Recent content by Ogrecorps

1. Ogrecorps

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I'm working with the Floris Mod Pack and have modified a unit line within the Sword Sisters with Morgh's Tools. Sword Sisters in Floris spawn in taverns like regular mercenaries. I would like only the ones I modded to spawn. I used the "inactive" flag on the other sword sisters but they still spawn - naked. They spawn without any equipment.

How do I stop them from spawning altogether?
  2. Ogrecorps

Hello again and thank you for the help last time, I got the womenfolk screaming. Now I want to stop their cohorts from spawning. The ladies in question are Sword Sisters that (at least in the Floris Mod) appear in taverns to be hired as mercenaries. I want only the line that I modified through Morgh's Tools to show up. I checked "Inactive" in Morgh's on all but the ones I want but they still show up - naked. I'm tempted to just change their faction to Undeads since this mod doesn't use any undead so perhaps they won't spawn...? But I don't know what else that could affect. At this point I don't want to delete them, I just want to stop them from spawning in the tavern. Couldn't care less if they spawned somewhere else though.
  3. Ogrecorps

Adding stuff from other modules to Floris

Wow, you look very nice! Here are the A7_Valkyrie Sword sisters I created with a bit of PoP armor and Noldor arrows:

zfL05ip.jpg

wS25LSL.jpg

ma1OtEs.jpg

pjrAbk8.jpg

lV0rwJs.jpg

8FnrAcg.jpg

Yes, those are Magnus Mauls that I modified to be 1-handed. Originally there were 7 Valkyries but... I forgot to make it so the hammers could also be SWUNG one handed... There were some bandits and, well, they killed two Valkyries before I could finish them off while the ladies just yelled and brandished shields menacingly.

As for getting them to shout in victory: I DID IT - with a little help from Somebody (that is literally his name) at The Forge. And now I'll tell anyone interested how to do the same. I did it for the expanded pack but you can (I believe) do the same for the other versions using their respective files.

1. Get the DevSuite (Thanks KuroNeko87!), the sounds you want (I took mine from Blood and Steel but am looking for more), Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.7.html),  and MAYBE Python (I honestly don't know if I needed it, that's how inexperienced I am at this. I got it from http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html)

2. Load the sounds into the "Sounds" folder (found here: ...\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.54\Sounds) in the mod and make sure they are all named "woman_victory_01" incrementing the number for however many there are. Example: woman_victory_01, woman_victory_02, woman_victory_03, etc.

3. Open module_sounds.py (found in: ...\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Floris Dev Suite 2.54\Source\Source - Floris Expanded Mod Pack\Module) in Notepad++ and search (ctl+f) for "man_victory". Copy that line and paste it in a new line below it. Change the names of the sounds it references to the ones you brought in.

Code:
    #Man victory
     ("man_victory",						sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10,									["min_man_victory_01.wav","min_man_victory_02.wav","min_man_victory_03.wav","min_man_victory_04.wav","min_man_victory_05.wav","min_man_victory_06.wav","min_man_victory_07.wav","min_man_victory_08.wav","min_man_victory_09.wav","min_man_victory_10.wav","ext_man_victory_11.wav","ext_man_victory_12.wav","ext_man_victory_13.wav","ext_man_victory_14.wav","ext_man_victory_15.wav","ext_man_victory_16.wav","ext_man_victory_17.wav","ext_man_victory_18.wav","ext_man_victory_19.wav","ext_man_victory_20.wav"]),
    # ("man_victory",						sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10,									["min_man_victory_01.wav","min_man_victory_02.wav","min_man_victory_03.wav","min_man_victory_04.wav","min_man_victory_05.wav","min_man_victory_06.wav","min_man_victory_07.wav","min_man_victory_08.wav","min_man_victory_09.wav","min_man_victory_10.wav"]),
      ("woman_victory",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10, ["woman_victory_01.wav","woman_victory_02.wav","woman_victory_03.wav","woman_victory_04.wav","woman_victory_05.wav","woman_victory_06.wav","woman_victory_07.wav","woman_victory_08.wav","woman_victory_09.wav","woman_victory_10.wav","woman_victory_11.wav"]),
    There are huge gaps on the man lines because that's how the Floris devs liked to make things easy to read. I didn't care.

