Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

"Let me just check the soldier roster.."

Etc. Conversation hangs there after deposting soldiers and I need to exit the game.

This is a reported bug, but is there some way to force a conversation to exit? I dont care if I dont resources, I just want to put troops into other war groups or garrisons. Any help would be appreciated.

Toad, are you sure that you're having the newest version?
This problem (of 3.01) is fully fixed in the 3.1(2) version released for a while.
Be careful the earlier 3.1 is not really the full 3.1- it is changed to 3.01 now (unoffically) to be clear.

FunDude said:
This problem (of 3.01) is fully fixed in the 3.1(2) version released for a while.
Be careful the earlier 3.1 is not really the full 3.1- it is changed to 3.01 now (unoffically) to be clear.

3.01 never was called 3.1.

I played 3.1 for the first time last night. I've got to say, the music is especially awesome: very Wagnerian and Howard Shores-y. I found no need to mod the game with the films' soundtrack. Watching little orcsies come over the hill into a hail of Gondorian arrows to the roar of the music fulfills my bloodlust. Hopefully I'll have a nice complement of Ithilien rangers soon. I hope you guys port to Warband multiplayer at some point. I imagine the mod would be quite popular online.

MNB is fun again! I haven't played for a long time, and I came back just for this. :grin:

The mod definitely captures AncientWanker's vision. You guys done Tolkein proud. :smile:

Now if only I could get my main comp working, then I could enjoy some truly epic battles.

VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS MOD!

BUT.... only on the third day in I am no longer able to save anything. All I get is "error: Unable to save file" I can't even erase an existing game file. Do I already have to quit this mod after manually copying all the files to get it to work and forsaking native and all the other mods??

:evil:

FunDude said:

I'd like to, but I cant find any mention of 3.12 or 3.1(2) on google nor is it in the OP... I've found the post now so I'll install that, thanks. Is it TLD 3.1_hotfix_2.7?

On an unrelated note, why do rohan strong bows do 42 damage? Is this some sort of editor typo, or is there a good reason that the surplus rohan bows do nearly double the damage of the best elven bows and have no strength requirement? With my uruk character I get one-shotted at the beginning of battles by rohan horse archers, and with my elven character I can one-shot any troops from the most extreme distances with the thing. I'm aware of the power draw/str requirment mechanic, but nonetheless a glorified peasant on horseback with a strong bow is able to inflict unrealistic and completely unbalanced volumes of damage on even the best orc/uruk troops.

Instag0 said:
I played 3.1 for the first time last night. I've got to say, the music is especially awesome: very Wagnerian and Howard Shores-y. I found no need to mod the game with the films' soundtrack. Watching little orcsies come over the hill into a hail of Gondorian arrows to the roar of the music fulfills my bloodlust. Hopefully I'll have a nice complement of Ithilien rangers soon. I hope you guys port to Warband multiplayer at some point. I imagine the mod would be quite popular online.

MNB is fun again! I haven't played for a long time, and I came back just for this. :grin:

The mod definitely captures AncientWanker's vision. You guys done Tolkein proud. :smile:

Now if only I could get my main comp working, then I could enjoy some truly epic battles.

Cheers, glad your enjoying it.

And in regards to music.  :oops: Thank you very much.

Hypno Toad said:
I'd like to, but I cant find any mention of 3.12 or 3.1(2) on google nor is it in the OP... I've found the post now so I'll install that, thanks. Is it TLD 3.1_hotfix_2.7?

On an unrelated note, why do rohan strong bows do 42 damage? Is this some sort of editor typo, or is there a good reason that the surplus rohan bows do nearly double the damage of the best elven bows and have no strength requirement? With my uruk character I get one-shotted at the beginning of battles by rohan horse archers, and with my elven character I can one-shot any troops from the most extreme distances with the thing. I'm aware of the power draw/str requirment mechanic, but nonetheless a glorified peasant on horseback with a strong bow is able to inflict unrealistic and completely unbalanced volumes of damage on even the best orc/uruk troops.

Good find. I only checked melee troops finding orc snaga with better weapons than uruk. Seems the second nasty bug with horse archers. The other was gold serpent with 0 power draw.

You do realize that the Rohan bows do cut damage while the Elven bows do pierce, right?  Against unarmored rubble, sure, the Rohan bows are better, but if you're going against a troll a cut bow is just going to tickle him.

Not sure the difference is so huge. But since usually best armored tier 5 evil troops is armor 25 why bother?
Don't know the formula, but in Native the gap between piercing weapon and cutting weapon was smaller. Morningstar was 29 pierce while Bastard Sword was 37 cutting and the difference between the two weapons wasn't so great. Pierce should be +50% more damage than cutting against armored enemies. Even if it is the double is just 50 vs 48 and works only against black numenorean and troll?

psfalk said:
You do realize that the Rohan bows do cut damage while the Elven bows do pierce, right?  Against unarmored rubble, sure, the Rohan bows are better, but if you're going against a troll a cut bow is just going to tickle him.
Once you get 4 points of power draw, the buffed damage makes short work of trolls (and anything else that gets in the way). Armored wargs are still annoying though, since they take a good 3-4 shots to bring down, and there's usually about 30+ on a battlefield.

