Recent content by Ni

1. Ni

Must have mods

Better Smithing has quickly become one of my favorites. You can bulk craft, smelt, and refine with it, which I love. When you go to smelt, anything you have locked in the inventory wont even show up by default as well. You can't really do anything you couldn't without the mod (unless you turn off smithing stamina), it is just a nice time saver. Although, you can save your builds as well, so if you craft a certain weapon for each party member, you don't have to remember what it was, you just click on your saved build and it shows up in the forge screen. Also, if your just building a weapon to sell for cash, it will show on the forge screen how much the weapon should be worth (provided you don't botch the forge) https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4318?tab=posts&BH=0

Auto Equip Companions is another favorite of mine. It does pretty much what the title of the mod says. After a battle or just anytime you close the inventory screen, if there are weapons or armor that are an upgrade to the type the companion already has equipped, they will equip them. It does go by what is worth the most, so it is not 100% fool proof, but works pretty well. And you can lock items so the companion wont change them. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4489

Better Time. Gives you another arrow on the bottom of the campaign map that moves time along faster than vanilla. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2849

Useful Companions. Does a pretty decent job of putting skills and perks in areas that make sense. No more 180 skilled, one handed weapons, but no attributes to support that skill level. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1033

Bannerlord Auto Trader. Doesn't do anything you can't do on your own. Just saves you from having to look at each item to see if it is above or below the average price. Can set a food level you always want on and when you click auto buy (or whatever it's called, forgot offhand), it will show how much that will cost and you can just click done to buy it. I typically run small parties for a long time, so it is nice just to set it up to keep all food levels between 5 and 10. Can also set it up to automatically sell weapons and armor below a certain level, so you can easily sell the trash loot. Wont sell anything you have locked. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/135

Encyclopedia Extender shows a lot more info in the encyclopedia. You can actually see the skills of wanderers before hireing them along with some other stuff. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3721

I do believe most every mod I listed has the dependencies you mentioned. I just grabbed the latest ones and everything works for me on the latest buid.

Don't know about must have, but I do like Kill Counters. Just shows the amount of bandits/troops characters have killed. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3793

Ones that are fun and I use but don;t consider must haves:

My Little Warband. This allows you to create custom troop trees. This can be pretty OP if you let it, even if you keep the "cheats" turned off, since you can give your troops items better than the AI will have, along with slightly higher skills. So I usually just copy a vanilla troop and paste it into the custom troop tree and maybe do some tweeks, making some stuff a bit stronger and others a bit weaker. Also you can hire these custom troops from any town or villiage, so my personal rule is to only hire them from my home territory if at war. Also I do seem to get a bug with the mod that locks the game up if I'm running more than one campain at a time, but this could just be me as I've seen no one else complain about it.. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3164

Take Hideouts is fun. You can buy or take over bandit hideouts. You can stash items or troops there, and send out bandit parties (though I haven't done that yet). It is a bit cheaty since any troops stationed there do not get paid (and they don't care). Last I read, paying garrison wages is on the to do list. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2178
  2. Ni

I want to see infantry, archers, cavalry etc in the party screen

Look at your clan page, it's one of those tabs (cant recall which one offhand). Your party breakdown will be listed at the top of the page.
  3. Ni

Yet Another Forced Update

Man I'm glad I'm not a game dev.

Fans: Your game sucks .... FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 GRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111
    Devs: This should fix it.
    Fans: STOP FIXING YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 ARE YOU STOOOOOPIDDDDDDDDD???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

And last I checked, Steam, not Taleworlds forces games to update. Since Steam got tired of people complaining about broken games that the users never bothered to update, Steam took the option away. Personally if I have a heavy modded game or one I know is going to get drastic changes (looking at you Stellaris) I play offline until I'm done with that playthrough.
  4. Ni

I've been scammed by developers

Ok, the game is unplayable from full release and i asked for a help only i got information that my issue was "While we are still investigating the issue, there is not a definite fix that we can offer on it at the moment" Hell with them, fix it or give my money back. I have paid for it and i want playable. Shame on them.
    What issue did you have?
  5. Ni

TW you should be ashamed of yourselves

Yeah, a visual glitch is much more important than bugs that can crash or freeze up the game. :roll:
  6. Ni

Cavalry AI downgrade in full release ?

