i said already guys, you can do whatever the hell you feel like BUT respect this one unwritten rule: do not just piss on the idea behind the mod. It's not about teaming up and killing everyone regardless of the means. It's about factions and RP. In my book the only thing that should not be done under no circumstances is to get inside a castle dressed up as that faction and tk-ing everyone. 1-2 men doing that while the others wait outside and get in when the gate is opened is acceptable (even if i dislike it) but the whole team doing it is just cheating in my book.
  13. Sol_Invictus

True words Leesin. Finally someone who understands the problem. I doubt that Laszlo had this in mind when he created the mod. :???:
  14. Sol_Invictus

Used said:
    introduce renown

Gravy -10000 renown

Renown is a interesting concept but i honestly don't trust players will use it correctly. Perhaps if every vote will take just a small portion of the player renown then it could work.
  15. Sol_Invictus

Abaddon_Acker said:
    that wasn't all of us to be honest.  Let's be real, anyone who was killed by or killed us in the "golden shower" tavern raid had a good time except for the serial horse killer Sol_Invictus.

People want to be safe, but safe is boring.  If I wanted to ride around on a horse without the chance of an arrow in my back (or two in my ball sack like yesterday ), I'd play "my pretty pony - medieval edition".

Abaddon the Unholy

ps.  I can't wait until they impliment a Pope.

You forgot serial pimp killer alongside serial pimp horse killer :roll:

I didn't said i wanted to be safe. All I said is that i don't like people cheating and whole groups disguising in a faction's color, entering that faction's castle and starting killing team mates. Over and over and over again...
    You may think everybody was having fun but i can't imagine anybody enjoying themselves when randomly mobed by team mates in their own castle. Not even you.

You mention the tavern thing. I have no problem with you holding the inn or any other objective. I can assure you that i love sieges and defenses as much as anybody (otherwise i wouldn't be playing this game). Just stop ruining it for everybody with cheating. Skilled players wouldn't need to resort to team killing in order to take and defend a location. Correct me if i' m wrong.

Anyway, the map changed. Maybe it's a chance for a new beginning and you'll stop that "tactic". One can only hope. :smile:
Back
Top Bottom