Recent content by psfalk

1. Mercenary regiment won't leave a castle

I realize that this mod isn't as supported as the Warband version, but I thought I'd ask in case some one has also run into this and has a workaround.  Almost exactly like the OP, I have a merc regiment in a castle that won't leave so I can dismiss it.  Has anyone come across this?
  2. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

You do realize that the Rohan bows do cut damage while the Elven bows do pierce, right?  Against unarmored rubble, sure, the Rohan bows are better, but if you're going against a troll a cut bow is just going to tickle him.
  3. M&B ONLY -Prophesy of Pendor 3.x FOR M&B V 1.011 - Consolidated Bug Reports

Keinonen said:
    Also, some of the lord dialogues are out of place, for example, some Sarleonic lords talk like they would be Empire Lords.
    I noticed something similar to this too--I was a Fierdsvain vassal and had to find Valdis for a quest. I approached a fellow lord, and upon clicking the option to find the location of someone, he gave me the Sarleon lord list to choose from instead.  I believe it was (some Scand. name starting with R) the Bear I was talking to.
  4. Culture Specific Characters and Armies

Griefer, you are the man for putting these all together!  I tend to be one of those nerds who spends about as much time cruching the numbers for my strategy as much as actually playing--having all of the info already put together makes getting started in the most involved, hardest (and most fun!) mods a little easier.

Quick question: how does the player faction of Pendor stack up to the other cultures?  Beyond the obvious versatility advantage of all the order options, I'm curious how the rank and file troops match up.
  5. Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Will the Siege mod that adds extra ladders work with the new 3.0?  I believe all it needs to work are the original scenes from native.
  6. How do units with Trainer work?

It's my understanding that every unit with training contributes, but only for units under their level. So a duke can help train an earl up to a duke, but won't contribute to a duke training to be an archduke.  However, this is really the first mod I've played that had party skills for troops.  I'm not sure if the system checks for type slots when calculating that or individual units. Previously, the only units that had trainer were yourself and companions, all of which have their own troop type slot.
  7. Prophesy of Pendor 2.5 Bug Reports and Known Issues

Cmen30 said:
    MadVader said:
    You may have hit the 32-troop type limit (a known Native issue). If you count the troop types (including yourself and companions) in your party screen, and it's 32, you can't get more recruits of different types. Dismiss one or more stacks that you don't really need and try recruiting again.

Tis happend to me but instead of not letting me recruit more people the game crashes. Yay me  :razz:
    If your game crashes when you hit the 32 unit limit you most likely have a corrupt Native download.  Make sure you have the full download (381mb rather than 377), and this should be fixed.

Noosers:
    The only time I've ever had that issue was with scenes that were edited, specifically with L&R's siege overhaul.  I remember experiencing one castle like that when it first came out, but they fixed that one and re-released.  Which native castle uses the Stoutheart scene?  I don't remember the exact name, but the castle I had those issues with was an Vaegir one close to Khudan.  If it is the same castle, your siege pack may need updated.
  8. Merc's NPC Creation 101

ThunderClaw said:
    daumor said:
    But perhaps make them more expensive
    Not possible.  Weekly salary is indelably tied to level, and giving units high levels has a lot of other ramifications, including autocalc balance, strike priority in battle, et al.  To make cavalry prohibitively expensive for their current power, you would have to make their levels over 100, which would just overpower them in other ways.  Your suggestion has been vetted before on this very forum and it's been found wanting for scads of reasons.
    Cavalry are more expensive already--there is a multiplier for being mounted (to represent care for the horse) that makes those units more expensive than infantry units of the same level.  I believe most mods have this at 33-50% more.  Perhaps a simple modification to this multiplier (double?) would work?
  9. Knighthood Order's and their Orders of Magnitude in @#! Kickery

Haine said:
    You can permanently stop the spawn can't you? I'm in like day 300, I fought the sisters and released them, same with the Jatu, only hero spawn left on my map is one of the Nolder. Are they all suppose to respawn if you don't kill them or force them into permanent retirement?
    Unless you've killed them or forced them to retire, they can respawn--doesn't always mean they will, the RNG determines that.  Also, generic armies that don't have a leader with a lifebar (Jatu Army, Snake Cult Army) can always come back if the RNG allows--there can also be multiples of these on the map at once.
  10. Knighthood Order's and their Orders of Magnitude in @#! Kickery

Haine said:
    I'm thinking about getting the Raven Spear up and running, dunno.
    noosers said:
    Upgrading works globally, so don´t pump any order you´re likely to oppose otherwise you´ll end up on the recieving side.
    Be careful with upgrading those Raven Spears--one of the independent spawns goes by the name of Boris the Raven...I wonder what troops he uses?  :wink:
  11. Bug Reports and Known Bugs

Captured lords also will not show up in the award fiefs list--make sure they are free and not rotting in someone's dungeon.
  12. Your strategy questions answered.

Wellenbrecher said:
    Somewhat related to this, if you're besieged by a large force, not Katilus' or DKs, retreat to the courtyard, placing your archers/crossbowmen just a tiny bit in front of the place where your reinforcements spawn and your normal if nantry in front of them. Makes for an awesome last stand, will give your the opportunity to shoot heavy armoured enemies from the side* and.. well it just looks oh so awesome if there's arms and legs hanging down from the runways above** :lol:
    Anyhow, I found this to be quite effective for some reason. I tried the battle by holding the breach and I failed, thrice, in my fourth try I let myself fall back and collected the reinforcements and everyone surviving the onslaught on he walls around me and lo and behold.. I won. All three rounds it took to whittle their force away.
    Like so:
    1r9shd.jpg

*since they will only how you their shielded front if they're coming up the ladder
    ** can't find my screenshot of this, damn
    I prefer a slight alteration on this in tough seiges--instead of placing the infantry a few paces in front of the ranged troops, I put them at the base of the stairs leading down into the courtyard. This makes the attackers stack up the ladder as they attempt to attack your infantry, so your ranged troops can take pot-shots at them. Your infantry also won't block your archer's LOS.
  13. Specifics of Rune Weaponry

Haine said:
    Rune armor does sound awesome, I'd love to be able to equip some light weight armor with above average protection values.
    The armor you're looking for is Noldor armor--good luck getting them to give you some  :wink:
  14. Best mod - big thanks to the authors!

They've released a new version within the last couple months, with 20 factions or so.  It does play a little slower, but it speeds up once the small factions get eliminated.  Factions like Wales (two castles, 3 villages, and only 3 or 4 lords) get knocked out quick, while powers like England, France, and the HRE expand.  They've done a good job of representing the power balance.  Someone posted a screen pic a couple game-years in with only 5 or 6 factions remaining.
    The other neat thing they've figured out is how to limit war declarations to factions within a certain proximity.  No Irish-Seljuk wars  :smile:
  15. Any way to get heroes back after they leaving me ?

kwokboy said:
    cant find them, i asked traveler and it doesnt work
    It will take a little bit of time for them to respawn after having left your party.  Do a few other things and check back with the traveler after a bit.
Back
Top Bottom