Recent content by shiidii

1. shiidii

.890 Loading Times

I've noticed bad loading times also, it doesn't have much relation to what settings I'm using. The main killer is loading the Castles, if I want to do a seige, the loading time is enough to goto the kitchen and make myself a sandwhich.
  2. shiidii

Feeling very motivated to Model and Texture for this game, but...

Yeah, it seems that exporting and building off existing models/textures is far easier and more fail safe as opposed to building from scratch.
    But yeah, I intend to keep model/texture resolution at the same quality as Native. Usually detailed textures in mods bog down my CPU as well, and it's usually not about resolution, but how well the textures are made. Native's textures are the nicest ones out there, but they aren't large textures.
  3. shiidii

Alrighty thanks! I assumed that .751 and .8 were not compatible. Somewhere I read that Armagan rewrote a lot of the structure of the game, and it would render it non-backwards compatible.
    So textures are just different in the way that they are just different image files? Or is it more complex?
  4. shiidii

Since I got into this game I've had serious cravings to model and texture for this game. Ultimately I want to make a fantasy themed mod that is very much on the gothic side. A macabre visual make-over that will be all shades of dark. I just love the visual stylings of many medievil gothic...
  5. shiidii

Please update the Website (Proposition to enhance M&B in Real-Life)

It's understandable for them to take their time on 0.8, but to have screenshots of 0.8 and have 0.751 up for download is false advertising  :smile:
  6. shiidii

Please update the Website (Proposition to enhance M&B in Real-Life)

Yeah, I really would say that 0.805 is stable enough for a public release. One thing that gets to me is when screenshots do not represent the product you are buying, and this is happening at the moment on the MnB website.
  7. shiidii

Violence Kicks Ass (Suggestions for making combat more fun)

I like the idea of a stamina damage system, but I'm not too fussed if we stick with the hit points. What I've always thought about would be to have wounds that affect your movement in gameplay. If someone gets hit in the leg, they limp. There are obvious reasons why this is unpopular. I would love to make my enemies limp, but it would be really annoying to have it happen to the first player.
  8. shiidii

I CANT USE THAT ITEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:O

Yeah there's nothing wrong with their dialog, just remove the All Caps. My mind is conditioned to think that All Caps are interpreted as SHOUTING. My mum has a habit of sending emails in All Caps, she has no idea why it bothers me.
  9. shiidii

More blocking!

There was a topic not long ago with someone crying about the AI blocking too much. I really think that the AI blocking is FINE.
  10. shiidii

Some of the COOLEST new features! +1

I discovered the shield sandwich technique today and came here to share the wisdom... I was beaten :sad:
    At least now with a shield sandwich, archers and crossbowmen are actually possible to fight against.
  11. shiidii

I CANT USE THAT ITEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:O

I thought this would be picked up long ago, but it's still included with every version. Several warnings and exclamations are typed in capitals and followed with a string of exclamation marks. The messages sound really aggressive and inappropriate, especially when giving weapons to a companion...
  12. shiidii

Scene titles

I didn't have either in mind.
    I was in a rush when I made this topic and I didn't have time to explain further.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fNiWaYtXk
    Ok, see when he warps, a title will come up on the screen, but this title comes up everytime he enters a new area (around 1:35). It's just an overlay on top of the action, I think the title lasts a little too long in this game and should only last 1-2 seconds in MnB.
    It doesn't affect gameplay or anything, but it's just a nice cinematic touch to make the game more professional. I can imagine this coming in handy when the towns become more meaningful and the taverns have names again like "The Wild Boar"
  13. shiidii

Swinging doors

I noticed while exploring the villages for chests, if you get stuck on one side of a fence with a door, you can't pass through. I'm not suggesting door animations for all doors, only the ones that block areas of the scene, and swinging doors for interior scenes. This could be handy for modders...
  14. shiidii

Scene titles

I was playing Zelda and it gave me an idea, how about when a player enters a scene, the Name of the scene comes up in a box for a second or two. If you have played Zelda you would know what I mean. This would be good for any Non-Battle scenes and would look quite fancy.
  15. shiidii

v.802 Bugs

The only bug that I have experienced is the Disappearing party bug. Unfortunately it happened after a decent battle and I saved before I realised everyone was gone.  :sad:
Back
Top Bottom