Recent content by Regendur

1. Regendur

[Werewolf] Werewolf: Black Death - Daybreak Day 6 - Crypto-flagellants win!

ejnomad said:
    Regendur said:
    Ej, if you're so convinced, what's the reasoning?
    Well two things:

First one being I have been helping Whoopin put his game together and the mechanics of it before he opened it to the floor here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,317937.0.html and if he's borrowing Whoopin's mechanics they should work the same. Second being restricting the wolves to only kill in their rooms would be way toi ****ing unfair to the wolves. After two or three turns we would have them narrowed down just by roommates left alive from the first day kills. I don't see how that's fun or fair. Until I see otherwise this is the mechanic I'm expecting hence why until you asked me again I really have had no wish nor need to talk about mechanics since.
    That seems rather fragile evidence considering that Adaham is hosting and just using Whoopin's games as inspiration.

ejnomad said:
    I don't really care to respond to people who have OMGUS voted me. Lashing out is typical wolf tactic and I really don't feel like I need to cater to it.
    Well, at least you're clear about it.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
    Here's another thought for you. Perhaps I hit a LOT closer to home with my "look at rooms to find one scum per room" Weresistance theory. Perhaps I hit so close to home on the scum plans that they didn't want to give me the chance of testing, and possibly proving correct, my second hinted-at theory. They didn't know what it was, but they couldn't take the chance that I might be right again, so one of them acted to ensure that I wouldn't get a chance to test it.
    That was my original thought and one I still consider. I know it may be a red herring/smokescreen like Whoopin is accusing, but based on my gut I think it's more likely that someone saw an opportunity to **** with the theory-making, whether it be right or wrong, and took it. Probabilities of success and whatnot I think simply does not matter at all, at least not to us players, since that just leads to WIFOMville.

There's so much stuff to pick through in the thread, but I think I'm getting a better idea on who is on my LoS. It'll likely be vague and gut-driven, but at least it'll be something.

E: While I could see that Llandy has been coming up with various ways to essentially say "Don't kill me today" I don't think that's a good case on her. Suspicious yes, but not convincing.

E2: Will read Llandy's latest WoT later.
  2. Regendur

Eternal said:
    ejnomad said:
    Mafia can kill anyone in any room.
    What the hell? How does ejnomad know the specifics of who the Mafia can target? If he's basing off Whoopin's game, then that's blatantly wrong since the Zerg in that game could only kill someone if there was a villain in the same room.

If he's running off the OP, then this is the only thing I could find:

As your role PM's stated hopefully clearly (maybe I forgot in some instances), your abilities do only work within the room you're in.

which directly contradicts what ejnomad said.

You have a point. There's nothing to back up what he said other than past experiences or inside knowledge... Ej, if you're so convinced, what's the reasoning?

ejnomad said:
    Oh and wonderful glad to see Eternal got that OMGUS out of his system. Not really making me feel any better about him.

That... isn't a response. Unless you were just trying to subtly say you don't care to respond. I wish you would.

3. Regendur

@Velpulus: I still have no idea what you're saying. I tried. I well and truly tried, but all I got was that you "connected" to them but they didn't connect to you. Which somehow proves... something. ¿Qué?
  4. Regendur

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
    I know this wasn't aimed at me, but here's my tuppence: I'm not so sure that this was about keeping me from testing my theories. I already explained they were very hunchy and likely wrong. Hell, just look at my first theory. If they wanted to stop me, why not steal AW's knife then stab me with it? Or just keep trying to subtly push for a lynch, since I'm pretty sure there's an innocent or two who'd be willing to lynch me for my earlier crazy behaviour? Also, theft as a scum day-ability rather than night-ability? Unsure.
    I hadn't considered that it might be a red herring... damn. Given that the wording of the announcement was red, I am more inclined to believe it was a scum action, which would me even more wary of that knife. Then again, that's all based on the color Adagod chose to bold with, so I'm not willing to put too much weight to that theory.
  5. Regendur

Now that's a hell of an analysis. I tried to come with some questions but damn if you didn't cover them, Soot. I do wonder if you have an opinion of the Thief, though?

