Recent content by Ninjaman1277

1. I need help with Bannerlord.

Ok,so basicly I have made a kingdom for my self and have 2 vasal clans so far.My question is does giving my vasal clan more fiefs means that they will have a bigger army or does that mean that they will be more richer and thus have more members?My biggest problem is that these 2 vasal clans have...
  2. One of the most important aspects of Medieval life is missing in Mount and Blade: RELIGION

This has been an issue since the original Mount and Blade. I do not know why Taleworlds isn't introducing Religion by any shape or form into the game, considering it is essential in making an authentic medieval simulator which it tries to be.
    For the Nobility, religion was the reason why:
    • You declared wars. In fact, 92% of all Medieval conflicts had a religious cassus belli behind it (Stamford et al., 2009)
    • Some noble marriages worked while others did not. All noble marriages had to be religiously compatible. A Protestant lord marrying a Catholic lady? That can potentially have HUGE political consequences.
    • There was inter-kingdom political divide. Without it, it severely limits political intrigue and espionage
    • Pretty much all edicts, policies, construction of castles, and development of towns had to be validated religiously by the local religious figurehead. Archbishop does not allow expansion of the castle? Well you're ****ed. Or you can bribe him with a hefty "donation" to the Catholic church.
    For the Common Peasant, religion was the reason why:
    • You had good harvests, bad harvests
    • You would spend leisure time (non-working time), often visiting the local chapel several times a day
    • You work hard, be loyal to your lord, and serve your liege in Battle because doing so would reap great rewards in the afterlife (heaven). Recently conquered a region with a different religion? Be ready to have civic unrest
    This is mostly based on Catholicism in Western Europe, but I imagine the significance of Eastern Orthodoxy and Islam was just the same, if not more.

Taleworlds can start by introducing 4 basic types of religions based on the current faction's real-life counterparts. For detailed gameplay mechanics, look no further to CK3
    PAGAN or some creative polytheist Counterpart- Khuzait, Sturgia, Battania
    • No negative penalties, or positive
    Some made-up CATHOLICISM Counterpart- Vlandia
    • Basic negative attitude toward Pagan, Islam religions
    • Basic positive affinity toward Orthodox counterpart
    Some made-up ORTHODOXY Counterpart- Empire
    • Lets say Vlandia's Catholicism counterpart was a religious splinter from the Empire's original religion
    • Positive affinity toward Catholicism counterpart religions
    • Negative affinity toward Pagan, Islam religions
    Some made-up ISLAM Counterpart- Aserai
    • Aserai is the largest faction in-game (both territory and settlement-wise).
    • We can introduce 2 sub-branches of the Islam counterpart religion for some interesting political divide
    Example:
    Sons of Gandir (Quyaz, Sanala, Qasira) >> prefer a more traditional approach of the Islam counterpart religion
    Sons of Uraid (Razih, Husn Fulq) >> prefer a more extremist, war-like interpretation of the Islam counterpart religion
    Yeah,I really don't know why they didn't add something like that.It would really work well for instance to stop one nation steamrolling others (just like in TWM2).And religions can be used as PR campaings (which they were in medieval times).

However I do have to corect you on some points based on my layman opinions:
    This political happening based on marrige differences didn't really happen.After all lords cared more about the money and power and commoners don't give a crap what's their lord's religion as long as he doesn't force them to change theirs.
    Religious figures not allowing construction?I don't know about that,it seems too far fechted.
    Political signifance of Orthodoxy and Islam wasn't more or the same as Catholicism,otherwise they would too have reformation.As far as I know king/emperor (alongside the patriarch) and sultans were both head of their institutions,which means that anything somebody wants to build,the rulers have to know.Also in orthodoxy and islam all believers are equal which means they can't order each other what to do.
  3. Greek fire and Naphtha

It would be cool if some of the tech from roughly the period was implemented like Naphtha which was used in the Middle East. This could be an Aserai special unit or something that can be acquired in the Aserai lands kind of like weak fire grenade that are thrown by hand. If ships are ever added Greek fire could be an Empire special tech. What do you guys think?
    Correct me if I am wrong,but didn't the greeks also use naphtha (which is a greek word meaning oil) as fire granades too?
  4. Buff the spear and pikes!

You mean, historically? A gross oversimplification. Deflecting a spear and closing in, movie-like, is not that easy against spears and shields used by soldiers in a formation where you have more than one line. If spear and shield was such a bad combination, it is hard to understand why it was such a common combo.
    Dude,hate to break it you,but in formation or 1v1 spear and shield will always lose versus shield and sword or axe (I would personally go as far as saying that you can kill spearman (with a shield) with a sword or an axe without a shield).Why do you think Romans were so successful in combat (besides insane amounts of discipline and organization).However spearman that uses the spear with two hands will win in melee against anything except other spearman and probably a soldier using a zweihander.
  5. Patch 1.5.5 - I'ma end this man's whole simping career

I might have missed something,but weren't nobles always able to marry?
  6. Melee cavalry is underpowered at the moment (Suggestions updated)

