Recent content by Rpground

1. Rpground

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

mirrorflame said:

1. Only if you keep them on horseback, just take away their horse or just keep it on them for sieges. Though a horse is really important for anyone as it increases their open field survivability by quite a bit.

2. It's honestly up to you. Personally, I give everyone sword and board as I like the balance of offense and defense. It's more if you want more damage or more survivability, again. Two handed weapon skill can get to the point where your companions (or you) will be one shotting your enemies, cutting through their ranks like butter. Or you can just give them all 1h blunt weapons and rake in some serious denarii. Your call, no companion's skills are set in stone. Though their stats will always be the same when you first recruit them.

3. They are more skilled in weapons then others, but they all increase will usage. So Fred for instance in more killed with 2H weapons and crossbows...but nothing is stopping you from slapping a sword and board or a bow with a bucket of arrows and say "You're this now." They'll get better at it, I'm currently building Leslie as an Archer for a change instead of medic. She's starting to rack up quite the kill count in battles now.
  2. Rpground

Is there a way to revert the polearm animations back to the original ones? The over head swing, which is now an extremely unnatural overhead stab (how you twist your wrist like that and not break it or do any damage is beyond me), is extremely annoying and hard to distinguish from the normal thrust. As the attack does not actually ACT like a thrust and still registers as an overhead swing. Making speed bonuses completely impossible to understand for that type of attack.

As of now, this type of attack can have someone right on top of you and barely even touch you with the overhead stab and you recoil from a large amount of damage...even though an actual thrust would just simply bounce off of your armor and/or do very little damage while suffering no recoil.

EDIT: Also, if possible, a way to change the current menus, or I guess I mean font, to the old ones. For some odd reason a few numbers when applying points to abilities like Ironflesh or Leadership are extremely difficult to read for me. Though I'm not sure if that is a problem just for me, IE my resolution, or if others are experiencing that as well.

Thanks in advance.
  3. Rpground

UllrVetr Bow

Ralyks18 said:
    Rpground said:
    Ralyks18 said:
    Rpground said:
    Ralyks18 said:
    placenik said:
    Burzum said:
    I've had Wolfbode defeated by npc's in my game twice and once I joined the battle and I still have the bow. Actually annoyed it doesn't disappear as it feels too strong for the game progress I've made in 223 days.
    Bow is actually not that good. By day 223 you should have at least few nice Noldor Bows...

Its better overall than the Noldor Composite Bow. Ill compare stats here (green for best one, red for worse):
                    Ullrvetr    Noldor
    Damage      39p        32p
    Accuracy    89        95
    Difficulty      7          6
    Speed          97        94
    Range          85        92
    Price          3432      4001

The 7 extra damage with the extra attackspeed is more worth (imo) than the extra accuracy. I was surprised to see the Ullrvetr bow is cheaper than the Noldor Composite Bow.
    [/spoiller]

I disagree, as Duskfall is my end game bow, accuracy is way better then just a few points of damage. Headshots do so much damage you want to be aiming for those almost every time, you can accomplish more with just a noldor bow then the god bow.
    Its just a matter of playstyles. With high proficiencies, that accuracy difference is less noticeable and its just a matter of dpsing the enemy. When im kitting enemies i dont go and aim for their heads, as if they are moving, its easier to miss, just throw deadly arrows where there are more enemies, this way you'll secure the shot landing. But that aside....
    How do you feel of the new D'Shar bows and arrows (Hornbow and Ghazi Arrows respectively), i feel now that the Ravenstern no longer holds the hegemony with the bow. Their arrows are way better (over double the extra damage).
    Again, since I go for headshots I like a nice balance of ammo capacity and damage. I usually end up using just normal +1 arrows until I get to the Noldor Arrows. I'm not sure what new arrows there are yet as I am just starting a new game since I realized there was a new update to the game. So I would have to come back to you and specifics, if you so desire.
    ... wtf? Im not comparing bows for personal use, as some will even pick one that looks visually cool but sucks in stats, others will prefer attackspeed over range, others damage over precision, etc. Im comparing them for IA's use, the Ghazi Marksman vs the Ravenstern Ranger (that had the ranged hegemony (i said this already, idk why im repeating) up till this last patch).

I feel the Ghazi will beat 1v1 the Ranger ranged wise. Melee wise id bet the other way round.
    Ohh, my bad...thought you were still comparing arrows/bows and stats for the player. My bad. Yeah, it feels weird that the Ravenstern have such competition when it comes to ranged combat...

Then again, before the D'shar were kings of ground combat before the overhaul. Scorpion Assassins anyone? So much for the Huscarl being the best melee ground unit. They were more armored, but assassins cut through them like butter...
  4. Rpground

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

I must say, since I last played, the extent to which things have improved is astronomical!

An in-game reference guide to troop trees which include stats and equipment, pathing on the map is no long...as questionable as it once was, seems to somehow run smoother, you even fixed the ugly looking rune axe! It's no longer just a raider axe, it's a badass looking axe with actual runes engraved on it...makes me wonder if they actually mean anything or if you did it just for decoration. Textures in general just look amazing.

The improvements are honestly to many to list, excellent job to everyone on the PoP team. Keep up the great work.
  5. Rpground

UllrVetr Bow

Ralyks18 said:
    Rpground said:
    Ralyks18 said:
    placenik said:
    Burzum said:
    I've had Wolfbode defeated by npc's in my game twice and once I joined the battle and I still have the bow. Actually annoyed it doesn't disappear as it feels too strong for the game progress I've made in 223 days.
    Bow is actually not that good. By day 223 you should have at least few nice Noldor Bows...

