Recent content by Shatti

1. Shatti

Top 10 Mount and Blade Warband Mods

Sharing the top 10 Warband Mods
  2. Shatti

Balance Patch: design insights + full changelog

Honestly not really something we are planning to do sorry.

thankyou for sharing that with me, an answer is all what i need
    good luck anyway,,, (y)?
  3. Shatti

Balance Patch: design insights + full changelog

what about the request for giving spears swings when u drop ur shield ?
    what's ur vision of that if i may ask ?
  4. Shatti

Let's talk about the spears.

+1

The wat to fix spears in bannerlord is easy: Make them swing!

+1
  5. Shatti

All right, so who asked deaths to be removed from the score board?

my faith in bannerlord went from 10% to 5%
    everything feels off from gameplay to class system even the colors sucks
    Warband mp is much better, will keep playing that.
  6. Shatti

Bannerlord stalemate is ridiculous

hi everyone, i bet that half of you here (including the developers) have their life changed a lot since bannerlord announcement. people got new jobs, gradated from college, got married, became fathers and maybe became busy in their life or even died. and it's still a stalemate in bannerlord...
  7. Shatti

W+W for cav. Bumps and damage from horses with 0 speed, and slooooow inf spears

We all know your skills with spears in the game and you have my respects. However, in my humble opinion not all 2h spears in Bannerlord should be able to perform side swings like in warband, let me explain.

The problem lies in which animation is conducive to manoeuvrability by weapon length. In Bannerlord we have that most of the spears have a longer length if we compare them with warband.

Here are three weapons that we know well.

9Ak-4.jpg

In the first image, the spear is short enough to favour the kind of side swings we find in warband that resemble Filipino-style spear/staff fighting and other Asian arts. Therefore, transferring that performance to Bannerlord as long as the weapon size/use ratio is kept, I see it as plausible.

When the spear exceeds the aforementioned lengths, we are no longer strictly speaking about spears, but about polearms (not the poleaxe/axes variant). The use of the awlpike in warband is that even though the dimensions are not much bigger than the short spear. Therefore, in my opinion this type of weapon should not be able to perform lateral swings and should rely on overhead, from below or depending on the weapon (menavlion) stabbing animations with vertical swings from top to bottom. Also, given that we wouldn't have horizontal swings, I would favour those stabs with a repositioning of the weapon after releasing the blow (discussed here).

And finally there are the glaives. They certainly have to be able to swing, it is obvious according to their typology. The problem (in my eyes) in Bannerlord is that these weapons are too long (see Khuzait units), I would personally reduce them to warband's small ones sizes and for horseback a I would penalise its use with a manoeuvrability restriction (swing arcs) as I commented here.

In short, a revision of the weapon usage/animation allowed in weapon:
    • 1H spears like in Warband
    • 2H short spears like in Warband. Small dimensions to allow a fast lateral swing in a plausible way.
    • 2H long spears without horizontal swing, only overhead stabs and stabs from below (*experimental optional - handle grip extensible).
      • 2H special cutting spears/polearms menavlion type, only stabs overhead, from below and vertical swing cut (bracing in longer ones). Manoeuvrability penalty. I commented about it here.
    • 2h glaives, as in warband but with size reduction for mounted unit versions.

Menavlions on horseback, never.

I Totally agree with this, it gives options and variation to the game just like warband.
    In fact, in a past thread i was talking about bringing back the shorter “medium length spears” to the classes after they changed them to long slow spears. and give these shorter spears the swinging mechanic while keeping the longer spear also as an option.
    the players can choose between the combat “warspear” and the long “anticav” spear.

But sadly, taleworlds and most of the forum users want spears to thrust horses, and thats it...
    Its very very sad,,
    Yes, the sad part that it’s not about spears only,
    u come to the forums and u see people start to talk about removing throwing weapons from a class, or restricting this class from riding a horse. Or give an idea to remove a mechanic just for balance.
    Its stupidly overwhelming, so i don’t participate a lot in the forum discussions,
    I just say WTF and leave
    the spear discussions keeps attracting me though

Edit: also thankyou for ur kind words at the biginning ;p
  8. Shatti

The issue is devs implement about 10% of the feedback. It's not "fun" for a weapon to be the best choice for all engagements and incredibly easy to use with no punishment, at either the top level or the casual, so it needed a nerf, as you say, but it also needed other tweaks. Some can be taken from Warband (such as ability to side swing, the more binary nature of rearing cav, and the mini-stun upon block), some can be new.

We never see these more ambitious overhauls unfortunately, presumably due to lack of time on the dev's part, or lack of intent.
    i agree with u, spears from warband is the way to go
    i was talking to the people who suggests all the restrictions & the un-immersive rules
  9. Shatti

First point:
    I’m sorry, but tournament elite players should’ve gave a “fair” feedback for spears balancing instead of using the word nerf nerf & nerf...
    I don’t blame u guys, it was a fair nerf but it was lacking an overall feedback.

Second point:
    The devs are 100% responsible for the current state of spears

Third point:
    I understand that there are players who sees spears on their perspective,
    As a support anti cav weapon (apparently the devs vision also)
    But u guys are thinking mechanically to keep that “perfect balance” that will never exist, instead of giving the player a variety of options to play the game and have fun. Weather by restricting the spears to have a proper combat mechanic or suggesting that only cav class should ride horses.
    None sense... and its killing the fun from the game.

Fourth point:
    Sorry if i was aggressive, but i see people forget what makes the game fun, and jumping with tale worlds false vision of e-sporting the game for mp

Take my opinion with salt, i want to have fun not winning dead tournaments
  10. Shatti

Bring back Spear combat

so, this is a sneaky way to show you my awful video that i have made yesterday :fruity: but, yeah it shows how fun spears and how much i loved warband satisfying spear combat #spearslifematters #warbandcombat #customizationmatters #roleplayingmatters anyway, have fun watching, i'm not top...
  11. Shatti

Shatti "SpearMaster" II

hi, i want to share my awesome skills :iamamoron: shatti "spearmaster" part II video
  12. Shatti

How old are you, and how much you love this game?

Very interesting... thanks for sharing guys
  13. Shatti

How old are you, and how much you love this game?

I have a question and i’m serious
    Is being +50 affect ur gaming skill negatively
    Reflexes and being focused
    To put it plainly, are u r dueling skills going down when u r approaching ur 50s and 60s
    I assume 50 is not that old but 60 is where the real rust begins
  14. Shatti

Last Resort for Multiplayer

-These players wants weapons removed (throwing spears)
    -they Killed spear combat because they didn’t gave good feedback
    -they help balancing because they are skilled, but in the same time they kill the fun aspects of the game

its time to take the whole community feedback,
    Skirmishes and battles are not for clan wars only
  15. Shatti

A thread for veterans

I doubt that. As much as the devs insist that "the game isn't released yet", it's already been released to the public, and there definitely won't be as many new people buying the game when 1.0 drops as when EA first started.

I have a bad argument, but why not
    I will share my bad thought XD

total war three kingdoms is supposed to be a historical total war title with records mod (classic mod) available for veterans.
    But most players got exited for romance
    (1 vs 1000 man heroes).
    So the idea is,
    new things that are silly and bad from my perspective could appeal to huge portion of new people.
    Tale worlds have badges and maybe a few stuff like reskins under their sleeves
    this silliness could appeal to a huge portion of people.
    So yes, i think there is a chance that we will get shocked ? and learn that people are really a WTF creatures
    The opposite scenario is also highly possible, that MP will fail, who knows ?!
Back
Top Bottom