Recent content by mikemayday

1. My Observations on the New Version

UniversalWolf said:
    mikemayday said:
    I think what would make the strategy in Warband a lot more interesting is some strategic intelligence displayed on the map- approximate enemy positions supplied by your scouts...
    That's an interesting idea.  I can envision some little ambiguous icons appearing on the map in places where enemy parties are reported.  It might not be substantially more information than you get when the game tells you, "Enemy patrols spotted near town-x," but it might make it easier to maintain awareness.  I could see this being dependent on your kingdom policies and your relationship with nearby villages and towns, too.

Yep. I had envisioned large arrows pointing in the general direction of the party/army, their size indicating the approximate army size. Their position would only mark the general area where the party is located. And the matter of relations with the given centre is interesting too (though remember it is your scouts supplying the info, so I guess negative relations would make scouting slightly more costly, while positively aligned centres would give all necessary help to your scouts).

All in all the only thing capable of successfully raiding your non-border villages is a small party with high path-finding and stealth skills.

And of course the larger the area you want to scout, the more you have to pay. Supplies, fresh horses (those dudes need to carry orders and intelligence quickly), personnel- it all takes good money.

(these are just ideas on how I'd do it in a game like this, I assume they're nigh impossible to mod in).
  2. My Observations on the New Version

UniversalWolf said:
    I would like to be able to build a barracks in a village, and then deposit a garrison of troops there to defend against raiding lords.

This has always been my instinct too, but then I realized- that never happened. And you know why? Because it's not profitable. Or at least it SHOULDN'T be.
    I'm looking forward to the day when money becomes a real problem in Silverstag. Warband isn't so great in terms of gameplay for me (the battles are great but get boring pretty quickly) but Silverstag is looking to pose an interesting challenge from an economic (and a bit of strategic) point of view.

Why is strategy a problem here? See, realistically, an enemy riding party deep within your territory would either have to be small and stealthy (and therefore sooner or later intercepted by your patrols) or large (and therefore would form a slow military front that you can prepare and counter if you're a marshal). As it is, even the hugest military fronts remain invisible to you- but SOMEHOW, all the other AI lords always know exactly where every single one of them is.

I think what would make the strategy in Warband a lot more interesting is some strategic intelligence displayed on the map- approximate enemy positions supplied by your scouts (refreshed the more often the closer they were). Combine that with a larger speed penalty for larger armies (and I mean ARMIES- groups of lords) and you can finally get some real strategy going on. More challenge!
  3. General Questions

I can confirm this.
  4. Caravans

Nah binary, you can get one at the very beginning with Silverstag. Just a "bit" of unbalance that will soon be removed (or so I've heard) :smile:
  5. Caravans

Yeah, I have the same problem. Though it appears Windy processed the tickets sumbitted in the Support tab with no trouble.

Submitting tickets only works in the support tab and I can't leave comments in the tickets once they're processed.
  6. The Indictment Spiral

The Indictment Spiral was one of the most annoying features of Native to me (and the reason I stopped playing it). I had high hopes for Silverstag for many reasons, among those the inclusion of a fix of this problem. However, I'm in day 400 now and there are roughly 5-10 indictments a day...
  7. Abilities

I love the way that OP ended  :lol:
  8. My Observations on the New Version

Yo, what are the main bugs introduced in 0.21?

EDIT: Also, since it's not fixed in 0.21 I'd like to divert your attention to this little bug as it's driving me insane:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/windyplains/support/tickets/1140-when-a-gaoler-has-useful-contacts--you-get-a-triple-offloading-message-no-matter-if-you-have-pris---#/activity/ticket:
  9. Lots of autoloot problems

Ok then, that explains much :smile:
    Out of curiosity, were they so in Native?
  10. Lots of autoloot problems

Hey there! Back with some questions:

1. Since I've been fighting quite some sea riders lately... a comparison:

KITE SHIELD: hp 480 wght 2.5 res 1 size 180 spd 82
    THICK HUSCARL'S ROUND SHIELD: hp 457 wght 4.5 res 21 size 100 spd 81

The Kite shield (while worth one thousand gold less) is rated higher.
    The first problem is the Kite Shield's nominal size- despite being a much smaller model than a Board Shield, it has an insanely high size rating (180 vs 85x143 !!!)
    The second is that I feel the hp rating is meaningless all by itself- you need to measure it against the shield's resistance. 200 hp 20 resistance is MUCH better than 400hp 1 resistance. And yet, all the res 1 shields are the highest rated in the game (Kite shield, Thick Fur shield etc.)

2.After a war with the Rodocks and trusting the autoloot system, my whole party has Military Hammers as their main weapon. This is kinda weird, considering blunt weapons were supposed to be weaker in exchange for their ability of knocking out instead of killing. And it's a little wee bit boring :wink:

3.Price. What's kinda weird here, is that some of the best weapons are also the cheapest. A fighting axe (worth 77 gold), is one of the best one-handed weapons- rated higher than a Long Arming Sword, which is worth seven times as much!

4.Despite two scavengers and a party Looting skill of 7, I never get any mail shirts from fighting the Sea Riders, just Byrnie Chains. Is there something amiss?
  11. General Questions

Windyplains, could you please confirm if the tickets I've previously posted were posted correctly? I know some of them (regarding autoloot) may have been wrong, but now I've got a real doozy- after a successful siege, all my 240 troops were knocked out :grin: I wanted to make sure if I'm doing it right before posting a ticket.
  12. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Muchas gracias, DV!
  13. Lots of autoloot problems

Well, a one point difference then :smile: Might have been some other, similar scimitar.

Looks like range is the only problem here, does it matter for the NPCs even? I know I have quite a few problems hitting with a 70 compared to a 100.
  14. Lots of autoloot problems

So I did the math with the weapons and it checks out- according to the system, a Chipped One Handed Axe is a better weapon than an Elite Scimitar.

Now, I'm no expert to the game, so if you guys can confirm this- I guess I'll stick to deferring to the system's judgement.
  15. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

Jezze said:
    It does not really help popularity when you announce a certain feature, then have to cancel it half-way, and disappoint the people who were excited about it.

Well, Bethesda does that all the time :wink:
Back
Top Bottom