I've been experimenting more with cavalry, not actual tests as in setting up battles with a mod, but just trying various things in game. For me anyway, it seems as though chaos is the key. Once the enemy is engaged with my foot troops or turning around trying to defend or attack horse archers, the melee cavalry seems to work much better.

I usually wait until the enemy is just getting into bow range and "F6" my horse archers (they don't even have to be Khan's Guards, any of them survive pretty well), have the infantry advance or charge, "F6" my melee cavalry, most times they will split up to protect the flanks and just sit there or go after enemy cavalry, and while this is going on my archers are getting shots into troops (some of which have their back turned trying to defend against the horse archers). About the time my infantry clashes with the enemy the melee cavalry will charge in to protect them (sometimes it requires manually getting them to group up again if they are tangled up with other cav units, then charging).

So cavalry isn't the old "fire and forget" unit that it was in the past (Warband), but they do seem to have their uses, even if it might be just keeping the enemy cavalry busy, they just seem to need some micro managing. Still, it is an expensive unit to upgrade and I seem to get stuck in quite a few "cavalry unfriendly" maps, so I usually only keep a small cavalry force.
  7. Ni

Two somewhat maybe random questions

The troops who carry banners for their formation (whether they start with them or pick them up because the original bearer died) get counted under the Routed troops currently, for some reason.

The part about bearer banners in archer/horse archer formations charging in to die sounds like a pain.
    Ok, just double checked who was routing, and what you said lines up perfectly for who is shown as routing. Thanks!
  8. Ni

1) When you say deserting, I presume you mean the white flag? If so, that's ROUTING, meaning their morale dropped too low within the fight itself, they are still in your army. If you do mean deserting (as in after the fight), it's likely because you took on too many troops from the post-battle menus.

2) "Choices."
    Yup, I meant routing. In past versions I've never seen this unless I was badly losing troops in a fight. In this case it is happening even against looters, I'm training up some recruits. There are zero losses, and it is the higher tier troops that show up as routing, not the recruits. This can happen even if I just let my bowmen take out every bandit without them even getting close enough to attack. In fact, on an infantry only fight, the cavalry units I tell to stay put (well away from the fight) are some of the ones that show up as routing.

My troops morale is constantly low to mid 80's at this point in the game, and myself and my companions also have various perks to raise morale during fights.
  9. Ni

1) Why after every battle does the results screen show some of my troops deserting routing? Is this just a visual bug? My troops have over 80 morale, I haven't personally seen anyone run away, and this happens even against looters when there are zero losses? 2) This one is more of a slight...
  10. Ni

Pacifists of Calradia

One and a half years of peace now
    My game is just the opposite. Playing as a Battanian vassal, and as soon as one war ends, another begins. Sometimes we will be on two wars at once, as soon as the second war starts, we peace out of the first one. I'm lucky if I have five days in a row with no war, my garrison has tons of random recruits and trash units I've "rescued", just because I have no time to train them. I am using the Diplomacy mod though, so that may have something to do with it, I just don't remember the Diplomacy mod being so warlike, but I am using mods so ......

Weird thing is, a lot of empires that are declaring on us show around the same strength in the diplo screen, but when I go in they have one ok sized army and a bunch of smaller vassals running around with trash units. It's like they aren't taking the time to build up and actually be ready for war.

I am enjoying the battles a lot more than I did a year ago (last time I played), so there's that. Just wish I could build up a decent defense in my town so I feel ok venturing more than a days travel away from it lol
  11. Ni

How hard would it be to create a "rest until healed" mod?

This similar mod seems fairly lightweight https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4432 provided you can program in C#
    Thanks, I'll take a look. I haven't programed anything in over 20 years ..... and that was just simple stuff, so it'll probably make me go cross eyed :mrgreen:
  12. Ni

Should recruits have shields?

I don't know about giving them shields, although I suppose if we were going to be realistic, some recruits would fashion a weak shield out of something, even if it was just a barrel lid.

