Recent content by River Twain

1. blacksmithing

I really just want to smith lamellar armor.
  2. Want to remove some 'crafted weapons' from data.

I got one of my crafted junk weapons as a tournament reward. :sad:
  3. Did You Know that the Main Quest Can 'Time Out'? I think this should be changed.

I got married at 35 to a lady about 10 years younger, so either I got lucky or the age limit is random. More likely other factors in play like charm?

If you were 36, I'd be surprised, but the mechanic I heard was that 35 was the limit, so it sounds like you just barely made it in time. I haven't heard anything to suggest the age of the woman matters.
  4. Did You Know that the Main Quest Can 'Time Out'? I think this should be changed.

I failed one attempt but now I'm blocked from ALL noble women ? makes no sense.

You're too old. After a certain age, I believe 35, you're too old to get married and can no longer initiate the process.
  5. blacksmithing

It's the number one annoyance, but I wouldn't call it the number one problem. The whole system is clunky and full of exploits :
    - Unlocks are random and dependent on xp gained. It's probably impossible to get them all.
    - Refining is generally of little use, since you can get metal from drops and bought underpriced weapons. If you try to use it, you get out of hardwood fast and you have to spend hours watching the "waiting" screen.
    - XP is based on item price, itself based on DPS.
    - If you get some high-level unlock and you can get your hands on the metal, you can craft it for tons of xp and gold, even if you lack 100+ points of skill...
    - You can also use it to powerlevel your companions.
    - Some high-end items (Pugios, Southern throwing daggers) are sold FAR below material cost. While anything low-tier that does high cut damage is highly priced.
    - You can get rich as hell just converting such things.
    - In the end, the weapons you turn out are not really that much better, even with perks...
    - Bonuses/maluses are not frankly significant.

In the end, the smithing system mostly offers two things : Some customization of looks and a money exploit. The forced waiting is like the cherry on top...

Everything you said is true, but it's mostly a matter of balancing some numbers. Stamina is broken as a concept and needs to be reworked. I think the devs will eventually fix all the values, as this can't be their intended result. It's not clear to me that they are aware of how poor the entire system of stamina is. It is essentially working as intended, it's just the intention that's wrong.
  6. blacksmithing

Stamina is the number one problem. There just aren't many reasons to spend time resting otherwise, so doing any serious smithing requires an absurd amount of time wasted just resting in cities.

- Allow stamina to regenerate over any passing of time, including travelling on the map.
    or
    - Remove stamina cost from refining and smelting. I could live with the current system if it were only for forging.

I did 240 smithing in one playthrough the natural way, and it almost cost me the game as so much time went by I was very unprepared when Istania's conspiracy launched. I did another playthrough to 330 with stamina disabled via a mod, and it was much more fun, but obviously broken in many ways. It might not be an issue if other aspects of smithing were fixed.
  7. Steppe Bandits

Wait until you have a Kingdom to form companion parties. They stay much more local if there is territory to defend, and won't wander off.

Obviously doesn't address any balance issues with steppe bandits, but it solves the practical issue. Pre-Kingdom you really want caravans more anyway, which are a little better at outrunning steppe bandits when they end up in that area.
  8. Trading 225 kills the game

I believe in release it will be very expensive to buy fiefs outright and this perk will serve mostly to exchange them. But currently it's not a priority issue. If someone feel like this is too overpowered - just don't use it. Same goes for many things, like broken smithing, for example.

Which is exactly what I'm doing. I started a new game, with a self imposed condition to not buy any fiefs. It's annoying to do that though, and while of course it's not an emergency issue, it is important that the devs are aware of how broken it is. You have greater faith that upon release this will have been changed.

Change it today? No need. Eventually though, this needs to change. Hence the feedback post. :razz:
  9. Trading 225 kills the game

I've had a lot of fun playing. I spent quite a while building up my finances, then pushed my own kingdom. I was enjoying slowly expanding, making a push and then buying my way to peace for a chance to restock and prepare for another push. Slowly I expanded, but it didn't feel easy. Then I...
Back
Top Bottom