Two somewhat maybe random questions

Users who are viewing this thread

1) Why after every battle does the results screen show some of my troops deserting routing? Is this just a visual bug? My troops have over 80 morale, I haven't personally seen anyone run away, and this happens even against looters when there are zero losses?

2) This one is more of a slight annoyance and not really a question. Why does my horse archer who is holding a banner, decide to go charging into the enemy line. I mean it's not like he has a lowish hit point horse, a mediocre one handed skill, and light armor .... ok, he does. And yeah, I get why he does it, if he's holding a banner he can't use his bow. Why didn't TW just have cavalry attach the banner to the saddle? And I'm about possitive the answer is "no", since this is probably something that doesn't bug most people, but anyone know of a mod that does this? I don't mind losing troops, it happens, but if they are going to just suicide into enemy lines, I'll probably just take the banner away.

EDIT: said "deserting" and meant routing

Last edited:
1) When you say deserting, I presume you mean the white flag? If so, that's ROUTING, meaning their morale dropped too low within the fight itself, they are still in your army. If you do mean deserting (as in after the fight), it's likely because you took on too many troops from the post-battle menus.

2) "Choices."

1) When you say deserting, I presume you mean the white flag? If so, that's ROUTING, meaning their morale dropped too low within the fight itself, they are still in your army. If you do mean deserting (as in after the fight), it's likely because you took on too many troops from the post-battle menus.

2) "Choices."
Yup, I meant routing. In past versions I've never seen this unless I was badly losing troops in a fight. In this case it is happening even against looters, I'm training up some recruits. There are zero losses, and it is the higher tier troops that show up as routing, not the recruits. This can happen even if I just let my bowmen take out every bandit without them even getting close enough to attack. In fact, on an infantry only fight, the cavalry units I tell to stay put (well away from the fight) are some of the ones that show up as routing.

My troops morale is constantly low to mid 80's at this point in the game, and myself and my companions also have various perks to raise morale during fights.

The troops who carry banners for their formation (whether they start with them or pick them up because the original bearer died) get counted under the Routed troops currently, for some reason.

The part about bearer banners in archer/horse archer formations charging in to die sounds like a pain.

The troops who carry banners for their formation (whether they start with them or pick them up because the original bearer died) get counted under the Routed troops currently, for some reason.

The part about bearer banners in archer/horse archer formations charging in to die sounds like a pain.
Ok, just double checked who was routing, and what you said lines up perfectly for who is shown as routing. Thanks!

2) This one is more of a slight annoyance and not really a question. Why does my horse archer who is holding a banner, decide to go charging into the enemy line.
Because it can't shoot it's bow and nobody at TW though about this or tested it. If you park them to shoot and don't charge them, it should be okay.

Huh, I never noticed this. TIL.

Back
Top Bottom