I still think this whole debacle cuts both ways. Spears and pikes are not deadly enough against cavalry, and cavalry is not deadly enough against infantry. If a sturdy formation of spearmen takes on cavalry, they should be capable of inflicting significant casualties against opposing cavalry. If cavalry charge into a formation of unprepared infantry armed that lack polearms, they should inflict terrifying casualties with little loss to themselves.
    This.
  7. Melee cavalry is underpowered at the moment (Suggestions updated)

I have to disagree with you that cavalry is merely for mobility. There are many documented historical events around the world that showed cavalry charges can singlehandedly turn the tide or being the decisive factor. Think about this, a historical warhorse is about 900+lbs, an average grown man is much smaller than what we are now, at most weighting 150-160lbs (It is documented in WW2, an average dutchman is standing at 167cm, compared to them being the tallest of all men at 183cm). My point is that a warhorse is 5-6 times the weight of an average soldier, thus a shield wall would stand no chance against a cavalry charge.

The only advantages for infantry over cavalry are cheap, numbers, and carrying pikes forming a spear wall. Typical footmen spears would stand no chance against cavalry lances as they are at least 2-3 meters long. However, I think by buffing the cavalry, their cost to recruit and upkeep should be raised multiple times to be more realistic.
    Just to ask,since I am not a historian,but didn't like cavlary in early middle ages (the place Bannerlord takes places) also use spears or at least lances that are long as spears.So if that was the case,couldn't then the spearmen counter the cavlary.Also I am pretty sure that spearmen unit in the time where cavlary used 2-3 m long lances also had kite shields,so I don't think even cavlary would dare to charge them.
  8. If you level up your troops, but don't upgrade them - do they still get stronger?

Well I have noticed that in MB W,MB VC and in Bannerlord,those troops that stay with you for long time,but don't get upgraded get better gear (not all of them though,maybe like 30-40% of the unit) (I think they also gain more in skills,though that's my speculation).Would be cool if they gained ranks (sort of like Total War units) and the higher rank they are the better equipment and skill they gain (would be also awersome if all of the characters in that unit would share the same rank equipment).
  9. [POLL] When did you last play Bannerlord?

I played the game for the first couple of weeks then I stopped.There is no real incentive for me to go back.I expected at least Warband level of development.Don't take this as a hate though,I don't like or dislike the game (for instance I can no longer play regular battles in Warband after playing Bannerlord).I also regularly visit the forums.My expectations are that this game has 2x the advancment (as in options in managment of the economy,state,buildings,character and so on)the BanerPage mod offers,if it can not achieve that,than at least I am hoping 2x the advancment of MB Viking Conquest.
  10. Do looters or bandits raid villages?

I know Floris and several other mods had this too.
    Does Bannerpage have that too?People say it's better than floris.I am using that mod until Bannerlord is complete.
  11. Just another thread about OP Archers.

Sergeants were not under AI. They have been commanded in to shield wall, AI won't do it on it's own. And yes, the way sergeants have been handled by the player in that video leave lot to be desired. The proper way of attacking those archers would be to move them in a formation, rather then ordering them to charge. That way they wouldn't expose their unshielded sides and they would have beaten archers. Moreover once they were in melee, they should have been ordered to drop their shield wall. Shield wall is bad for a melee.
    No no,you misunderstood me.I am not talking about AI controling the army,I am talking about individual AIs in that army.They come to the archers,and instead of spreading out they swarm.
  12. Just another thread about OP Archers.

Not really, I have never said that Archers are OP because Palatine Guards defeat Sargents in shield wall without problems, it was just giving extra information to devs to balance it. Plus not sure if you have noticed it, but most of these Palatine Guards were actually shooting all the time.

Archers are OP because they are too accurate, they perform too many headshots, and because the AI is not able to block effectively.
    Based on the video you sent,the problem seems to rely on Sargeants AI when they get close to them.
  13. Just another thread about OP Archers.

...in hand to hand fighting. Which undermines your whole point about archers been OP.
    Based on what I've seen I am very pleased by AI using shields properly and strafing in the second attempt.However in all three attempts when Sargeants get to archers they swarm around 4-5 enemies and expose their backs to other archers.It's like they don't care for their life at that point.
  14. Why are developers focused on bug fixes rather then adding content?

Development teams do both at the same time, writing new code and fixing the old one. It's not one or the other. Taleworlds is not a single autistic person who can do one thing at a time.
    If your favorite bug isn't fixed for a long time and you think this is inexplicable, it could be that they were planning to rewrite that piece of code from scratch (programmers love this), but they didn't get around to it YET. This in practice is a silly excuse, but people keep making it so they won't need to fix things. Or the person who is supposed to do this has other critical tasks, and others are incompetent or good at avoiding chores like bugfixing. Or each one of the devs is simply evil and doesn't care about your feelings.
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you for this reply.I was just wondering if they are only focusing on fixing bugs or they acctualy make new content.I also have a question though,why don't they make big updates like Satisfactory does and then focus on bugs and then repeat?
Back
Top Bottom