Recent content by Retroromanic

1. Type of text

It's so heartwarming to see how people are nice on this board.
  2. What to do?

While looters are throwing a party somewhere? Six days into the game and not a single fight; met just one group of Deserters, who were able to run away. Wat do?
  3. Wandering around...

...and no looters? Maybe I missed the point (if it's so, I apologize - but where did it say I should've done that) and was expected to join the faction immediately; nevertheless, during the whole five days, I've encountered only two groups of looters. Game crashed on two occasions while I was...
  4. Bug Reports: 1.151

Sorry for asking the same question again, but I gotta make some plans  :grin: - are you gonna release a new version soon?
  5. Bug Reports: 1.151

xenoargh said:
    You're not supposed to ever have armies as big as the Lords' can get.  You need to learn to defeat superior numbers in the field.  I've beaten 2000+ enemies with a force of less than 300 in the field.

This does not sound right, as a premise.  :oops:

Anyway, when are we expecting delivery of the next version?
  6. Crashing...reason unknown

I never get crashes.  :neutral:
  7. Feature Requests

Losing a horse in a battle should make main char lose the horse. More careful planning required. ^_^

Also, as seen in some other mods, wounded horse could have reduced speed.
  8. Limit Surgery?

Cathedralsqaure said:
    It's attrition that does it.

Attrition? What attrition? This is not Europa Universalis.  :razz:
  9. Feature Requests

Is it possible to remove that generic start for every game, kill a bandit, talk to Merchant, recruit 5 people, report back, obliterate 4 robbers, then fight more of them... I have no idea why did I write all of it; maybe to point out how boring it is after 100th time?  :razz:

Or make it optional? (At char creation screen)
  10. Limit Surgery?

Yes, but it might screw up the balance. The current model requires us to fight as much as we can, let's say, for a month; that includes killing 3-4 bandit groups within an hour frame (of in-game time, hehe). If we change the rules like that all of a sudden, we'd have to increase both money/loot from encounters AND experience. Lots of tweaking, I'd guess.

Maybe we could try with that; a penalty for too many fights, but in return, make the battles give us more XP, gold, loot - and make them even harder.  :twisted: (I always play on "Mummy" and I still find it quite easy way too often.)

If it doesn't ask for too much of your time, code it and release as beta/test version, I guess there will  be some other volunteers and to give you feedback.
  11. Limit Surgery?

It's true - from my experience, I could call it a game-breaking feature the way it is, until I realized how enemy Lords have much easier time recruiting troops than I have; so it sorts of even it out. But that is definitely, definitely not a good solution; it evens out in the wrong way.

I can steamroll couple of bandit armies with my 100 soldiers against their hundreds and hundreds and lose couple of men only; or I could blitz an enemy faction.

There are lots of great solutions and someone mentioned stamina system recently. I believe this is hard-coded and that if we want to find a solution, while not having to wait for developers to have mercy, we have to think of something easier to implement and still elegant. From top of my mind: not being able to attack more than x number of times per y time period, otherwise a penalty z ensures.
  12. Endless Sieges?

Wu-long said:
    Retro only barbarians lose stats in near end game not your troops ha. besides this isnt a realistic mod just with features that are to enhance the gaming experience.

Uhh, what? I was trying to point out that it does not sound right to lose 10 units while killing 50 times more.
  13. Endless Sieges?

aceunknown said:
    but i finally whittled down the entire khergit army and imprisoned 5 lords. i think i only lost about 10 royal swordsmen.

Does it not show there is a problem with high-end units late-game? This does not sound "realistic".
  14. Bug Reports: 1.11

Damn said:
    where enemies aren't attacking your lands just to leave them the next day for the feast\lulz

There is a huge Swadian army right outside some Saranid town and I ask local Emir inside what is going on and he tells me there will be a nice feast in Shariz if eveyrthing goes by the plan. I lol'd. (Surely vanilla problem, not B&S.)
  15. Bug Reports: 1.11

Hi. Did not want to open a new topic just for some observation and since you are releasing a new version tomorrow, you won't mind. :smile:

From my experience (played 1.09 for days), enemy forces are not really tactically well aware. Since I love to spam Jez. Snipers, LOTS OF THEM, with basic infantry and cavalry support, what I usually do is try to achieve terrain advantage and wait for the enemy. What I love is when they try to organize themselves and don't give a damn about me. What I hate is when they just try to rush me - in waves; and that's what usually happens - cavalry first, not even waiting for other troops, so I stomp them wave by wave, quite easily. Did I not read sometime before that enemies will have checks at intervals at which they'll charge?

I'd expect that defending forces should try to defend their position as best as they can, since they are those who have been attacked and attacker then has to try to gain some advantage. I think attackers should be forced to attack, unless defenders think they have an advantage. Most of the time I am attacking on the main map and almost always it's me who is choosing where the actual battle will take place, which is not fair to the enemy.

What do you think about it?
Back
Top Bottom