Its better overall than the Noldor Composite Bow. Ill compare stats here (green for best one, red for worse):
                    Ullrvetr    Noldor
    Accuracy    89        95

The 7 extra damage with the extra attackspeed is more worth (imo) than the extra accuracy. I was surprised to see the Ullrvetr bow is cheaper than the Noldor Composite Bow.
    [/spoiller]

I disagree, as Duskfall is my end game bow, accuracy is way better then just a few points of damage. Headshots do so much damage you want to be aiming for those almost every time, you can accomplish more with just a noldor bow then the god bow.
    Its just a matter of playstyles. With high proficiencies, that accuracy difference is less noticeable and its just a matter of dpsing the enemy. When im kitting enemies i dont go and aim for their heads, as if they are moving, its easier to miss, just throw deadly arrows where there are more enemies, this way you'll secure the shot landing. But that aside....
    How do you feel of the new D'Shar bows and arrows (Hornbow and Ghazi Arrows respectively), i feel now that the Ravenstern no longer holds the hegemony with the bow. Their arrows are way better (over double the extra damage).
    Again, since I go for headshots I like a nice balance of ammo capacity and damage. I usually end up using just normal +1 arrows until I get to the Noldor Arrows. I'm not sure what new arrows there are yet as I am just starting a new game since I realized there was a new update to the game. So I would have to come back to you and specifics, if you so desire.
  6. Rpground

Is there ever a point where attacking caravans isn't considered a dishonorable act?
  7. Rpground

UllrVetr Bow

Ralyks18 said:
    placenik said:
    Burzum said:

Ullrvetr    Noldor
    Accuracy    89        95

8. Rpground

MitchyMatt said:
    We obviously can't always provide the extremely small changes that happened over the course of a year of development. 

Sometimes you just got to deal with what you're fed and play the mod. We make changes based on what we think needed change.

Like people are so worried what changed when we changed some cheats, like relax, we know people cheat and wouldn't remove the ones from previous  versions.

If it's impossible for one to play the mod without knowing if an item got a plus one stat boost, well I don't know what to tell ya.

I don't expect every detail to be in-depth, most are fairly straight forward. It's just some of the bigger ones that would be nice to know exactly what it is. Like troop rebalancing is a fairly significant change, hell D'shar got a complete overhaul! Some extra information would be nice to get on those issues.

Though I understand if it would be too much extra work, after all this isn't something you guys get paid for and is done in your spare time.

Though maybe you can answer a small question regarding at least one point, as it is minor and doesn't go into troop trees/stats/whatever.

"-New and reworked weapons"

Now reworked, would that include texture/models as well? If so, was the Ruby Rune Axe changed to a more...less ugly model? Raider Axe model just didn't/doesn't do a weapon like that justice.
  9. Rpground

Kithlan said:
    Forgive me if I've missed a previously answered question, but is there a way to speed up improvement construction in 3.8 through a manual tweak?

Rpground said:
    Is there a more detailed breakdown of the changes in the updates?

I like a little more meat to my changelog then a very brief "Shiny has become shinier". Like, what's been nerfed/buffed and how. Or exactly what bugs were fixed and what the bug was/did.

I see a lot of rebalances since I last played and would love to see what they are and how they were applied.
    No, there are not. You'd have to manually check and compare versions of the troops that have been changed to see. This is according to I believe MitchyMatt, from the release thread.

That is extremely annoying and highly inconvenient for everyone...you would think that information would be readily at hand in case of bugs so it's to reference too...but if that's truly the case, I would rather have this confirmed, then I guess that's it then. Just gonna have to deal with it.
  10. Rpground

UllrVetr Bow

Honestly, the bow has ALWAYS has spaghetti code. Sometimes it leaves, sometimes not. Sometimes it doesn't even appear even though Wolfy has been stomping the past 500 days only for the bow to appear AFTER you kick his ass...thus completely defeating the point...sometimes the god bow likes to duplicate itself upon gifting itself to you resulting in TWO bows. Which is hilarious.

I'm just waiting for the day the thing glitches so bad it turns itself into a ranged melee weapon...
  11. Rpground

Is there a more detailed breakdown of the changes in the updates?

I like a little more meat to my changelog then a very brief "Shiny has become shinier". Like, what's been nerfed/buffed and how. Or exactly what bugs were fixed and what the bug was/did.

I see a lot of rebalances since I last played and would love to see what they are and how they were applied.
  12. Rpground

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

And another 500+ hours it is to PoP, haha!

Awesome looking update as always, thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this mod.

Can't wait to sink my teeth into this again.
  13. Rpground

Is there a unique spawn to the vanskery raiders now?
  14. Rpground

If Qualis gems were buyable... what do you think would be a fair price?

Alavaria said:
    It's not really that hard to get enough gems...
    mb1121.jpg

Though if purchaseable for cash that would probably be a super-fast grind path for the tournament grinders.

Yeah, it's not that it's super hard or anything...just based on chance really. By the time you get the first two an easy army usually spawns and makes the 3rd a snap...I also like efficiency, a lot, so I spent days at first writing down how I would spend my gems...
  15. Rpground

Prophesy of Pendor 3.7 ** Pre-Release discussion **

I have my vaseline ready!  :grin:
Back
Top Bottom