Recent content by Otmahr

1. Otmahr

need help understanding roman units

Now I haven't played this mod yet since I've waited for teh real version and not the beta.
    But since no one is answering you, I will.

I recommend these pages:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohort_(military_unit)
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,233443.0.html

In short the "legio" comes from "legion" which you've might have heard, which is a certain number of troops
    the same goes for "cohors" - "cohort", which is a less number of troops than the legion.
    Hence has nothing to do with how good a unit is.

My second link will tell you more about the names of the units.

My translation of the names are:
    The first 2-3 words tell you a bit how the unit looks like, eg is it from spain or from brittania.
    the last 1-2 words tells you how good it is, and what kind of soldier it is.
    For example I'm pretty sure a Preatorian is one of the best swordsmen, but maybe not as good as the Imperial Preatorian, and so on.
    A simple way is that a unit gets better when you upgrade it  :wink:
    but if you want to know more about the unit I suggest that you search for the last word of the unit's name on the internet and read about it.
  2. Otmahr

[Europe 1805] Bug Reports

Moi said:
    Hi !
    I want to know something , maybe it's a noobish question but I don't know why when I speak to the npcs in my party there is no "I'm planing to  raise a new battle command ..." option but I've downloaded the 1.0B with formations and I have the formation settings in the camp menu .
    Someone know why I can't raise any "company" ?
    Sorry for my bad English.

I've got the same problem..  :sad:
  3. Otmahr

Screenshots

Eumolpus said:
    Zaro's Graphical Enhancement 2.5 & HDR

GEDownload.jpg

Unfortunately the page does not look as you've shown. :cry: Try clicking your link
  4. Otmahr

[V4.5] REPORTED BUGS LIST / VERSION 4.57 (hotfixes here)

now it stopped working again  :sad:
    was running on X7 little lower texture low details and shadows
    not too happy installing programs on the computer, but if you give a link I'll try it.
    the crashings come when trying to get to character page and when talking with people -is there some way to block these pictures, cause the rest of the game so far my computer can take with x9 and such
  5. Otmahr

PVal said:
    Otmahr said:
    Hi, the game crashes on my computer when I try to talk to any of my troops or with my strategic adviser. It also crashes when after a battle you click continue to get to the prisoner-page.
    I've got windows vista, I've lowered my resolution a bit -might try some more, I've redownloaded, reinstalled.
    Any more tip?

It might not be the real cause, but it might worth a try: the loading of the party screen and talking to them on that screen seems to be influenced by the detail level of the characters more than that of the textures. Try lowering that a little instead of the other graphical settings, and try out DX7 if there is still a problem.

Thanks, I started a new game and used X7 and now it works :smile:

Might take a while until I get used to the graphic though :/
  6. Otmahr

Hi, the game crashes on my computer when I try to talk to any of my troops or with my strategic adviser. It also crashes when after a battle you click continue to get to the prisoner-page.
    I've got windows vista, I've lowered my resolution a bit -might try some more, I've redownloaded, reinstalled.
    Any more tip?
  7. Otmahr

M&B ONLY -Prophesy of Pendor 3.x FOR M&B V 1.011 - Consolidated Bug Reports

you can upgrade your maiden rangers to Fierdsvain nobles
  8. Otmahr

M&B ONLY -Prophesy of Pendor 3.x FOR M&B V 1.011 - Consolidated Bug Reports

I'm sorry I haven't read what people have found for bugs, so please ignore me if I repeat.
    This might not even be a bug, I just hasn't noticed it before.
    I just fought some of the snake cults and killed 2 serpent princesses (or whatever -the women) with my balanced BLUNT TIP lance :!:
    As I've said it might not be a bug, but I've for sure never noticed that you can kill people with these lances. The rest of the cultmembers were knocked down when attacked.
  9. Otmahr

Suggestions for PoP 3+

I haven't really read all the suggestions so I sorry if I say the same as someone else.
    I really think there should be more Knighthood Orders for the other countries' knights, I think this thing with only nobles turning into knights is good thing. But my opinion is that it has made the pendor troop worse, their nobles are still the best, but I dislike their ordinary troops. I prefer Ravernstern troops. But I can't turn their knights into anything but the Knights of the dragon.
    It should really exist some choices. In PoP 2+ you could always recuit some pendor troops (farmers, refugees) into pendor knights but you can't any more.
  10. Otmahr

Bug Report, known bugs, and UPDATE notification(Apr. 05. update)

I guess this is a bug:
    i become member in The Route Army(or something like that) through talking to a lord and wsa hired as a mercenary. The problem is now that I can't become a lord in the country. I conquered a castle and wasn't allowed to claim it as a reward. And when I talk to the "king" he sais "You're already outh-bound to the country, ain't you?" (or something like that)

What to do?

Sorry didn't see

11. Otmahr

[Development] - Suggestions, Brainstorming Thread for V5

could you add this formation kit instead of the one you use now
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62492.0.html
  12. Otmahr

Bug report version1.0 & all known bug. Please point out incorrect English.

I've got one:
    I was in Wercheg (which I did not own) clicked on the "other menu" button
    then "party window" I could then exchange troops with the town. meaning I had 3 recruits when I got there and 10 veterans and 30 warriors in my party when I left.
  13. Otmahr

suggestion and plans for the future

I think you should add foxyman's formation kit: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62492.0.html

you can use your companions as subcommanders´in your army and have different formations for each subcommand
  14. Otmahr

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Thanks alot :grin:

I finished that ERROR-problem
    but I don't understand the WARNING-problems
    I'm really new to this and not exactly experienced in english and computers - what is a local variable? You said:
    cdvader said:
    Local variable never used means exactly what it says. A local variable is never used. Say you have a local variable named ":cur_day". If you declare ":cur_day" but you never, ever use it in the script, it's then a local variable which is not used.

Now, compile, and if you still get the errors of "Local variable never used", then you either forget / missed to add some lines or the scripter who made these scripts you're trying to include is very bad and has uselessly made new local variables. If you're 100% sure you haven't forgot or missed something, then simply remove the local variable lines from the script.

where do I declare it?

I have used "troop_id" in the module_script:
    Code:
    ##      (try_for_range, ":troop_id", merchants_begin, merchants_end),
    ##        (troop_set_slot, ":troop_id", slot_troop_occupation, slto_merchant),
    ##      (try_end),

(try_for_range, ":troop_id", kingdom_heroes_begin, kingdom_heroes_end),
            (try_begin),
              (store_troop_faction, ":faction_id", ":troop_id"),
              (is_between, ":faction_id", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
              (troop_set_slot, ":troop_id", slot_troop_original_faction, ":faction_id"),
              (try_begin),
                (is_between, ":troop_id", pretenders_begin, pretenders_end),
                (faction_set_slot, ":faction_id", slot_faction_has_rebellion_chance, 1),
              (else_try),
                (troop_set_slot, ":troop_id", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),
              (try_end),
            (try_end),
            (assign, ":initial_wealth", 6000),
            (try_begin),
              (store_troop_faction, ":faction", ":troop_id"),
              (faction_slot_eq, ":faction", slot_faction_leader, ":troop_id"),
              (assign, ":initial_wealth", 20000),
            (try_end),
            (troop_set_slot, ":troop_id", slot_troop_wealth, ":initial_wealth"),
          (try_end),

But it still say that it's not used
Back
Top Bottom