Recent content by Skinwah

1. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Wasting your time trying to have a conversation with Sher. I'm not convinced he isn't just a troll that somehow isn't banned.
  2. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Obscure troops are too OP? My army of Hero Adventurers are not op at all.
  3. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

sher said:
    Skinwah said:
    Can't get troop from <faction> on campaign, how can make faction army?

Use cheats for perversions. They're foreign mercenaries, you're not supposed to hire them at will, and if you don't like immersion and common sense you always have testers cheat options for unlimited troops.

/quote]

Even given Warbands battle size limitations, hiring 3 guys at a bar when you have 100 Cavalry outside seems a bit silly. You have done nothing except say 'I do this so you are wrong'. How about discuss the idea of having specific npcs for each faction?

Personally I don't have any problems running an adventuring company consisting from best troops (mostly foreign) during very long campaigns but I'm using small number of best rescued troops to act as meat shield like any sane commander would. The only money I spend on troops are for foreign troops in taverns and their upgrades, almost never on usual troops and their upgrades - it's not hard to live fine with rescued troops only. And foreign troops are actually much better precisely for campaigns since their upgrade paths are shorter and cheaper in the end - perfect to reinforce elite core for fresh war.

[/quote]

Again, you are reading what you want to read. I said I want to make an army out of expensive mercenary troops and you say you can make an army out of rescued prisoners. I am amazed, do you even think before you flap your gums?
  4. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

sher said:
    Skinwah said:
    Have you ever played mount and blade?

Ofc not, only you did. There are so many foreign troops now that I don't even hire them all all the time.

Deflecting the actual point. Good job. I will make it simpler for you to understand;

Can't get troop from <faction> on campaign, how can make faction army?
  5. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

sher said:
    With high surgery and proper tactics with new options you can easily have an army of foreign troops since they're very strong. If you cannot care for your own troops and need endless supply of cannon fodder then it's your own problem I guess. You always can get as much as you want through cheat menu anyway.

Have you ever played mount and blade? A long campaign with/being the marshall will whittle your troops. You fight with your allies and you can't help casualties.
  6. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Brew said:
    There is a new recruitment option added to the red brotherhood slavers, when you ask for rumors they sometimes(its quite common) give the opportunity to hire mettenheim and melitine mercs around 20 or so at a time.
    The probably also offer barclay troops aswell.
    Its quite easy to build up a sizable force of your preferred kind now.

Is that actually new? Didn't they always do that? My suggestion was to have an npc for each faction that ONLY offered that factions mercs.
  7. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

I love the new mercenary hiring but how about having specific npcs for some of the more difficult to get mercenaries? Like a sole npc that would sell you bottom tier Mettenheim, one for Melentine etc. I want to make armies from some of the really cool troops but it just isn't possible and it is a shame to waste so many cool troops. For instance, I tried a veccavia only army (one of the few 'special' troops that are actually relatively easy to get) and even though it was rubbish I was fine replacing my losses but couldn't find enough Maidens. Make it expensive but make it possible. Running from tavern to tavern for hours is just boring and good luck finding enough peasant women or maidens in prisoner stacks.

TL;DR give us a way to hire mercenaries from specific cultures. A single travelling npc that restocks weekly is my suggestion. One for each culture. A lot of really cool troops seem wasted when you can only hire a few every decade and they die a long time before you can upgrade them.
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Gorvex said:
    Chances or requirements for getting the Red Brotherhood Hideout haven't been changed.

What's your Rumor Interval based on your choices in the character creation? Being 'a bard' at the 3rd stage, or choosing the 'left to fend for yourself' at the 2nd stage enables you to have the best (lowest) values, so that you can get more rumors in general. Becoming 'a self-employed merchant' at the 3rd stage enables you to have the 2nd best Rumor Interval value.

Other than these, you could just have bad luck, it happens. From my numerous playthroughs, I remember that two times, I got the rumor for the hideout the first time on day 300+. Despite that I had the best character background for this (see above), and that I always asked traveller NPC-s for rumors whenever I could.

I forgot to mention that, my best choice was self employed merchant. I visit any town I'm passing to check for good weapons/armour/horses and to ask travellers but no luck. Guess they have an extra good hideout this play through! I'll get 'em eventually!
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Is there any requirement for the Red Brotherhood hideout in 3.9? I have been asking travellers multiple times a week for nearly 400 days now and I haven't had a single Red Brotherhood hideout. Have I just been unlucky? Also, almost every chest I get is Rane, I can count the Valonbury chests one one hand, not that it matters, just an observation.
  10. Prophesy?

200 hundred lions? It wouldn't be a steam roll and I wouldn't put them against a fresh Noldor army but I reckon they could win against the dread legion.

You are completely missing the point though. You said yourself some things are for sandbox rpg. iF IT IS MEANT TO BE ONE WAY FOR THAT WHY IS IT NOT ALLOWED ANOTHER? wHY CAN WE HAVE CKO but can't join the snake cult? I will reiterate, why is it so rigid? I understand there is lore but being forced to tell someone else's story? The lore should be a background element not the purpose.
  11. Prophesy?

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
    Skinwah said:
    But a good CKO steam rolls even noldor or snakes? No need for noldor armour. You are describing it as prophecy, it is prophesy.

Lol, you are taking CKO into the lore? :lol:

This is literally my point though, if you can have a cko why do we have to befriend the noldor? If a cko is not in 'the lore which I have re-read many times' why is befriending the noldor necessary? I love PoP, don't get me wrong, but arbitrary adherence to retarded lore is grating. Some of it completely misses the purpose of a sandbox game.
  12. Prophesy?

But a good CKO steam rolls even noldor or snakes? No need for noldor armour. You are describing it as prophecy, it is prophesy.
  13. Prophesy?

If it is a prophesy and not a prophecy, why do we have to follow the rigid path of prophecy? Why can we not kill all the Nolder if we are creating rather than following?
  14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Styxt said:
    Just a supposition : merc wages are probably calculated depending on your units levels/base wages and don't take into account mercenary and mounted flags into calculation; thus not covering the entirety of your expenses if you have a lot of cavalry/mercs in your army.

After adding some infantry to my party I suspect this is the case as I am much closer to breaking even now at least. I usually have more infantry in my merc party getting trained to replace casualties but the party I posted an image of was almost entirely mounted and previous experience of having a party of just hero adventurers (mounted and merc) where you can't even get close to even.
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Lord Irontoe said:
    Skinwah said:
    Could someone explain merc payments in this mod? Some games I get consistently paid more than my costs and some I never get more than my wage cost. I tend not to use too many mercs so that isn't the problem. Here is my current game with pay and party https://imgur.com/a/8zfca . Surely I should be getting more payment than that? Leadership 4 for reference.

I have no idea how the payments are calculated, but they're covering 80% of your wages, which seems about right for PoP.

Shouldn't my leadership be covering the deficit? This situation just seems unusual to me. Like I said, I almost never have to pay wages out of my own funds as a merc. Have I just been lucky?
Back
Top Bottom