Recent content by OranGiraffe

1. B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

hoboistice said:
    OranGiraffe said:
    So I followed all of the directions, but when I got into the Morgh editor, I looked for the overswing_spear flag to check, and the only flag associated with that has a '(WFAS)' after it (I assume that means it's a 'With Fire and Sword' animation). So with that being my only option I checked that, and it did change my overswing animation, but it changed it to an alternate polearm overhead swing instead of an overhead stab.

I think I did something wrong, but I'm not sure what. I assume there should be another non 'with fire and sword' animation available.

Thanks again for being active on this thread, I know this is an old post.
    Yeah that's normal, it says WFAS because when Morgh's was made this was only available for WFAS. But since Warband has been updated it basically has all of the features of WFAS built into the engine now. From what it sounds like you forgot to remove the overswing_polearm flag.

EDIT: So I found out my big error was clicking only the save button in the morgh program in the top right of the window. You need to click update&save next to it as well (or maybe only that?).
    Anyway, it works now, ignore my text below. Thanks a ton for this info and being so quick to respond, hoboistice.
    I unchecked that flag and saved it before this happened, but I'll try again. Am I missing another thing to check or uncheck? Do I need to remove thrust_polearm, or is that not part of what this changes?
  2. B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

hoboistice said:
    OranGiraffe said:
    Ah, okay. I'm running 2.54
    Is that one outdated then? I got it from mod db and I thought it was the most recent.

[EDIT]: nevermind, found out that 2.54 is from 2012 and 2.55 is from 2014. I'm downloading 2.55 now. Thanks for the info, I'll see if it works this time.

If anyone's curious, you can't get 2.55 from Mod DB, you have to get it through the nexus mods website
    When unzipped 2.55 says it's 2.54 anyway. But it sounds like you did have an older version since the 2.55 on the site said it was from 2014. Feel free to post again if you have any problems or if you get it working.

So I followed all of the directions, but when I got into the Morgh editor, I looked for the overswing_spear flag to check, and the only flag associated with that has a '(WFAS)' after it (I assume that means it's a 'With Fire and Sword' animation). So with that being my only option I checked that, and it did change my overswing animation, but it changed it to an alternate polearm overhead swing instead of an overhead stab.

I think I did something wrong, but I'm not sure what. I assume there should be another non 'with fire and sword' animation available.

Thanks again for being active on this thread, I know this is an old post.
  3. B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

hoboistice said:
    OranGiraffe said:
    Hey, thanks so much for posting all of this, but I have a problem with adding the overhead stab for 2h in Floris Expanded.

I opened up the actions.txt but the lines of text don't match up. Not only that, but there doesn't even seem to be an 'overswing_spear' file.
    I ctrl+f'd spear and polearm and I only found attacks on horseback and walking animations, but no on-foot attack text lines.
    Just checked the copy of Floris Expanded I have and indeed the lines are there, at 965. It's the newest version too, Floris EXPANDED Mod Pack v2_55-3489-2-55.

Ah, okay. I'm running 2.54
    Is that one outdated then? I got it from mod db and I thought it was the most recent.

[EDIT]: nevermind, found out that 2.54 is from 2012 and 2.55 is from 2014. I'm downloading 2.55 now. Thanks for the info, I'll see if it works this time.

If anyone's curious, you can't get 2.55 from Mod DB, you have to get it through the nexus mods website
  4. B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

Hey, thanks so much for posting all of this, but I have a problem with adding the overhead stab for 2h in Floris Expanded.

I opened up the actions.txt but the lines of text don't match up. Not only that, but there doesn't even seem to be an 'overswing_spear' file.
    I ctrl+f'd spear and polearm and I only found attacks on horseback and walking animations, but no on-foot attack text lines.
Back
Top Bottom