Recent content by mymee

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

yeah ruby glaive is no shield unfortunately, I think if it were a bit slower it would actually work better as a lance, but then that makes it useless on foot as a glaive

I really like the sapphire 2h on horseback actually. Even though you don't get a shield, the speed and reach of the 2h can intercept knights just as well, if you know how to engage them at an angle that is. Lances force head-on collisions, which despite player skill there's a chance you miss judge their speed/distance and get wiped in one hit. With the 2h you just snake and lure them, then strike from the side without as much fear of being couched. Plus it allows you to deal very effectively with archer lines.

ANYWAY I just wanted to say I love the sapphire 2h :grin:

Another very quick q: can you maintain positive relations with all minor factions? I spent an eon getting to +10 or so relations with the snake cult. I leave for a couple days and come back, bam they're -5. Seems almost impossible my faction attacked them, seeing as how we were at +10. And even if they got dragged into some 3-way engagement, it should still decrease relations by even numbers, so honestly not sure how it became -5.
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

cool beans thanks zykox, I'ma go try this out

I personally really like spears too, just really don't wanna give up the reach of lances. Which spear do you prefer the most though, just the good ol' warspear?
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Alright, so not really a PoP question and more or a warband question, but because you guys are awesome maybe someone can help me out.

I'm really interested to know how the speed bonus is calculated. Or rather, more specifically, how the swing speed affects the speed bonus.

I have 2 polearms, one is a glaive with 43p thrust and 83 weapon speed, the other is a lance with 30p thrust and 85 weapon speed. Though they have similar weapon speeds, I find that the lance thrusts a bit slower.

Despite trying to do a little testing, which usually fails because I can't account for all the variables such as armor and speed and part of body hit, I feel like the lance does slightly more damage. I don't know if it's because the slower thrust increases the animation window of getting the best speed bonus, and I'd really like to know exactly how this works, or know enough so I can pick the better weapon.

I also tried this with a 65p 1h axe with ~100 speed and a 65c 2h sword with ~135 speed. This isn't the best comparison, obviously, since they do different damages. But I was just checking the speed bonus alone, and it almost seems like again the slower weapon gets more speed bonus. Maybe I'm just not observing clearly enough, but does anyone else know a bit about how speed bonus works?
  4. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

thanks for the help guys, training up my CKHO has never been more fun!

I'm on to weapons now that I gave them some decent armor. I have a few questions though about weapon switching behavior. Let's say I gave my knights a 1h weapon, 2h weapon, polearm, and shield, how often will they switch, and will they switch appropriate to the situation? For example if they're facing a cav charge they'd pull our their polearm, and when facing archers pull out 1h + shield, and when facing infantry pull out 2h? I feel like this is a bit too complex for the AI, which is why I'm trying to decide on weapons after I understand how their weapon switching works.

And let's say another setup I'm thinking would be 1h, shield, bow and arrows. I also want them to act as cav archers. Some AI cav archers like jatu troops will skirmish around enemy lines, pulling out their 1h + shield when necessary. Will my troops do this as well? Can I force them into skirmish mode somehow? What if I limited their equip to just bow + arrow + arrow + arrow? What happens then, will they shoot the entire time and have triple the quivers to do it? How about 1h, shield, thrown + thrown. Will they know to use both throwing weapons during a charge before closing for melee?

I feel like 3 weapons would be too much for the AI to handle, so I'm thinking probably two works best. But what happens to 1h/2h combined weapons, like the noldor warsword? Will the AI shield appropriately, and 2h when appropriate as well? If they can't do this switching behavior, it might be best to just give them a 1h to be safe.

Anyway hope you guys understand what I'm trying to ask. It's just mostly being able to make sure the weapon switching behavior works optimally.
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I noticed I can train my knights/seargents in non-combat skills as well (at least I think that's the case). So my question is, do any of the noncombat skills such as pathfinding, tracking, prisoner management etc actually have any effect? Like perhaps for a party of knights which spawn, if I trained up their pathfinding, will they be faster? Tactics too for that matter. Will anything other than combat skills be used by CKHO troops?

