Recent content by Sir Moneybags XII

1. Sir Moneybags XII

Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

I apologise if this has either come up before or is in the wrong thread.

Basically my problem is that even though my holdings aren't poor (especially my town), I am making hardly any money off them despite taxes being on normal. Here are some screenshots that will hopefully describe my very frustrating issue.
    g4lnAoi.jpg
    DplhJW0.jpg
    CXG2TQZ.jpg
    9Ef78kl.jpg
    NOcBhka.jpg

2. Sir Moneybags XII

Official VC Screenshot-thread (new signature for forum added)

Sorry I thought this was where people posted pictures, humorous or otherwise. These are very isolated cases as I have been to every town in Ireland and only 2 of them had this 'problem'.

motomataru said:
    Sir Moneybags XII said:
    Attack of the clones:
    Version? Scene? Savegame?

Ummm these were taken in Irish towns, Caiseal and somewhere else that I can't remember unfortunately. If I'm quite honest I thinks this is just a happy coincidence.
  3. Sir Moneybags XII

Trade Useless

Sorry if this has been posted before but from what I can tell, trade simply is not worth it. I'm not sure if it is Floris' fault or Warbands but numbers like these are ridiculous I tried to trade but with numbers like these I actually lose money due to food and wages. I have read guides...
  4. Sir Moneybags XII

Trait confusion

Thanks for the reply, completely forgot that concepts existed. It isn't really much of a choice though between making yourself better or everyone else around you! I managed to find the file eventually. Got it right first time too XD
  5. Sir Moneybags XII

Official VC Screenshot-thread (new signature for forum added)

Attack of the clones:

MozIVZ7.jpg

WCBXhOa.jpg
  6. Sir Moneybags XII

Trait confusion

I'm pretty stumped on how traits work as I can't seem to find any source of information that explains them. From what I can see some traits are just simply better than others but the real bummer is that traits can't be picked, only forcefully assigned. So I was wondering is there a way to swap...
  7. Sir Moneybags XII

Morrigan story question (spoiler alert)

Idibil said:
    Storyline (VC) and questline (RE) are different concepts and dessign in the DLC. I know we (like players) like to change the world (in fact, this is what usually happens in all games), and while storyline this can happen, player become to be important in history around, questline is more dark, it has good rewards, but its aim is that the player feel at the mercy of fate. You feel the fear of not having everything under control. For example, the player always thinks will win every battle, but just to continue this story will have to see how his men were massacred by the monsters of Morrigan.

I guess the concept is risky, but the feedback we are getting from the forum and steam is very positive. We assume that the players wanted something diferent, fail to his mission in story would be to change everything at will.

Do you know what, I can be happy with that. If this is just a bold step in a new direction that just needs tweaking in future attempts then that's fine by me. Also about Morrigans monsters, were they supposed to be invincible because I hit one for like 150-200 damage. When I saw that I then told my men to run away until help came because I knew that I couldn't win. If you make a situation too hopeless then players know that they have to activate some scripted event to advance. Maybe make the monsters both strong and never ending. Also the rewards can only be achieved if you kill the most interesting Mount and Blade character with one of them being to restore your game to pre quest status.
  8. Sir Moneybags XII

I now understand that the whole getting ****ed over for doing well is some peoples cup of tea but I really think my last point stands. By the end of the quest regardless of the outcome, there is absolutely no effect on the rest of the game. It feels like this story is in its own dimension despite it seemingly having a lot of relevance to the rest of the game. I mean I killed what was supposed to be the next king of Ireland, doesn't that affect anything. I suppose it wouldn't because I have a funny feeling that if I'd let him live the fate of Ireland wouldn't have changed in the slightest. I mean I'm flattered that history seems to remember my deeds in the epilogue but no one at the time or place seems to have any recollection apart from some lords who now hate me.

EDIT: Also I assume moments of greatness are very far down the line because that quest had none.

EDIT 2: I should probably say that all this criticism is a backhanded compliment. The rest of the story was pretty good and I wouldn't have bothered posting if the whole thing was ****e. Its like a song that just builds and builds towards the climax. Your kind of enjoying the ride only because it is building to such a good finish and then it cuts out one minute early.
  9. Sir Moneybags XII

I would have traded had I known what the quest would lead to. I think its unfair to punish a player for having interest in Ireland by making it harder for them to be a part of it. Most people who play this questline probably thought that it would help them in their standing in Ireland. I mean in Fire and Sword there were faction quests which could ruin your standing in the realm but only if you messed certain parts up. Also the rewards were great but the challenge was far greater. Anyway what I think was the worse part was that I felt like I achieved absolutely nothing. I managed to kill a lord and help a last heir who had no interest in the throne and who's life/death did not impact the game in the slightest. Basically nothing happens to Ireland when you finish the quest and little good happens to you. Also people read books to enjoy and enlighten themselves, which is ironic because this story felt like a good book with the second half ripped out and 'The end' written in its stead.
  10. Sir Moneybags XII

toxic-nova said:
    Sir Moneybags XII said:
    EDIT: If I was to make one suggestion to the devs it would be that a quest based around a faction should further your standing in it, not hinder it.

But that's not how life works. It's how childish games are working. But the quests in this DLC are showing a bit of the consequences choices can have.

