Recent content by Nuchiha

1. SP Native [WB] Nucz's Warband Tweaks

QWW said:
    What I'm concerned about are any slow and heavy horses. The AI can't properly gauge how much momentum is needed to get a good hit.

The slowest horses were the "non-combat" horses, the Saddle-Horse and the Sumpter Packhorse. The saddle-horse existing solely to be ridden in the inventory, basically so you go faster on the map. It had a speed of 20 I think. The Sumpter Packhorse had a speed of 15, only meant to be kept in your inventory to maintain a high speed while carrying a lot of items (One horse per 5 items I think it was). But since these horses are utility, not many will probably use them.

The slowest actual horse in the game, was the "Destrier" IIRC. I gave it a speed of 30, with the minimum to couch a lance being 25. But since I restarted my project, I think I'll be increasing the general speeds. My plan was that the Destrier being available to Swadians, and only use-able on plains, but even a slight dip or raise in the ground can destroy all of your speed.
  2. SP Native [WB] Nucz's Warband Tweaks

I apologize for neglecting this thread, I didn't expect to get any replies. I think it'd be relevant to add that I'm relatively new to Python as I started in July, and still consider myself new. Although it's much easier considering the ModSys is in plain-text, rather than the jumble of numbers in text-files. I'd also like to add the project has been "restarted" twice, once at the middle of July and once now. The first restart, I forget it was probably due to change of vision. But now I restart due to forgetting where I left off before a short hiatus and I think there was some errors in my work anyways. I'll be referencing or even using my old work, though.

I'd also appreciate any help I can receive, since I am new to Python. But I can also use help historically, on information specifically concerning the Sarranids (Arabic and Iranian IIRC) and the Khergits (Mongols and Turkic). For me finding information on the other "European" nations is a lot easier, probably since I live in the United States. Any suggestions will be read.

QWW said:
    I like what I'm seeing but I am concerned about the AI using horses properly. The AI in the base game can barely use horses as it is.

I am as well, but as it's set up each troop can only use one type of horse (unless I identified them a "high-class"). The Khergits only use more nimble Mares, while Swadian knights use strong stallions. The vast majority will use Geldings though, as they were the most common to what I know.

Average said:
    you said they cannot move while noching, does this mean you made the aim insanely bad when doing this or it un-aims? Because ive noticed my archers will step around when shooting, and they may not realize the fact their bow has been re done. I kinda wanna try this though.

With even slight movement, the bow is "de-nocked". The (N)PC will be forced to nock their arrows again. From my experience the AI handles it well, just takes them a while to fire again. But if the enemy isn't moving left/right a lot, they shouldn't have a problem. But as I'm restarting my mod I may left lower-tier longbows let you move around, since there can be a large weight-draw difference between a hunting bow, and a Welsh/English Longbow. I might even consider locking the highest-tier bow to specific character-creation selections, since the most powerful bows you literally had to train your whole life to use them.

DoctorPainkiller said:
    Seems interesting so far, I like how the throwing weapons are shaping up to sound a lot like the system in Brytenwalda.

A fellow Brytenwalda player, I like their system as well. Although I didn't use their system, mine ended up similar as they did research like I did. Although I can't do indepth research, since I have such a wide variety of cultures to work on. Althought it could be argued I'm lazy, as the Brytenwalda team obviously has much more work, possibly even more cultures. With the Gaels, Welsh, Brythons, Saxons, etc..  I'm unsure of how to go about on the "Eastern" cultures, as the Jarid/Djerid appears to be used solely in an equestrian game.
  3. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Hazzardevil said:
    Epicrules said:
    Doesn't steam workshop have a 200mb upload limit? If that's still the case, the chance of the mod finding itself there is likely very slim.
    What if it was split into several parts?

From what I've read each mod has an ID attached to the end of it due to Workshop, so it's not possible. So instead of "L'aigle v1", you'd get "L'aigle v1-214123", and each person has a different number. This makes multiplayer mods not possible, either since the modules technically have different names.
  4. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Vornne said:
    Nuchiha said:
    Can I have permission to use your code? Even if it's a small tweak, I don't want to steal or copy someone's work w/o at getting permission from them. Which python file is the code in? There's some 118 files and I'd hate to sift through them all.
    Yes, go ahead and use it: the entire PW module system has been released to the public for use under a few conditions (basically: give credit, don't impersonate PW with the mod name), but for such a simple little tweak don't worry about the credit. In case you are wondering, the new weight maximum using the tweak should be 16383.75, by my calculation.

The file the changes apply to is listed on that page - header_items.py. Since the other changes from Native in that file are minimal, you might get away just downloading that file (click the "view" button) to replace the Native header_items.py; otherwise, remove the red lines and add the adjacent green lines to replace them, without the "+" and line numbers at the start of each.

Thank you, Vornne. And I'm giving you credit anyways, it's only fair and it helped me a lot. 16,000+ kilos would be a lot of weight, don't know what could feasibly weigh that much in a person's baggage train. Thanks again, you removed this troublesome limit from me.

