Recent content by RR_Raptor65

1. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Yeah. 
    I was convinced Marcus' former Legion was going to come to his rescue too, kind of made the entire opening sequence pointless when they didn't too.  Instead we get some ersatz Legionarii with Segmentatae which looked like they were chipped right of of Trajan's Column.
  2. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

SPQR said:
    Nice job Raptor.

Did ya see "The Eagle" yet?

Yeah, I saw it.  It was garbage.  Centurion was less garbage but still not what it could have been.

If you were planning on seeing The Eagle, I'd just wait for someone to upload the opening sequence on Youtube because that's the only part worth seeing.
    In fact, you could probably pretend the movie ends right there when the chariot hits him.
    ^ Movie spoiler, not a Ghost Soldiers update. ^
  3. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Made scabbards for the Gladii, it was a real pain.

GladiusScabbard.jpg

Still haven't gotten the vertex animation to work for whatever reason.  It works fine in OpenBRF but decides to ignore me in the game.
  4. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Yeah, the clipping was even worse with these shields as you might imagine.
  5. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

I managed to get a hold of a very very large heightmap of Britain.

Click for a bigger version.

This will go a long way toward making a very accurate and detailed map.

On top of that I did some more editing of the cavalry animations, they now carry their lances outstretched instead of couched and shields are now held at the side rather than the front to the shield doesn't clip through the neck of the horse.
    screenshot07k.jpg
    screenshot06u.jpg
    screenshot05u.jpg
    screenshot08.jpg
  6. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Finished another Roman shield, this time a Clipeus.  I also remembered I had a second Scutum I never finished so I guess I'll finish that next.

Clipeus.jpg

And a WIP of an ornate Celtic sword, these things take a lot of time to model, I'll only be making two.

CeltAnthroSword_WIP.jpg
  7. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

I'd like to keep Ghost Soldiers content in the mod to make it visually unique amongst the other Roman period mods.

Of course I am more than willing to offer guidance and support to other mods in making their own resources themselves.
  8. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

And now they're done:
    Celtic_Swords.jpg

I'll start modelling the other two in a little bit.
  9. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Time to paint those swords, then I'll model two more. 
    May stop if the wind dies down so I can fire my Matchlock a little but with the way it usually is I'm probably going to be stuck indoors, I'm eager to see how well it handles 150 grains of powder and if my new shot cards will work better than the old ones.

http://www.livestream.com/ghostsoldiers?t=428929
  10. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Today's work:
    CelticSwordsWIP.jpg

Several high poly Celtic swords ready to be painted.

Oh, and don't bother with The Eagle, it's pretty much garbage and there's a lot of Lorica Anachronacum (My pet name for leather Segmentatae).  The opening sequence was entertaining, but I'm sure that will be on Youtube before long if not already.

I still say someone needs to make a Band of Brothers/The Pacific style series about the Gallic War, invasion of Britain or even the Third Macedonian War.  Movies like The Eagle are like only reading the first page of a very good book.
  11. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Currently doing some work, anyone who wants to watch stuff being made can do so here:
    http://www.livestream.com/ghostsoldiers?t=428929

Dunno how long I'll be working but I'll probably be doing the same thing tomorrow as well after I go blow something up.
  12. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Yeah, I wouldn't mind joining forces with other modders, but I only want to work on one mod at the moment and I'm kind of set on seeing Ghost Soldiers through (When I can find the time and motivation anyway).  I have the idea of what I want it to be clearly in my head and this would no doubt conflict with other mods.
    I expect others may feel the same about their mods as well.
  13. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

I didn't even realize Centurion was out, I'll have to get a copy.
    Guess that's what I get for living in the barrel of a musket for the past two months.
  14. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Still here, just haven't had the motivation to work on the mod.  Maybe when The Eagle comes out on February 11th that will give me some inspiration.
Back
Top Bottom