B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

Users who are viewing this thread

OranGiraffe said:
Hey, thanks so much for posting all of this, but I have a problem with adding the overhead stab for 2h in Floris Expanded.

I opened up the actions.txt but the lines of text don't match up. Not only that, but there doesn't even seem to be an 'overswing_spear' file.
I ctrl+f'd spear and polearm and I only found attacks on horseback and walking animations, but no on-foot attack text lines.
Just checked the copy of Floris Expanded I have and indeed the lines are there, at 965. It's the newest version too, Floris EXPANDED Mod Pack v2_55-3489-2-55.

hoboistice said:
OranGiraffe said:
Hey, thanks so much for posting all of this, but I have a problem with adding the overhead stab for 2h in Floris Expanded.

I opened up the actions.txt but the lines of text don't match up. Not only that, but there doesn't even seem to be an 'overswing_spear' file.
I ctrl+f'd spear and polearm and I only found attacks on horseback and walking animations, but no on-foot attack text lines.
Just checked the copy of Floris Expanded I have and indeed the lines are there, at 965. It's the newest version too, Floris EXPANDED Mod Pack v2_55-3489-2-55.

Ah, okay. I'm running 2.54
Is that one outdated then? I got it from mod db and I thought it was the most recent.

[EDIT]: nevermind, found out that 2.54 is from 2012 and 2.55 is from 2014. I'm downloading 2.55 now. Thanks for the info, I'll see if it works this time.

If anyone's curious, you can't get 2.55 from Mod DB, you have to get it through the nexus mods website

OranGiraffe said:
Is that one outdated then? I got it from mod db and I thought it was the most recent.

[EDIT]: nevermind, found out that 2.54 is from 2012 and 2.55 is from 2014. I'm downloading 2.55 now. Thanks for the info, I'll see if it works this time.

If anyone's curious, you can't get 2.55 from Mod DB, you have to get it through the nexus mods website
When unzipped 2.55 says it's 2.54 anyway. But it sounds like you did have an older version since the 2.55 on the site said it was from 2014. Feel free to post again if you have any problems or if you get it working.

hoboistice said:
OranGiraffe said:

When unzipped 2.55 says it's 2.54 anyway. But it sounds like you did have an older version since the 2.55 on the site said it was from 2014. Feel free to post again if you have any problems or if you get it working.

So I followed all of the directions, but when I got into the Morgh editor, I looked for the overswing_spear flag to check, and the only flag associated with that has a '(WFAS)' after it (I assume that means it's a 'With Fire and Sword' animation). So with that being my only option I checked that, and it did change my overswing animation, but it changed it to an alternate polearm overhead swing instead of an overhead stab.

I think I did something wrong, but I'm not sure what. I assume there should be another non 'with fire and sword' animation available.

Thanks again for being active on this thread, I know this is an old post.

OranGiraffe said:
So I followed all of the directions, but when I got into the Morgh editor, I looked for the overswing_spear flag to check, and the only flag associated with that has a '(WFAS)' after it (I assume that means it's a 'With Fire and Sword' animation). So with that being my only option I checked that, and it did change my overswing animation, but it changed it to an alternate polearm overhead swing instead of an overhead stab.

I think I did something wrong, but I'm not sure what. I assume there should be another non 'with fire and sword' animation available.

Yeah that's normal, it says WFAS because when Morgh's was made this was only available for WFAS. But since Warband has been updated it basically has all of the features of WFAS built into the engine now. From what it sounds like you forgot to remove the overswing_polearm flag.

hoboistice said:
OranGiraffe said:

Yeah that's normal, it says WFAS because when Morgh's was made this was only available for WFAS. But since Warband has been updated it basically has all of the features of WFAS built into the engine now. From what it sounds like you forgot to remove the overswing_polearm flag.

EDIT: So I found out my big error was clicking only the save button in the morgh program in the top right of the window. You need to click update&save next to it as well (or maybe only that?).
Anyway, it works now, ignore my text below. Thanks a ton for this info and being so quick to respond, hoboistice.
I unchecked that flag and saved it before this happened, but I'll try again. Am I missing another thing to check or uncheck? Do I need to remove thrust_polearm, or is that not part of what this changes?

OranGiraffe said:
EDIT: So I found out my big error was clicking only the save button in the morgh program in the top right of the window. You need to click update&save next to it as well (or maybe only that?).
Anyway, it works now, ignore my text below. Thanks a ton for this info and being so quick to respond, hoboistice.
I unchecked that flag and saved it before this happened, but I'll try again. Am I missing another thing to check or uncheck? Do I need to remove thrust_polearm, or is that not part of what this changes?
Ah yeah I might put that in the guide then, for people who haven't really used Morgh's before it's something you need to get used to. For thrust_polearm no you don't remove that flag, since that's the downward thrust that's already on spears. You remove the overswing_polearm flag because that and the overswing_spear flag essentially use the same "slot". Otherwise you can check the no_blur flag in the bottom of the Flags column for any spear you add this to since the blur effect looks really bad on spear thrusts.

