Recent content by McDadden

1. McDadden

Infinite Armies

@AnandaShanti
    You had me lol there. True words. I feel your pain 100%
  2. McDadden

41 Lords in prison and still no peace? patch 1.5.10

Thanks for pointing that out mexxico. Unfortunately this does change in the late game where factions that are completely beaten will still demand tribute if you want peace. Otherwise the few remaining lords will continue raiding villages and being a nuisance.
  3. McDadden

Feedback on Prison Breaks

I've done numerous breakouts and i've always had my civ gear regardless of sneaking in or entering a neutral town. There are several 2h swords you can make that are short, super fast and deal enough dmg to one or two hit just about any guard. Entering neutral towns and breaking out whoever is the best way to gain roguery. Also pick whoever is the cheapest, it's the same amount of xp regardless of who you break out.
    My main complaint is the prisoner should hang back and let me do the work.
  4. McDadden

About BFC and KKG balance

I agree they are the best two units in the game, but there will always be a best unit in the game. Increasing their daily cost wont prevent most players from farming large armies of them. I almost always run a daily deficit but dont worry about it because of the large loot hauls I trade in along with ransoms.
  5. McDadden

Reworked Economy tied to troop Upgrades

Is there a way that there could be a screen added to cities for troop upgrades? It seems strange to be wondering around the world and at any moment I can decide to throw some denars at a man with a shirt and pitchfork and poof; now he's a soldier with a shield and sword or a bow. What if you had...
  6. McDadden

Balancing Castles/Cities

Agree on all points. Castles are and should be military centers and cities economic ones
  7. McDadden

Infinite Armies

To reply to the op, many have voiced grief over this issue. Army spam is a fact of life in bannerlord. While I also find it annoying and there are some tweeks that could be made, there is something that is overlooked if they went too far. People want the wars to have impact and meaning, but imagine if after a handful of major battles the enemy faction is sapped and you can roll over them. A few battles doesn't take long to play out in real time. I'm just pointing out there's a balance to be had and you don't wanna throw out the baby with the bathwater
    There are so many nobles that spawn with 15-30 troops. Math is simple, it doesn't take long and they have several hundred troops and can repeat that forever
  8. McDadden

The epitome of the catastrophical "design" decisions - the lack of Court

Agree with everything said here. Many have been saying for a while there needs to be more to do. I love the gameplay loop, but over time it gets stale and need something to break up the monotony and make it feel more like a living world.
  9. McDadden

Huge Army Battles

Agree with several of the others. Keeping control of your formations is the key to surviving the big battles. It would be nice if the ai enemy would try to reform their own ranks and counter attack.
    As far a controlling the entire army, the only real ways to do it is either form your own army or be the leader of the faction. The latter is the best way because no matter how many troops are involved or regardless if it's an army or not you will still control everyone. I personally love this feature.
  10. McDadden

How Do You Retreat?

A major problem I have with the retreat mechanic is that it is very exploitable if you want it to be and useless when you don't. If you have all archers, you can set up a line and wait til they get close and retreat then rinse and repeat til they're all dead. If you're actually losing and want to get away, sorry but you'll go back to the same battle screen just to redeploy and get beaten again. Once you're in the battle, you're there til it's over.
  11. McDadden

Arrow Deflection Feedback

I forgot I ever had the perk. I took way too many arrows trying for it, so now I just run in zig zags toward any archers aiming at me.
  12. McDadden

I seriously can't take the stupidity of the game any more (19 enemy lords all raiding just my city's villages at the same time)

@Midnitewolf: While I understand a lot of your frustration with this particular aspect of the game, I don't think it's very helpful to improve anything to dedicate a thread complaining about it with no input or constructive thoughts. Even more important is this issue is currently being squashed with new patches and has been explained in detail by the dev team. You put the the time in to make this post, but you should put some time aside to read the newest patch notes or the host of videos made by content creators on them.
  13. McDadden

Yet Another Smithing Suggestion (YASS?)

Well put. I know nothing about code, but it definitely adds food for thought for the devs while they work on the overhaul. I really agree about learning parts. It's so annoying to be over 300 smithing but I can't make the sword I want because I don't know the right recipes. All while having crafted dozens if not hundreds of swords in the process.
  14. McDadden

How wars should IMO go vs how they actually go

I like suggestions 1 and 3. I don't think the second would work considering you carry your own food around. I do think ai lords should have to purchase horses to upgrade and cav units should have a lot more upkeep in both food and gold than they currently do to compensate for their power in battle live and auto resolve.
    I do think agree with the op that a lot of the army spam is due to anti snowball, but I also agree with apocal that people want large battles and so the devs made sure we had em. I just think they got a little heavy handed with how that was implemented and so the battles don't have any weight to them.
Top Bottom