Recent content by SirKeeper

1. Warband - Help with sword scabbards

While I'm here.
    Many helmets that I find become weirdly positioned. I know that I should usualy use the 'inventory' version that is present, but how can I make those myself? Just changing the position of the helmet model? Here to illustrate:
    tPdTw.jpg
  2. Warband - Help with sword scabbards

Just verified the frames. The sword I was having trouble with had none in the scabbard's model. The others work fine.
  3. Warband - Help with sword scabbards

I took the resource from the AD 1257 mod. I used a native sword as template from the Module System items (Diplomacy source code but it shouldn't really matter). I then simply changed the item ID, name and the meshes.
    I will be sure to test the template sword and the sword in the mod before modeling anything.
    Thank you for the help and references!
  4. Warband - Help with sword scabbards

Thank you. I haven't been modeling at all, the most I've done with models is editing textures.
    What program would I use? And is there a guide to modeling?
  5. Warband - Help with sword scabbards

Hello While adding swords for my mod, in this case with resources from AD 1257, I encountered a small issue. I am using the Module System, and took a vanilla sword as a template and edited the appropriate meshes. Images will better represent the result: As you can see, the sword is drawn but...
  6. Help with item abundance

Here it is, for the inventory change:
    # script_refresh_center_armories
      ("refresh_center_armories",
      [
      (reset_item_probabilities,100),
      (set_merchandise_modifier_quality,150),
      (try_for_range, ":cur_merchant", armor_merchants_begin, armor_merchants_end),
    (store_sub, ":cur_town", ":cur_merchant", armor_merchants_begin),
    (val_add, ":cur_town", towns_begin),
    (troop_clear_inventory, ":cur_merchant"),
    (party_get_slot, ":cur_faction", ":cur_town", slot_center_original_faction),
    (troop_add_merchandise_with_faction, ":cur_merchant", ":cur_faction", itp_type_body_armor, 16),
    (troop_add_merchandise_with_faction, ":cur_merchant", ":cur_faction", itp_type_head_armor, 16),
    (troop_add_merchandise_with_faction, ":cur_merchant", ":cur_faction", itp_type_foot_armor, 8 ),
    (troop_add_merchandise_with_faction, ":cur_merchant", ":cur_faction", itp_type_hand_armor, 4),
    (troop_ensure_inventory_space, ":cur_merchant", merchant_inventory_space),
    (troop_sort_inventory, ":cur_merchant"),
    (store_troop_gold, reg6, ":cur_merchant"),

Do I need to alter the numbers after the item types (16, 16, 8 and 4) in order to change the amount of each item that is present?
  7. Help with item abundance

Thank you very much
    So is the maximum 100, or can I go over?
    I am also attributing all items to certain factions (including the vanilla ones) so that info there about the script is very helpful.
  8. Help with item abundance

Hello In the making of my mod I am adding plenty of items, and I'd like to ask what is it that item abundance means exactly? One would thin a higher abundance means higher chance of spawn, but reducing it seems to actually make the new items more common.  I haven't been able to find a clear...
  9. Warband - Need help modding bandits and bandit spawns

I see that their spawn is related to a spawn point and a radius. I assume the spawn location and the radius would give me all the control I need to determine bandit parties location?
  10. Warband - Need help modding bandits and bandit spawns

Hello I'm creating my own mod which involves expanding the map and changing the biomes. I would like to ask what is it that affects bandit spawns so that I don't have steppe bandits spawning in the plains, and also in order to create my new bandit parties and place them accordingly. I'd assume...
  11. Change the type of unit you can rectruit in a town/village

Many thanks.
    Just one more thing: taking that bit of code ensuring the recruitment of culture_7 troops in Nemeja as an example, do I place it at the beginning or end of "initialize_faction_troop_types"?
  12. Change the type of unit you can rectruit in a town/village

Thank you. I'm modding warband only in my case, and doing things like this would be very cool indeed.
  13. Change the type of unit you can rectruit in a town/village

This is interesting.
    I assume it applies to Warband as well, correct?

(try_begin),
            (eq, ":center_no", "p_village_13"),
            (try_begin),
              (assign, ":slot_faction_culture", "fac_culture_7"),
            (try_end),

Would something like this ensure that village 13 (Nemeja I think) will always have recruits from the new culture, even if it starts as a Swadian village?
    What about adding recruiting capabilities to towns?
  14. Question about modding tournaments

Thank you very much for all the help. I had no idea that the Mount and Blade modding community was still this active. I will take a look at the thread Earandil is refering.
  15. Question about modding tournaments

My main problem is that I don't understand the Module System enough  :roll:
    I look at that part of code and can't for the life of me understand how to pick it up and manipulate it in order to get town specific gear, like native does. I'll hopefuly get there though.
Back
Top Bottom