If we had the ability to assign troops into different formations (like we used to) in the party menu this would solve a lot of problems. Get a bunch of recruits and go after looters, then when they leveled up to having a shield, create a second infantry unit with the recruits and just have the "experienced" ones stand in front and take the brunt of the damage on their shields as they all advance.

I did laugh/grimace when I told my infantry to form a shield wall and half the infantry with shields was in the second rank leaving a lot of recruits in the front rank .... with no shield :mrgreen:
  13. Ni

Charge damage

In Warband, cavalry was so powerful, even against spear infantry, that the forums were full of posts on how to make a system where infantry can hold its own against cavalry. It's funny that with Bannerlord, which has this system, people are complaining about cavalry being too weak. I get it, there are still bugs with cavalry and especially lance use, but they're not as weak as it's being made out. If cavalry is not moving and just duking it out with infantry, it should take losses, all the power comes from the momentum and charge from the mount, if the mount is just standing there, then I see nothing wrong with cavalry taking losses. The AI does seem to try and disengage cavalry if it can, but if the infantry is rows deep, then the cavalry is going to get stuck after a charge. Again I see nothing wrong with this, a bunch of infantry already died and if they kill the cavalry before they can disengage, then that's the way it should be.
    Actually I think the AI is pretty decent with cavalry, I see them cycle charge a lot. They will smash through army ranks and if necessary, fight their way free if they get stuck in the enemy ranks. Then they charge off, turn around charge in again, just like they should.

But they just aren't that effective, I can mop up the field much quicker using infantry or archers, and if they die they are easier to replace and no horse needed to upgrade. I don't want a repeat of the 100% Swadian Knight armies I used to create that would decimate any army 3 times my size with no losses (and even take castles ... except for the Nords lol), but I do believe cavalry should at least do better versus lightly armored troops if they get stuck in and have to swing a sword. And a cavalry charge against archers should be a scary thing, as it is ... I don't worry too much about cavalry charging my archers, if they don't get shot off their horse (the AI doesn't seem to raise its shield nearly enough), they often times get stuck and my archers chop them up. Granted, up to a third of my army composition is usually archers, so that may have something to do with it.

But we can all discuss this until we are blue in the face, different players will use different tactics and have their own strengths and weaknesses, it's very possible that I'm just better at managing archers and infantry than I am at managing melee cavalry.
  14. Ni

How hard would it be to create a "rest until healed" mod?

I think this is a pretty niche thing that maybe I'm the only one who would even use it. I'm wondering how hard it would be to make a mod that would add an extra option that would show up anywhere you can rest that said "Rest until healed". I like leaving the army behind to go out and train...
  15. Ni

Charge damage

Yeah, cavalry aren't what they used to be in Warband. In Warband they were a "fire and forget" troop; F1, F3 then go about controlling your other troops and just watch the battle feed show your cavalry slaughtering the enemy.

In Warband, cavalry were good at creating chaos in the enemies lines which made the fight easier for your other troops. In Bannerlord I find that I use other troops to create the chaos, then send in the melee cavalry. Some horse archers sent in first can get the enemy to start turning around and facing the the wrong direction when the melee cavalry come charging in. Breaking up the melee cavalry into a few different units helps as well, as the will attack from different directions.

Still, with that said my army is only mostly cavalry at the start of a new game, and this is more for the fast map speed. I can easily catch the bandit parties to start making some money, train personal skills, and run away from anything too big to handle. Once I can start to afford riding mounts for foot troops my army composition will be heavily foot troop based. I might have 10 cavalry for every 100 troops, the battles just go faster and I find it easier to beat groups larger than mine. For me, cavalry is just for mop up duty unless I do the occasional 100% horse archer army.

Enemy cavalry just don't scare me anymore. In Warband if my horse stopped I'd panic, I'd frantically look around to see what direction the couched lance was coming in ready to one shot me. In Bannerlord after over 700 hours, I think I've been hit by a couched lance maybe twice.

Not sure what could be done to improve melee cavalry while not making them overpowered, but for now I just see them as a waste of money and horses. I know you "can" make them work, but for me, foot troops just perform much better.
Back
Top Bottom