Recent content by Phantasm

1. What is your favorite armor?

sairtar said:
    So it seems as though you like three things, as a community, dark armor, heraldic armor, and shiny detailed armor.  So lets open this up to a new question, if you could have armor not found in pop, what would it look like?

More capes, cloaks, hoods and masks used. More ornamental/layered armours like ravensterns tartan on plate, more helms and armour using bone, tattered and old plate/chain repaired with scrap metal i.e bandit knight armour. Spiked gauntlets/boots. And fantasy style demonic or netherworld armour that offers average protection but imposing to look at made for the undead model, say open faced helm, ritual cloth and chain around shoulders but nothing much on the torso and heavily armoured leggings + a belt weighed down with fresh skulls, could double as heretic invoker sort of stuff.

tl:dr
    Mostly more "fantasy" sets, like runic armour or heretic stuff.

Oh as for fave armour, Eventide and mostly all the ravenstern armour, shame the kilt+plate is not used by any units  :sad:.
  2. Can you say more?

It is interesting how to make M&B units even more dangerous, I suppose the "player assassin" ai trickery would help?

I could imagine an unmounted unit with say, 150+ range twohander or polearm, noldor twilight knight / demonic magus mix would be considerably more dangerous than anything in pop. Hell can you imagine demonic magi with helms equal to their armour, and rune weapons? Plenty of room for even more dangerous units I think.

Colour me hyped, though tbh difficulty options that change unique spawn rates/strength would be just as good as immortal goddesses running around.  :razz:
  3. B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Phalanx300 said:
    It means Grim Age can't get a sub-board on this forum. Don't really see the use in that.. But I gues if Games Workshop wanted they could tell Grim Age to stop the mod. But I doubt they will, seeing its such a nice mod. And its just spreading awereness on the Warhammer world. So Games Workshop is also benefitting from mods such as these.

FYI, GW are notorious for shutting down fanmade non-profit projects regardless of quality and loyalty to the lore. Still, I wish all the best for Furok and the team and lets hope this does not happen.  :cool:
  4. does this count as cheating?

noosers said:
    Minor parties are reacting to your characters level as well. Means the higher your import, the larger the inital small spawns. Which makes it a lot trickier to survive early on. It used to be that way in MnB at leats, haven´t imported a character in WB yet so I couldn´t say. The possibility occurs.

It sure does, my char is almost lvl 50 and things are just getting outright ridiculous now. Say hi to a fresh dread legion spawn.

mb61i.jpg
  5. troop trees

The plain rogue knights from rogue squires have superior weaponry, runed bastard sword (aka energy sword) + noldor bow. Good to mix them with HAs. They are more or less the same as heretic magni.
  6. Best Knighthood Orders

Even though I use Eventide as my "go to" for dumping frightening amounts of money into I would say Raven-spear are better for straight up killing.

They also use a warspear or light lance (the most sinister type of weapons in the game imo) and they swap between that and the morningstar seamlessly.

I don't use much other knights, but I'll say that Knights of the Dragon suck terribly (swords only  :neutral:).
  7. Runic Two Handed Axe?

mb62.jpg

Anime axe is go, the dire axe is most easily obtainable through eyegrim patrols of 5+ revenants and killing them solo or with a few companions, 63dmg with no modifiers  :wink:
  8. What is your favorite Knighthood Order???

Eventide are my favoured knights, if you are lucky you can get the faction problem resolved in about an ingame week with some snooping around singal plus some pathfinding skill.

Not only due to roleplay reasons (say hi to demonskin + dire axe wielding companions and hero), but they are the only (afaik) mounted knights with blunt weapons (they use lance,sword,morningstar,warhammer), also they are stronger than most knights stat wise.

Though lately I have been using less knights and more doomguides, they are completely insane and on par if not better than noldor imo.
  9. These little things you like the most

"We are the Jatu, we salute you! May your death bring honor to my lance."

And most of the prebattle talks, esp the adventurers and knights. Also the VO'ers for companions, great stuff you dont expect from a m+b mod.  :smile:

The non-humans in general are also a personal favourite and all the hissing and growls they make.
  10. Strange Runic Weapons -- Stats and Locations [Spoilers]

If those weapons are anything like the dire axes from eyegrim's knights then it will be a huge pain to get them without cheating.

Solo'ing a party of 5 revenants got me a single low quality dire axe every 8 or so wins average. Demonplate seemed more common (gief 78str plzkthx).
  11. Who do you NOT mess with?

Empire, noldor don't count since they end up being allies anyway or I use auto-calc for prisoners, also their lords seem to wander and die to multiple snake cult/jatu armies fairly often.

But anyway, empire are overpowered. Javelins everywhere which allows for an instant kill of the most toughest knights? check. ridiculously good shields and shield skill making them require 5+ ruby rune bow shots? check. shock troops? (gladiators) check. Levy recruits that are able to one shot most units in the game including most knights? check. Only faction with two faction based knight orders which are also statistically the best in the game for their type? check.

And to top it all off they are bordered with the two weakest factions meaning they end up being a major faction and needing a massive eradication campaign. :sad:

Even with a complete honor unit party I avoid large groups of them simply because I can count of so many of my troops (and me) getting randomly headshotted from an empire knight sitting behind a host of gladiators crossbowmen and legionaries.

12. Epic Charatcer Poses, Stats, Achievements, and Pictures

mb43.jpg

I felt bad running them down afterwards.

13. where is the Dread Legion?

Are dire axes lootable? I tried solo'ing a few of the scouting parties but no luck with the loot, maybe it's just very rare.

...Like the demon legs and plate.
  14. Someone please console me that Sarleons aren't all idiots

Sarleon just sucks, the biggest thing they have are mobs of armoured footmen and their ridiculous hammers followed by armoured longbowmen. At least knights of the lion are better than knights of the dragon I guess.

But maybe im just not using enough armoured footmen, 5 or so of them in any melee will turn it around no matter what, no more sole and dismounted demonic magus killing everyone because one awesome guy is beating it into the ground with a lump of iron.
  15. Companion's and lances

noosers said:
    Don´t put the lance or polearm in the topmost weapon slot - it´s the melee slot. Put their sidearm into the first slot, they´ll switch to it once dismounted but use the lance on horseback. If you put the lance into it they´ll use it both booted and on horseback and that´s idiotic.

I have always left the top slot for swords and axes ect. and they still fight in melee with a lance most of the time. So I just give them another shield or something, or use a massive range two-hander.
Back
Top Bottom