Detailed Save Corruption Information:

Three saves for the same game:

Save 1 - Day 334 (Corrupted)
Save 2 - Day 329 (Corrupted)
Save 3 - Day 310 (Okay)

The game date for Save 3 at day 310 is Sulime 20 (Mar). Both Save 1 and Save 2 have the date as "<Tolkien Month> Invalid Token". I don't remember the month name.

The game continued to play with the Invalid Token date. I toggled between saving Save 1 and Save 2. However, once I received a quest with a time limit (Report to King Theoden), trying to open the quest screen crashed the game. Likely because the game tried to calculate the "days remaining" for the quest vs. Invalid Token. The save will not load anymore, showing an M&B engine error when trying to load it.

Assumption 1: With a date of Invalid Token, the game will crash when trying to access the quest screen with a time-limited quest.

Assumption 2: Any save game with a date of Invalid Token will no longer load.

HardCode said:
The game date for Save 3 at day 310 is Sulime 20 (Mar). Both Save 1 and Save 2 have the date as "<Tolkien Month> Invalid Token". I don't remember the month name.
Must be a Viresse, it had an extra closing curly bracket in the string. Check strings.txt, try to correct it there, and continue with Save 3
Fixed in next patch

GA, I think that problem is that bracket is at end of string and not after (reg1) But I am not a scripter so I can fail. If you simply cancel bracket "invalid token" text is always in  game window.(but you can reload save)

Other question: I think  you have  discovered what is  quest window  bug(you cannot open quests and you get CTD trying it), if it is so can you tell us  how  we can repair it and  we can play again? Hot chicks or russian elections  are putting hot patch late so a little suggestion as this  could be useful.

Crossbow Joe said:
Mork the Pig said:
when the loading screen comes on at the end of it the game closes and a window pops up saying:sad:RGL ERROR get_ shader failed for: windy_flora)
Use the ironlauncher.exe located within the module folder

I actually use the ironlauncher and checked the manual too. But i still get the windy_flora bug.
I can't find it in the module or game texture folder nor anywhere else.

Darthvegeta800 said:
Crossbow Joe said:
Mork the Pig said:
when the loading screen comes on at the end of it the game closes and a window pops up saying:sad:RGL ERROR get_ shader failed for: windy_flora)

I actually use the ironlauncher and checked the manual too. But i still get the windy_flora bug.

It's not a bug. Are you running IL as administrator? If yes, try the manual install option 2.).

Merlkir said:
Darthvegeta800 said:
Crossbow Joe said:
Mork the Pig said:

I did that too. I'm actually someone that reads the manual...

HOWEVER... I did a clean install now and suddenly it worked. Heck the first time i had the old loading bar now i had the pretty leafy one. So far i'm quite impressed. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Btw are there any signatures with links i could use to advertise this mod to friends?

It's not a bug. Are you running IL as administrator? If yes, try the manual install option 2.).

Actually i now got it to work with a clean reinstall. I tried the second method too then it failed.
So far it does seem to be working well bar some odd scripting errors like str region orcs or something all over the place. :smile:
So i presume the dialogue and scripting is still under development?

Also is there a kind of link for a sig regarding this mod, i'd like to promote the mod to friends.

This is an awesome mod! Thanks for the great work.

I have not found any problems with the mod except for the reward items.  Is there some kind of limit?
I have six I think. After reaching the number I have, I can get more but no matter what it is or from what faction I receive it, it instantly makes my recent events morale subsection go to zero. Combined with the ( I think) too high penalty for party size, I have desertions only seconds after receiving the item.
Also I received the Lembas reward but it vanished from my inventory a few days after I received it.  Is it supposed to do this? I think not as Galadriel no longer offers it to my character. I consider Lembas to be one of the best rewards and it really sucks to have lost it. I definitely did not sell it or drop it.
Oh, yeah. I did find one bug. I play as Rohirrim. The Troublesome Goblin quest is broken. I think it gives me thirty days but it fails no matter how quickly I kill the goblins. If I fail to kill the goblins within a day, the quest automatically fails. This is not a big deal as I can just refuse the quest.

@Oberrill: Are you using the latest patch? If not, get it from their main forum(link in first post of this thread). IIRC, they fixed the zero morale after reward thing, though I'm not so sure.

Pretty sure that Lembas bread is counted as food, meaning it perishes after time due to you and your men eating it. Like all other rewards, you can only get it once.

As for the troublesome goblins, did you engage the goblins on your own or did some party attacked them first, and you rushed in to join the battle? If it's the latter, even if you win the battle it won't be counted, as you weren't the one who initiated the fight.

Back
Top Bottom