Recent content by Orchid

1. Orchid

What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

ancalimon said:
    I'm afraid of a nuclear attack in Turkey. If something happens to us, don't forget to not trust the clergy.

Here's advertisement of Zaman newspaper which belongs to Fettullah Gülen's cult. The siren is the nuclear attack siren.

9 months 10 days after this advertisement was shown, the coup attempt happened.

(BTW. What kind of ****ed up advertisement is this?)

One of Ancalimon's last posts before his departure. (Yes, I looked up to see whether he was still around.) I hope he survived the nuke.
  2. Orchid

Say Cheese v2

Thank you, all! I've often thought of this wonderful place in my absence, but it wasn't until yesterday evening that I actually found myself doing so while in front of a computer at home. Speaking of a which: I just bought one! Jury's still out whether I get to hang a sign in front, dubbing it "Orchid Court". I sincerely doubt it unfortunately. Glad to see there's still so many familiar faces out here -- even though some of those faces have new names to them now. I'll order volume 12 of the TaleWorlds Chronicles off Amazon right away just to make sure I'm up-to-date.
  3. Orchid

What TV series are you watching?

Angelsachsen said:
    The Last Kingdom is back on the TV.
    Right at the top of my list. Very curious about the TV adaptation.

Just finished watching Frontier. Complete and utter bollocks. Horrible. A-****ing-trocious. Quite a shame really, because I had very high expectations for this one. I'm a sucker for Frontier-related media and when I first heard about this show, I immediately took interest. Alas, the plot is piss poor (classic revenge story) and the acting of most of the actors and actresses involved isn't much better. And why is there so little Frontier in a show called Frontier? What a missed opportunity.
  4. Orchid

Say Cheese v2

Teofish said:
    0Gwl3.jpg
    Nice and fruity bosom to complement those buns of steel!
  5. Orchid

Rate the above forumite's avatar v. IV

Does what it says on the tin. It's a stone made of sacred head. With that, I rest my case.

5/5
  6. Orchid

Yarn of insignificant questions

Wondered about those too. Somehow I've become a filthy pleb during my absence. Who do I need to marry for some proper social mobility?
  7. Orchid

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

RabbleKnight said:
    I'm trying to upgrade my pledge to gain access to alpha but it give me an error message:
    We're sorry, but something went wrong.
    Seems like something went wrong there, Rabble.

Totally lost sight of this jewel. Pretty chuffed with the way it's shaping up!
  8. Orchid

Introduction/Hello thread

MithrellaS said:
    I hope I can become a respected member on this forum. All the people I met here are really friendly and stuff.

FSE on the other hand. Just left that forum. How many autists. I can't count them on my both hands.  :ohdear:

To be clear, this is not sarcasm.
    Welcome, friend!

1Svj4.png

Code:
    [IMG]https://tw.greywool.com/i/1Svj4.png[/IMG]
  9. Orchid

say cheese

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    Major success today.

Q-U3v.jpg
    You performed an abortion?
  10. Orchid

World News Today, brought to you by TW

The guts on them, eh?!
  11. Orchid

Annual Off-Topic TW Awards Ceremony 2016! Main thread. READ THE ****ING OP!

Austupaio said:
    Ringwraith's a bloke alright, he just had a giant meltdown over a discussion about the car physics in GTA5, revealed himself to be dupe of, not one but, two banned users and ragequit the forum.
    I raucously laughed out loud. Ah man, that is so typically Whingewraith - although I vowed never to call him like that again. The violent discussion about something so trivial is typical I might add, not the creation of dupes.  Rather surprised about the latter. Poor Ringwraith. He was a nice chap when he wasn't arguing about the fonts used in the credits.
  12. Orchid

World News Today, brought to you by TW

Politico Magazine: Michael Lind, "How the South Skews America: We’d be less violent, more mobile and in general more normal if not for Dixie." (03/07/2015)

The comment section wars are glorious.

As for the article itself, I find myself agreeing with the author on some points, but vehemently disagreeing about some of his premises. I feel he overemphasises "Southern violence", while utterly neglecting violence in the North. At the same time, the view of Americans as gun totin', bible thumpin' idiots that has gained credence throughout much of the West (that isn't the United States) in the last few decades is one that largely corresponds with the (Northern view of the) Southerner.
  13. Orchid

Annual Off-Topic TW Awards Ceremony 2016! Main thread. READ THE ****ING OP!

Sorry, it was a mere misunderstanding - that's all. But eh...
    Antonis said:
    Orchid missed a lot. Epicrules, GERRY1, Ringwraith2.
    1 I have no clue whatsoever who GERRY is. Doesn't ring a bell in the slightest.
    2 I hardly dare ask it, but Ringwraith's no bloke either?
  14. Orchid

What be on yer noggin?

RabbleKnight said:
    Ouch.
    Applies little to no nuance?
    What do you mean?
    Highly suggestible?
    Again what do you mean?
    Your whole understanding of the world is based on dichotomies: things are either black or they are white, rarely ever is there a grey in between. You are either radically for or against something. In order to justify your views, you generalise or refuse to acknowledge a substantial degree of variation.

suggestible /sə'dʒes.tɪ.bl ̩/ adjective (FORMAL DISAPPROVING)
      describes someone who is easily influenced by other people's opinions
      The success of advertising proves that we are all  highly  suggestible.
Back
Top Bottom