Of course its not how life works. Games would be **** if they worked the same way. Desk job simulator or everyone's favourite medieval game, peasant simulator which by the way would be viking conquest if it was realistic. I picked farmer father, childhood peasant and early adulthood poacher. Now I'm not sure how familiar you are with medieval social classes but my chances of making anything of myself would be very, very slim. Also there are consequences throughout the story if you do things wrong. The problem is that if you do the quest perfectly you get 50k, a bunch of pissed of lords and you miss out on the most interesting character I've seen in a Mount and Blade game (although competition isn't exactly high). The outcome of a massive storyline shouldn't be worse than if you were to just trade the whole time, which is a lot easier than the quest.
  11. Sir Moneybags XII

Just finished the storyline myself and I must say I felt very underwhelmed. I always got the feeling that the questline was leading to great and wonderful things, especially when you get the last heir of a throne in your party with an interesting personality. When it ended all I was left with was a total profit of 13k and a lot of new enemies in Ireland. Kind of thinking that it wasn't worth it. I hate to recommend my friends to kill Morrigan simply because the quest isn't worth doing otherwise. Even then if relations are important to you then it really isn't worth doing at all. Such a shame because I was enjoying it as well.

EDIT: If I was to make one suggestion to the devs it would be that a quest based around a faction should further your standing in it, not hinder it.
  12. Sir Moneybags XII

Locating Mael Bresail

Sorry I meant to post this in the story thread.
  13. Sir Moneybags XII

Locating Mael Bresail

I haven't seen anyone else post about this so I must be missing something. (Also mild spoilers) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  14. Sir Moneybags XII

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Myrdin said:
    Hey guys.

After applying the fix and Birger Jarl update, the peace finally started counting down. Finally the game started to move again. Thanks !

Where can I find more info on this update? This sounds like it may fix my game. Does it also display war declaration messages when you are attacked (AI on AI war declarations still show up in my game).

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, although is it save game compatible?
  15. Sir Moneybags XII

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

This is going to be a long one but after trying other sources I could not find either a fix or a workaround. (TL;DR at bottom)

I am currently at day 159 and I have been enjoying this mod immensely. At least I was until roughly day 100, when I realised something horrible. At first I thought I was just being too ambitious, starting my faction very early on but then it hit me. It wasn't just that I was at war with 4 factions who hadn't even announced their war declarations (literally the warning I got for being at war was their army turning up at my town with no message), but I was the only faction in the game at war and had been for roughly 20 days. So I mustered my best men and dug in and by God did we win some fantastic victories. Soon it turned out that I had the upper hand in every war, slaughtering their armies with waves of verterun black orcs and gorols.

The Dwarves and the Empire eventually sued for peace, only to break their truces within a week or two. This happened so regularly that I decided to take the upper hand and break the peaces before they could by freeing orc warboss' (I am my own faction called ' DA WAAAGH!' ) in their captivity, in the hopes that when the orcs fell their warboss' would defect to me. Fighting 4 factions engaged on a single fronted war isn't just difficult because they can attack you with all of their lords. It is nearly impossible because every lord has 100-300 men and most of them are elite since no one is raiding their villages. This means that I usually get raided by 700-1000 man armies twice a week. Unfortunately a new problem has arisen, now no one is accepting peace, even if I have their king surrounded and outnumbered with his armies defeated twice in a row. This means I am now constantly at war with no more 1-2 week intervals. I can't recruit peasants fast enough to bolster the numbers (they rank up really quickly) and now I am slowly dying, with 200k in my pocket unable to spend it on anything. Are there any bug fixes for any of these problems?

Later I said:

It seems I may have found the reason for total peace. Here is a picture of Chaos at day 117
    IgG6R4r.jpg
    and here is a picture at day 160
    OCnZs8e.jpg
    . Notice how in 43 days, only 8 days have passed for the truces. To make things stranger the goblin truces have aged 0 days in 43 game days (correction, I was looking at wrong save, they have aged 8 days like everyone else). It seems no one is at war because everyone has a truce with each other which won't expire. Also I installed the bug fix patch when I got this mod.

With these problems I cannot play as an independent Orc faction as stated here:

I could fight 4 factions pretty easily if the game worked normally however as I said earlier, this truce bug is making the game unplayable, especially since every party now has elite units. For example Kurt Helborg, who used to be my hilariously terrible nemesis, would turn up with 30 peasants and try to raid me. Now when he tries to raid me, he arrives with 120 men in his army, backed up by at least 3 other lords in his faction and most of the time an entire other factions army will assist him. So in effect the 2 reasons why this game is nearly impossible is because truces don't expire therefore every faction who would have some reason to fight you, will. This is made worse by the second cause which is other factions breaking truces with you whenever it pleases them, and no message appearing makes it very hard to prepare against invaders. All in all it means that I will have 4 factions attacking me by myself for at least 150 more days with no hope of a stable peace. I also have never taken an Empire fief even though the war is apparently heavily in my favour.

TL;DR, 150 days of war against 4 factions who only have myself as their enemy is making this game impossible. Also I have no idea how to make images smaller on this forum so I just made them spoilers.
Back
Top Bottom