Antonis said:
Kinda late to the party, but pretty cool stuff. And I'm still in debt to you for fixing the animations in my mod.  :smile:
Oh hey Antonis, I need to play your mod again but I've been waiting for the scenes to be fixed. No problem with the help either.

hoboistice said:
OranGiraffe said:
Ah yeah I might put that in the guide then, for people who haven't really used Morgh's before it's something you need to get used to. For thrust_polearm no you don't remove that flag, since that's the downward thrust that's already on spears. You remove the overswing_polearm flag because that and the overswing_spear flag essentially use the same "slot". Otherwise you can check the no_blur flag in the bottom of the Flags column for any spear you add this to since the blur effect looks really bad on spear thrusts.

Antonis said:
Kinda late to the party, but pretty cool stuff. And I'm still in debt to you for fixing the animations in my mod.  :smile:
Oh hey Antonis, I need to play your mod again but I've been waiting for the scenes to be fixed. No problem with the help either.

i added your submod for POP, and I cant tell if its working or not. I dont notice my dhsar warriors using the overhead stab animation with their glaives. I extracted the file straight into my POP folder

Titanjones said:
i added your submod for POP, and I cant tell if its working or not. I dont notice my dhsar warriors using the overhead stab animation with their glaives. I extracted the file straight into my POP folder
It only applied to polearms that make sense for it (ones that do more thrust damage than swing). So their glaives don't have it on since they do more cut.

Thanks for the mods! I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm hoping that you could help me out with something.

I tried modding your spear upstabs into 1257 A.D, but whenever I attack, I just get this weird ready stance with no attack animation. I'l have to describe it instead of using an image since I signed up recently. My character leans forward, puts his right hand on his hip and holds his spear like a flag at a slight vertical angle. I've also tried disabling the overswing_musket flag

I thought I'd done everything correctly, went into the module.ini after putting the animations file into the resources file and replaced the load_mod_resource lines and made sure that all my lines were in their places in actions.txt. My flags in Morgh's are all correct too (you'll have to trust me, I've checked 5 times). Do you roughly know what could be causing this?

Oh yeah, my pike brace animation is similarly broken. It looks like my character is planting his weapon into the ground with its point pointing upwards.

Holy_Scutum said:
Thanks for the mods! I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm hoping that you could help me out with something.

I tried modding your spear upstabs into 1257 A.D, but whenever I attack, I just get this weird ready stance with no attack animation. I'l have to describe it instead of using an image since I signed up recently. My character leans forward, puts his right hand on his hip and holds his spear like a flag at a slight vertical angle. I've also tried disabling the overswing_musket flag

I thought I'd done everything correctly, went into the module.ini after putting the animations file into the resources file and replaced the load_mod_resource lines and made sure that all my lines were in their places in actions.txt. My flags in Morgh's are all correct too (you'll have to trust me, I've checked 5 times). Do you roughly know what could be causing this?

Oh yeah, my pike brace animation is similarly broken. It looks like my character is planting his weapon into the ground with its point pointing upwards.
Some mods like 1257 make it harder to add because they've already added new animations, so you have to offset (break) those animations to get it to work.
Luckily for 1257 it's nothing important (mainly the shield bash code which is pretty useless anyway).
So you have to cntrl x the animation code starting from shield bash, ending at the sit_drink code, and paste it after the unequip_pistol_melee code.

Now I'm getting an RGL error whenever I go into battle. It says 'Incorrect skeleton type for anim 553'. I'm going to guess that the game is assigning the wrong model to an animation. What should I do?

Nevermind, just had to redo it.

Cool stuff! I think I might steal some of it for the Overhaul Project...
Scratch that. It seems that these animations are part of a DLC, so I can't use them for a native mod  :sad:
Does anyone have a link to an OSP that does the same things? I vaguely remember seeing at least pike bracing, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Autolykos said:
Scratch that. It seems that these animations are part of a DLC, so I can't use them for a native mod  :sad:

sure you can. As long you are not using the BRFs (for new animations), only the code, you are fine.

That's kinda the problem, though. The animations are in the .brf, and without it the guy will only do the T-stance, not the proper animation (unless I'm missing something, but I haven't got it working yet). The only thing I can do is make thrusts quicker (which is probably a good idea), and half-incorporate the changes, so you only need to set a few flags and copy over the .brf

Autolykos said:
unless I'm missing something,

well only 3 of the suggestions (IIRC) needed a BRF file. Just check if his download is a copy of a DLC or if he created them (or used something from a OSP), by comparing them on OpenBRF with the DLCs.

the rest is just flags

It's hard to find where the stuff comes from; the only source Google could find was an anonymous guide very similar to this one (on pastebin), which does not inspire much confidence. And I can't check against the DLCs directly, since I don't own any of them.

Luckily, at least the two-handed thrust is already in native, and there is a onehanded/javelin version as well, which I'm now trying to get to work properly.

So I'm only missing the pike bracing, for which I'm pretty sure there's an OSP somewhere...

Autolykos said:
It's hard to find where the stuff comes from; the only source Google could find was an anonymous guide very similar to this one (on pastebin), which does not inspire much confidence. And I can't check against the DLCs directly, since I don't own any of them.

Luckily, at least the two-handed thrust is already in native, and there is a onehanded/javelin version as well, which I'm now trying to get to work properly.

So I'm only missing the pike bracing, for which I'm pretty sure there's an OSP somewhere...
Do you mean the crouch animations are DLC? Because they aren't, they're Warband related.

Back
Top Bottom