4. Next, go to module_skins.py (also found in: ...\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Floris Dev Suite 2.54\Source\Source - Floris Expanded Mod Pack\Module) and open it up in Notepad++ as well. In it search for "voice_die". You'll find the sounds for guys first but hit it again and you'll get to the ladies. You should be taken to another part further down that says:
    Code:
     voice_die,"snd_woman_die"
    At the end of that line but BEFORE the green comments after the pound sign (#) paste the following:
    Code:
    ,(voice_victory,"snd_woman_victory")

5. Compile your work by double-clicking a file named "build_floris_expanded_mod_pack.bat" (found in: ...\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Floris Dev Suite 2.54\Build and Update batch-files). This will take a little while to run. Once it's done go to ...\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Floris Dev Suite 2.54\Compiled Files\Expanded and copy ALL of the files in there into ...\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.54. Create a new game (perhaps not necessary but I dunno) and enjoy the lady-shouts.
  4. Ogrecorps

Somebody said:
    Note the following in module_skins (where race/genders as well as spooky skeletons are defined).
    Code:
    [(voice_die,"snd_man_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_man_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_man_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_man_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_man_yell"),(voice_stun,"snd_man_stun"),(voice_victory,"snd_man_victory")], #voice sounds
    [(voice_die,"snd_woman_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_woman_hit"),(voice_yell,"snd_woman_yell")], #voice sounds
    Copy over the appropriate tuples and change the sound references.

Thank you thank you thank you!!  :grin: The wife was very confused as to why I was jumping and clapping when the game crashed to desktop. "Ah," I say, "but did you HEAR it?! There was a victory cry right as the game crashed!"

I did what you said and got the ladies to at least START to shout in victory - I definitely heard it! - but then CTD. After thinking and searching for an answer and getting well into a new post laying out all of the things I have done so far I realized that maybe I SHOULDN'T have left out the newly compiled sounds.txt in preference to the one I modified earlier... So I took a look at them and lo and behold, the compiler is smarter than I gave it credit for and I'm the idiot. I didn't expect it to add the new sound files AND the event for which they apply all on its own.

So now, at 5:50am, I have screaming victorious women with no CTD!! Thank you very much Somebody!!

Now I'm headed back to the Floris forum to spread the word on getting the women to cheer!
  5. Ogrecorps

I want to add female victory cries to the newest Floris Expanded Mod Pack. Not just add more or replace the existing ones, I need to add that they even get any. Right now women just thrust their hands into the air in eerie silence. Nowhere in sounds.txt or even just in the Sounds folder are any references to women victory cries. I have very little modding or programming experience and this little project is the height of my ambition.

I have read the entire first post in The Ultimate Introduction to Modding, searched the Forge and this thread as well as posted my question on the Floris forum. My brain is melted from trying to understand things well beyond my comprehension at this point.

I have the DevSuite for the pack complete with source files and what appear to be python compiling .bat files. Per instructions in the Modding introduction I have the python compiler and Modsys as well as Notepad++. I have the sounds I want to add as well.

I feel like I have all the tools I need to make this thing happen but I just don't know where to start. I took a stab at module_sounds.py and compiled it to no effect. I need someone to please at least give me a rough map of where I should be going.
  6. Ogrecorps

Oh.  :shock:

Thank you!

(rummage, rummage)

Okay, I've added the line I want to module_sounds.py. Now I guess it's time to learn how to compile things... FORUM SEAAAARRRRRCH!!!