Also, just to ask this here, what's the cap on attributes needed by CKHO troops to wear the best armor/wield the best weapons? Would 30str 30agi cover it?
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

regarding CKHO training: is 4 one wk training session equal to 1 four wk training session?

I tried adjusting the txt file to tweak the training time, but when I ask one of my companions to train the order troops it still pops up with 1 week to 4 weeks training time

so I figured I'll just test it out to see how long they need, which is why I'd rather test the 1 wk out first if there's no difference
  7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

this might sound dumb, but where is Ediz

is he upstairs somewhee? I've gone two months, have all 19 companions besides him

where art thou Ediz I need you for my minister :'(
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

awesome, thanks zykox

just a few more and I should be good to go:

1) can you set target preferences? ie tell your archers to preferentially target enemy archers, cavalry, etc.?

2) can you move troops using the "backspace" menu? I seem to recall being able to left click on the map that opened when I had a group selected, and that group would hold ground at the location I clicked. I may be dreaming though.

3) any way to change that "L" both opens log and forms wedge with cav? what are all the troop formations again? I remember reading it was sort of a side mod added and it gave archers staggered formation, infantry shield wall, etc.
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

1) Can you crouch? I don't mean couch with a lance, I mean kneel down to make yourself a smaller target to archers.

2) Does it matter what skills your minister has?

3) I just made my CKHO, and with zero training and **** equipment they were so grateful I gave them a chapter house they spawned an army of 300 knights + seargents. Then they died to some Jatu. Will I get another stack of these? Preferably after they've finished some of their upgrades? Do upgrades transfer? As in if this stack was still alive (unlikely) when my upgrades finish, will troops in this stack upgrade their stuff as well?

4) Who are the best horse archers besides me, companions, and CKHO troops and Noldor? I.e. anything I can field with relative ease. I heard good things about Ravenstern mounted rangers, and I personally like Singalians. But any other preferences?

5) What happens to the mercenaries I hire if they either a) die or b) become dismissed. Will they ever come back or be hireable again?

6) Lances or spears for companions/CKHO troops? I have seen, albeit rarely, my companions with lances actually couch them and make them do work. Most of the time though, even if they have a secondary weapon, they'll just sit there tickling some enemy 2 inches in front of their horse. Makes me really want to reconsider giving my CKHO lances. Are spears any better? Glaives?
  10. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

AlphaOmega said:
    Morgh's and tweakMB would probably take care of both meddling options

Awesome thanks for this. Turns out it does exactly one part, which is the no more bickering/desertion. The description didn't mention editing companion stats or importing companions though. But I did find you can just edit their atr using cheats, which I don't like to do but doesn't seem like there are other options.

Is there a file somewhere, a txt file perhaps just like my char import file that I can edit, except for companions? That at least feels more legit, end results will be the same however.
  11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Is there a way to mod/edit companions so that:

1) no more morale hit when two companions dislike each other, OR make sure they don't leave the party even if they do so that I can recruit the maximum number of companions and keep them without maintenance?

2) to be able to edit certain companion stats such as their skills and attributes?

I've played this mod for a long time, over 1000hr probably, and every time I can import my old character who's become almost godly by now. I would love to be able to import companions but sadly that's not possible afaik. So I thought the next best thing is to tweak their atr so they seem like they've accompanied me for years, because they probably have.
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

oh it's because I have no lords haha

I don't want to give it to a companion temporarily and end up having to treason him/her later either...
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

So here's what happened: I conquered Seven Cross, Ethos, then Shieldstorm in that order; I deferred lord appointment for them all. Now I only want to keep Shieldstorm for myself, but I can't seem to access the option. The only option I get is "I want to keep Seven Cross Keep for myself" because that's the first unassigned fief I have. Anyway to get around this? I really don't want that extra dozen fiefs... tax inefficiency and what not.
  14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Do pendor recruits still show up if you choose pendor as your kingdom's culture? I've got 4 troop holding fiefs and only my first ever castle has a few pendor recruits.
  15. Leveling companions into fighters

I have most of my companions in the early 20's. They all have at least 18str and 12agi for a set of armor and mounts I gave them. Afterwards I invest some points into int to get their training skill up. Now I'm at a loss as to what to invest the additional attribute points, skill points, and wp...
Back
Top Bottom