My thinking is that whoever is the Thief must have targeted Llandy just to intervene with her theories. It just makes the most sense. My questions are then these: was it just to put her off and delay her, or is she on to something?

E1: I'm not exactly fond of giving the knife to anyone who asks for it. The decision should be AWdeV's.

E2: holy stars that chart

Took me a while to figure what what the hell it meant. For anyone else confused, the timeline advances going downwards. Would ye kindly note that in the future? In any case, thanks.

6. Regendur

E: Still here, still reading. Was in fact writing a post at the moment.

AWdeV was not exactly immune to suspicion, as I've wondered about his early reveal as well. I just don't think it's enough (at least to me) to convict him because of how strange it was... I would reckon that it's real, at least just based on hunch. I still believe that it's a toss-up whether it's innocent or scum. His claim of the 24 game hours to pass condition seemed a bit odd, as that leaves it somewhat vague as to how it's passed. Is it during the day and has to be public or a day PM action? Or an "end of the night" action?

E2: Where did the two members a pack idea come from...?
  7. Regendur

In the interest of Xardob, I believe that his stance so far has been essentially "Ignore me, I know what I'm doing, I'll just be over here." I feel that's rather concerning and not very helpful. If he's trying to act suspiciously on purpose, there must be a reason why.

I'd like to focus on Moss' post, though. I tend to agree - Llandy's staying in a room by herself doesn't prove anything about the wolves' kill abilities. The only scenario I can think of that would prove anything is if Llandy was alone and got killed specifically by a wolf in the narrative. But if it were ambiguous and just "dead somehow" nothing would be proven and any value of that theory gone to waste.

Now about the accusation of Llandy being a converter, that seems more like speculation to me... but I must remember, this whole damn game is speculation. :razz:
    I don't think that we can rely too much on meta speculation, especially when it comes to analyzing the trailers. However, the idea is interesting and I will be considering it. I'll need to read through her posts to see if it adds up before I consider voting for sure.
  8. Regendur

Good gods, page 28. All the horrors of a Werewolf game come rushing back to me...

My sincere apologies for being absent the day I was meant to jump in, but I had family take me away for the day. I'm afraid since I've been gone so long that many of the "X acted like Y last game" were lost on me, so I've only got what we have here thus far. A few things stood out to me, though I do need a reread and analyze further. For one, AWdeV's reveal that he has a knife and desire to come up with a public consensus for what to do with it. While knowing it exists is somewhat helpful, I feel like it benefits the wolves more, especially on day one. I'm not sure what he has to gain from revealing it, villain or innocent, especially when wanting public advice. I'm suspicious.

...I planned on continuing, but goddamn you 5 am for ticking by. I'll continue later.
  9. Regendur

World of Tankcraft

Nay, the new accuracy does help with arty as well. I've heard people reporting that more shots hit in the center, even though the reticule is more spread out.
  10. Regendur

Rate the above forumite's avatar v. IV

Very well done transparency. Quite good quality. I do believe there's not much to be improved upon, so...

5/5.
  11. Regendur

Elis' PnP: Contact me RE: Day One sessions!

A pity, but I'm glad Pillock is able to join since he's interested. Best of luck to Nipplemelter!
  12. Regendur

Elis' PnP: Contact me RE: Day One sessions!

I blame the bookcase! I assign it a War Guilt Clause.
  13. Regendur

What caused you to be joyous on this day?

'Ello chums. I got a reason to peruse here again!
  14. Regendur

Fake/Fallow Contrivance: Day One (Fate PnP Game IC Thread)

Aomerj's eyebrows rise as the insulting white woman stands in front of him. "A fan of his, eh? Will ye go praying together at a church? Heathen I may be, but words are the least thing you should be worrying about."

Standing up straight and taking a strong stance, he stares into her eyes, his own eyes alight with intense focus. Without taking his eyes away from hers, he turns his head a little. "I've seen enough." With a twitch of his mouth into a smirk, he slides around the fuming lady and heads for the door. "Take care not to freeze tonight!" He says as he raises a hand in a parting wave.
Back
Top Bottom