7. Ogrecorps

I don't have a "Source" folder. In fact, the only mod I have that HAS female victory sounds is Blood and Steel and it also the only one that has a Source folder. That folder is FILLED with about 120 .py files whereas neither Floris, Brytenwalda, nor Prophecy of Pendor have female victory sounds (at least not in their "Sounds" folder) OR a Source folder OR any discernable .py files. I downloaded all of these mods new within the last week.

rDN2xOw.png

I thought maybe I had found what I needed in the sounds.txt file. I added the sounds from Blood and Steel to the Sounds folder, added them to the list in sounds.txt, updated the number of definitions, and added an event thingy (don't know the terminology) at the bottom of sounds.txt, again updating the number of definitions. I mimicked the syntax I saw in the file (including the lower definitions using numbers for sounds 3 off of their line number), made up the "3000" reference after making sure there wasn't another one, and crashed the game a couple times before I updated the definition count. The game starts now and runs fine, all other sounds work but I still don't have any female victory cries.

KKiw59L.png

LoudEBC.png

I'm at a loss for why victory cries were left out for women, doubly so because out of 4 popular and well-made mods only 1 has them and that one has a structure unlike the rest. Was/is there something about Brytenwalda, Flors, and PoP that can't handle female victory cries? Where are the python files? Even M&B:W itself doesn't have any lone .py files. What am I missing here?

Twice at least before this issue has been brought up but with no resolution or even any comments addressing the concern:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,213099.msg5223534.html#msg5223534
    imgran said:
    A female victory cry.  Please.  The silence when you happen to have an all- or mostly-female force and win the fight is almost eerie.  I dunno if this is unique to me or what, but it drives me nuts.  At the very least someone like Matheld should let loose some kind of war-whoop when you win a fight.
  8. Ogrecorps

I am led to believe that if I can find the "module_sounds.py" file I'll be able to edit it and get what I'm looking for. That impression comes from a post in the Forge (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,317148.msg7525258.html#msg7525258) and a README file from a mod with more female sounds (available at http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3905/?)

The README file in question:
    To make this work, copy the ogg files into your module's sounds directory

If you haven't made any modifications to module_sounds.py you can simply overwrite it with the included file. Otherwise, you'll need to make the following changes/additions.

Comment out woman_hit and woman_die, then add the following code

("woman_hit",sf_priority_7, ["woman_hit_1.ogg","woman_hit_2.ogg","woman_hit_3.ogg","woman_hit_4.ogg","woman_hit_5.ogg","woman_hit_6.ogg","woman_hit_7.ogg","woman_hit_8.ogg","woman_hit_9.ogg","woman_hit_10.ogg","woman_hit_11.ogg"]),

("woman_die",sf_priority_10|sf_vol_9, ["die1.ogg","die2.ogg","die3.ogg","die4.ogg","die5.ogg","die6.ogg","die7.ogg","die8.ogg"]),

I've included a note on how to remove yells inside module_sounds.py

The trouble is that there IS no module_sounds.py file in the Floris Mod pack. There's one in Blood and Steel and they even have women victory sounds but I can't very well just copy that over. Clearly the module_sounds.py file's functions are covered by something else in Floris and I just need to know where it is, how to get to it. I want to run and all-female army and the eerie silence upon victory weirds me out. I've done some programming so I understand that little things are important but that was C++ and about 15+ years ago.
  9. Ogrecorps

I've been adding PoP stuff to Floris for a couple days and only got 1 crash at the beginning and that's because the second line in itemkinds1.txt (the number of items in the file) didn't get updated correctly when I added new things. I used this post to help:

Arvenski said:
    Heck with the tutorial. If you are moving items into Native, here's how (you can use any module you like,I'm just using Native for explanation)
    Using OpenBRF, find the Brytenwalda .brf file with the armour you want to move and copy it to your Native Resource folder. Note the texture the armour uses,
    (OpenBRF will tell you) and find that texture in your Brytenwalda Textures folder, and copy it to your Native Textures folder (be sure to copy any texture files with
    the same name followed by .n, .normalmap, .s, .spec, .specular, .bump, and so on).In OpenBRF each model will have a name in a column on the left, (you may have found this out), now go to Brytenwalda Itemkinds1.txt, open it, press ctrl+f to search, and search for the name of the model of your armour, when you find it, copy the whole line plus the 3 or so one or two digit lines below the main line. Now go to Native Itemkinds1.txt, add 1 to the top number, go to the bottom of the page,and just above "end_items" paste your copy from the Brytenwalda file. Now in Native Module.ini, at the bottom,write the following: load_module_resource = (followed by the name of the .brf file you copied). And there you go.