-----

I've come under another snag, the "ammunition" box of food, or the amount. I've decided that each "tick" fed one person's meal, and there'd be 3 in a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Naturally I've gotten some large food measurements, such as a barrel of ale (288 "ticks" or pints), however it defaults to some number that I forgot to record. However, the demi-barrel (keg) is stable at "144" ticks. I could probably do with removing barrels, but I would rather not as they can be used as cheap trade-goods.

I'll be seeing if the problem is similar to the weight, if so, I can "reverse-engineer" the solution Vornne gave me and apply it.
  5. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Vornne said:
    Nuchiha said:
    Is there a max weight on items? I set a "wine barrel" to 136-kilograms but ingame it appears as 8.0
    There is an arbitrary item weight maximum of 63.75 (one 0.25 step less than 2^6) imposed by the implementation of the Python module system, but in the item_kinds1.txt file of the module, the weight is unpacked into an individual number that probably has a much higher limit (imposed by the engine code structure). So, you could either remember to change the weight number in item_kinds1.txt after each time you build your module, or you could try change the format used by the Python code when compiling the module system, similar to how it was done for the PW module, commit linked here.

The weight of the wine barrel is 8.0 because the higher bits of the binary representation were discarded (truncated).

That also explains why the "wine keg" was set down from "68" to whatever number it was.

Can I have permission to use your code? Even if it's a small tweak, I don't want to steal or copy someone's work w/o at getting permission from them. Which python file is the code in? There's some 118 files and I'd hate to sift through them all.

And thanks Vornne, doubly so for giving me an exact measurement of the limit. If I can't use it I'll at least know to stay under it, I really hate editing the ".txt" files.
  6. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Is there a max weight on items? I set a "wine barrel" to 136-kilograms but ingame it appears as 8.0
  7. Mesh Location

Kelthin said:
    Go into the commonres folder(outside of your modules, inside the normal folders) and check in there.

Thank you, I found exactly what I needed there. I even found some unused meshes that I might be able to use.
  8. Mesh Location

Where can I find the meshes used in the game? Specifically things that appear in the inventory, and not as objects in scenes. Things like the "tools" or "bread" (I'm probably wrong on bread). I tried looking under "textures" folder in Mount & Blade: Warband, but that's what it was, textures. I...
  9. SP Native [WB] Nucz's Warband Tweaks

Introduction: Nucz's Warband Tweaks (NWT) is a mod that, at the beginning, primarily dealt with the weapons and armour of the vanilla game. This started due to my annoyance that all bows were treated as the same, no differentiation between long- or shortbows. Then, I noticed that horses were...
  10. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

TheMadJester said:
    Why I beg to differ. We have gone off track numerous times about various topics.

On the topic of bombs, was it already discussed on the use of grenades? Mass or player use?

Haven't hand-held grenades fallen out of use long before the Napoleonic Wars?
  11. SP Native Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (v0.96.3 for Warband 1143+WSE)-patch for 115x

Hello, I have a question about this mod's use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEsqoaFa7HQ#t=237

In this video, in the new game "Carribean!" (same guys who made WFAS IIRC), you can at this point see positions such as "shieldwall", "ranks", etc.. Is this mod being used for the game? It's been a while since I used this mod but I immediately remembered it when I saw this.
  12. Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

effemb said:
    does this work for any M&B version higher than 1.143?
    it says on his download page it only supports up to that.
    is development for this no longer being done?

would be awesome to get an update for 1.15x

Mount & Blade only goes up to 1.011 IIRC.  :razz:

But this works with Mount & Blade: Warband 1.158, in ModSys and in .txt format. I'm using it right now.
  13. Coureurs des Bois

This group is considered revived, the founding members (basically the only members) are back.

Frèdèrique de Marseilles has come back from the Ohio Valley, as well as François Baticle from the Louisiana territory.
  14. [AAR: Gekokujo] Peasant Uprising

Satrab said:
    Going strictly proletariat are we? Interesting concept, for me at least, good luck with those archer bandits (I forgot how they were called). They can knock you out very quickly without shields and if I recall correctly this mod doesn't have any!

There's two of them, Woku Pirates and the Ronin. In previous playthroughs I've had several run-ins with both, I find the Ronin more dangerous as they carry Katanas instead of Tantos (I think). And yeah, there are no shields in the mod entirely, sorta changed my playstyle too. I'm finding myself using bows often (In other saves) against my enemies, and having as much distance as possible.

I'll probably actually post the first chapter today, sadly I forgot to take screenshots very early, but we all know who the merchant is.
  15. Comments: 3.0 Released

Well, I had this mod back in 2012, and I got it again. It has come so far in terms of development and refinement, it's amazing. I got the mod again after uninstalling my game due to a weird glitch, so I reinstalled it. Found this mod again and I can't say I've regretted getting the mod.

I've even started an AAR because I enjoy playing it so much. From my knowledge, is the first AAR for Gekokujo. You can find it here
Back
Top Bottom