Recent content by Rieus The Mower

1. Why does TW hate Vlandians?

Pic related, which already exists in the game and just needs to be used, is a plenty cool aesthetic that fits the time period.
    Mount_and_Blade_II_Bannerlords_604x423.jpg
    Wait this isn't in the singleplayer? Not available to be bought and worn by the player? It is a customization option in multiplayer for the Vlandian Knight.

Do troops of the same unit also spawn with slight variations in equipment on the battlefield like they did in Warband? I haven't noticed it in Bannerlord.
  2. Battanian Veteran Falxman is a DOWNGRADE, it is completely outclassed by the normal Falxman

Well that's another discussion entirely. A lot of weapons are shrouded in mystery and myths. There will be others that will have slipped into the game that may or may not have ever existed in that form. It's also okay because while the game's factions and their equipment are based on real groups in the end they are fiction.

It's important however that everything functions as intended. The Veteran Falxmen have been a really annoyance in my playthrough. I accidentally left all my Falxmen in my town and they were all upgraded to Veterans. I don't upgrade my Falxmen but that means they still XP from other units. I'd really wish for the Veteran Falxmen to be a real upgrade, then this wouldn't be such a headache.
  3. MP Please add a non-silly hat for the Sturgian Berserker

Sturgian Berserkers used to wear bear pelts on their heads by default but at one point it was changed. Now this wouldn't be a problem if the bear pelt was still accesible through customization but it isn't. Instead we only have variations on the same hat and a silly leather cap. I know Sturgia...
  4. Releasing all the Mod Tools=Tens of thousands of $$ in profit

I agree about the mods but multiplayer is not dead at all. I'm playing it almost every day.

I do miss some of the custom multiplayer maps from Warband. Helm's Deep and the Hot Gates were amazing.
  5. Battanian Veteran Falxman is a DOWNGRADE, it is completely outclassed by the normal Falxman

I'd even be happy if Rhomphaia was straight up removed from the troop trees. It isn't a historically accurate weapon anyway, though it bears some similarity to real weapons - the whole concept of a rhomphaia as a polearm is borne of a modern mistranslation of Byzantine texts about the Varangian Guard which were actually referring to axes.

Plus the Veteran Falxman isn't called the Veteran Rhomphaiaman. Just give em a falx!
    From what I've read the Rhompaia was used by the Thracians and was basically a slightly longer Falx (which was used by the Dacians) on a quite long handle. But the blade was still larger than the handle.

Basically the Rhompaia weapon from multiplayer, but very far from mini-falx on a very long stick that is the RhompaLa from singleplayer (I guess that's why they changed one letter).

In my opinion the polearm also looks quite silly.
  6. Battanian Veteran Falxman is a DOWNGRADE, it is completely outclassed by the normal Falxman

no, if you micro them well vet falxmen are far superior, especially against trapped cav
    The issue is that in the current battle order system you can't micro them.
    Honestly even with incredible micro managing they often if not most of the cases perform worse than normal falxmen. All that micromanaging is also going to drain your focus and make you perform worse in managing the rest of your army.
  7. Battanian Veteran Falxman is a DOWNGRADE, it is completely outclassed by the normal Falxman

It's not just the throwing weapons, you can test with hold fire and they will still lose to regular Falx if you do line charge vs. line charge. But the unit would be better without throwing weapons at all.

If you do loose line charge vs. line charge, the Vet Falx wins(on hold fire).

Honestly the best solution would be to give the weapon to a new upgrade because the current Rhompala polearm completely changes the unit and in most case for the worse. Normal Falxmen are incredible units, but veterans are incredibly clumsy.

And I can confirm that disabling throw helps considerably but they still perform worse in most scenarios.
  8. Battanian Veteran Falxman is a DOWNGRADE, it is completely outclassed by the normal Falxman

Veteran falxmen need special handling, so they are unusable with the current battle order system.
    They don't have room to swing their rhomphilia in shieldwall or line formation. If you are able to isolate Vet Falxman in loose formation, protect them from arrows, and engage them into an enemy (especially stalled cav) they can be absolutely the most devastating unit in the game.
    It's true they can be devastating but I can guarantee you in 90% of the cases the normal Falxmen will be even more devastating :smile:
  9. Battanian Veteran Falxman is a DOWNGRADE, it is completely outclassed by the normal Falxman

Units don't exist in a vacuum. Polearms have worse performance in close quarters than shorter weapons.

I have a feeling you want a mix of both in units. (Just a feeling though, because non-fian Battanians are trash mobs)

I have tested in all sorts of scenarios versus all kinds of factions and they consistently perform worse. Maybe there is some very small niche for them but at the end of the day they are a bad upgrade of the normal Falxmen.

It's not true that non-Fian Battanians are trash. The normal Battanian Falxmen can defeat almost any other T5 unit in straight duels. They are incredibly strong if not shot down by archers.
  10. Beta e1.7.2 Troop & Equipment Changes

@Dejan could you guys look into reworking the weapons for the Battanian Veteran Falxman? There is something seriously wrong with that unit, I tested it extensively and they perform a lot worse than the normal Battanian Falxman. I think the polearm is to blame.

I made a thread here with more information and a nice table.

Thanks!
  11. Battanian Veteran Falxman is a DOWNGRADE, it is completely outclassed by the normal Falxman

EDIT: disabling ranged fire improved their performance a bit but they still get beaten by regular falxmen. I have noticed though that veterans have very strong openers (probably because of their long weapon) as in they will kill 10-30 men upon impact but then their performance drops...
  12. Login failed

Yes I'm using windows 7, is that it :eek:?
  13. Ehh refunded it.

Some people just want to complain, he can't tell you what's wrong with the controls because there is nothing wrong with them
Back
Top Bottom