I followed the instructions regarding Itemkinds1.txt but to simplify the rest I copied ALL of the textures and ALL of the .brf files because I didn't want to learn how to use OpenBRF. I also copied all of the "load_module_resource" lines out of the PoP module.ini file and pasted it at the bottom of the Floris module.ini file. This is a very inefficient way of doing things from a programming standpoint  but not from a sanity and time standpoint. I've added a couple weapons, a shield, a horse, and about 8 sets of armor (including 2 female). Then I used Morgh's Tools to bring the stats of those items in-line with their place in the Floris world.

All that said, I have a (new) problem of my own I've yet to resolve: the complete lack of female victory cries. I have several from other mods but I can't get them to play. Sadly, I think this problem might need more than a quick and dirty txt edit. How do add their victory screams?
  10. Ogrecorps

Not all Morgh changes showing up in-game (Modding)

Hello again, everybody!  :D  Duh, monnikje, Windyplains! I'm also waving around at the whole forum in general to Caba'drin wherever he is now... It's nice to be back! Now that we've gotten the hellos out of the way, I have a bit of a problem. For various reasons I decided I wanted to modify the...
  11. Ogrecorps

AAR: The Chronicle of Brother Jerome

A Khergit siege with no helmet... Ballsy.
  12. Ogrecorps

Northcott said:
    Up by 1 city: Curaw. Had Dhirim, too, but the Vaegir took that while the Swads were beating on the Nords. I forgot to mention that one while detailing a fraction of the beating the Nords have been taking. The Swadians are actually making something of a comeback, the Khergits were down to 2 cities at one point, but have rallied, but the Rhodoks and Vaegir are incredibly aggressive.

Sooo... We're just about back to status quo, huh? Thousands of lives and months of war aaaaaand just about back the way it was. At least Aedvord is holding strong with his little piece of the puzzle.
  13. Ogrecorps

Northcott said:
    It's why he hired a priest! Had to balance that bad juju. :wink:

This has been, hands down, the most aggressive game of Warband or Mount & Blade I've ever had.  I've never seen one NPC-run faction so consistently, thoroughly ganged-up on as the Nords have been. Even the Swadians don't normally take this kind of beating! So when I play through a month of game time, the massive flood of events that happens leaves me doing word wall dumps to try and keep up.  The game is currently in early February, so I've got a lot of notes to catch up on. I'll pick away at them over this week.

And yet the north have only lost 1 city! That still puts you up by 2, IIRC... Screenie of the map?

And pace yourself, friend! We don't want to see you burn out!
  14. Ogrecorps

Cue "Ain't no Rest for the Wicked" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBgp5aDH23g  :lol:

By this evidence we can conclude that Aedvord is either blessed in order to have survived so many engagements or he's reaping the punishments for his wicked ways of some time previous.  :mrgreen:
  15. Ogrecorps

Northcott said:
    At this moment, they are struggling to hold off the Swadians, Rhodok, and the Horde all at once. They fight bravely, but this war of attrition is beginning to take its toll.
    Northcott said:
    ... until at the last they dueled before all. Some say it is foolhardy that the Norvordr did not stay his hand and give the king a victory, but Aedvord said he would be ashamed to dishonour his King's fighting spirit so.

I'm not sure I can explain why but those two are my favorite passages from this newest entry! Maybe I like root for seemingly lost causes and the ultimate test between friends... I can't really say but regardless, another fine chapter.

I am curious though, why you didn't just combine the two above posts? They seem to go together as a chapter well enough or the second could be saved for an exciting start to the next chapter.

A 3-front war is a guaranteed loss of marshalship, sadly.  :sad:  Too many villages getting raided, controversy going up, lords refusing to fight with you to protect their own lands... I'm sure such a stain is unwelcome to Norvordr and he is out of bed so soon to try and clear his name - and defend his holdings, lol!
Back
Top Bottom