Recent content by Mirshko Ordo

1. Mirshko Ordo

Need More Info Game unplayable: Crashes with error message: “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture failed

Setting Vsync to full seemed to help.
    I did it before but I guess it got reset after update.

edit:
    it helped for a while, now crashes are back, sometimes every 5-15 minutes
    2021-08-11_20.01.01_a01ab0c67d394d5271c7bc92ec29d7e7
    whenever the game crashed like that for me, it would reset all the settings. This would turn vsync back off, so you'll need to turn it back off. to make sure it takes, I always rebooted the game after turning it on, checking to make sure it was still on, then playing. that usually does it for me now, though it will still crash on occasion
  2. Mirshko Ordo

Need More Info Game unplayable: Crashes with error message: “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture failed

I've recently found that Vsync on full (video settings tab) and turning on Nvidia DLSS (performance settings tab) significantly reduced the frequency of the error. it only happens every once in a while now instead of every 4 minutes
  3. Mirshko Ordo

Need More Info Crashes with error message: “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture failed

after a couple days of extra playing with settings, I've found that Vsync on full and turning on Nvidia DLSS significantly reduced the frequency of the error. it only happens every once in a while now instead of every 4 minutes
  4. Mirshko Ordo

Need More Info Crashes with error message: “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture failed

welp, turns out that was only good for one play session. I played a couple hours fine, then left and came back a few hours later, played 15 minutes, then crashed again when engaging some looters. dump id is: 2021-08-06_04.58.20_c5a5f7c121b25346f537efc99ac6c5b5
  5. Mirshko Ordo

Vsync seems to be working so far, but we'll see if that holds after more playing. if that ends up being the fix, thank you so much, if not, then I'll send the crash log and update the info here
  6. Mirshko Ordo

I've updated the drivers and OS, my page file is currently incredibly large (changed that 2 days ago), but I'll try with Vsync and get back to you. wait one...
  7. Mirshko Ordo

Summary: it has happened a hundred times in the last 2 days, and at random times. I can almost never play a fight, often can't load save, and sometimes can't even adjust settings or stay in the main menu. the game freezes then pops up saying d3d_device_context_-> Map at...
Back
Top Bottom