Recent content by Matim

1. Matim

EU Native Duel In-progress European Duel Tournament Edition VI (87 players)

your nickname: Shok
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/72540163945623/
    I have read and agree to abide by the tournament rules.
  2. Matim

EU Native Duel In-progress European Duel Tournament Edition VI (87 players)

Your Nickname : Matim
    Your Steam profile : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015222836/
    I have read and agree to abide by the tournament rules.
  3. Matim

Racism as soon as I enter the game

and dont get me wrong, the guys in the screenshot deserve to be banned just for the fact that they are german but you also need to acknowledge that they try to divert their flame from calling you trash at the game to something more irrelevant, at least that's what I see in the chat you've posted, whole picture might be different
  4. Matim

I'm sorry, but that's incredibly petty argument. First you insist that he's supposed to listen his betters(?) and then he is supposed to mute everybody and be confused why he's kicked. Come on you can do better. And please let's not act that skirmish and especially matchmaking skirmish is some super tryhard competitive mode. It's simply just small scale battle with multiple spawns. You can tryhard it as much as you want but it always makes me chuckle when players are doing it in matchmaking.
    yeah for competitive you need to be able to distinguish whether a person is giving you an instruction that you can follow or if their intention is to make you suffer because if you confuse these 2 then you will have a terrible time in competitive
  5. Matim

Again, none of that was the case. These are not concerned players that want to make the game better and try to help at first glance. They were straight up aggressive wirh little to no motive and called me several slurs I get to get a reaction out of me or out of anger for them being bad at the game and blaming me for it, so i dont see any valid reason to defend or justify this behaviour.

And even if the community is alive I see little to no good reason to not punish this behaviour. Racists and aggresive players exist everywhere but when a closed community such as this doesnt deal with toxicity it ends up blowing in the face of everyone. Ive seen it happen and several times in M&B and literally most of the drama can be avoided if players like this learned to act like normal people
    i dont know why are you so angry when you can mute everyone and play, if everyone votes to kick you go play some tdm instead and come back later
  6. Matim

Except it was only the first round, and I kept coming back because judging a player for underperforming in a single round is a deranged behaviour. They kept quiet and shutted up when I started to play better, and even better than them (and when I stated im european).
    Also, the whole idea of matchmaking is putting players together of the same level, of course there are not enough players in the game for the MM to work correctly, but that also means that newbies will get kicked out just for trying to play the game.

The competitive scene is already dying, I dont know how being completely toxic and gatekeeping the gsme will help the community in any way

current bnl has more teams than any tournament in at least 3 years, pe is flourishing and funneling players into competitive so what you're saying is false

gatekeeping the game is a valid concern, what I follow is to not flame noobs as long as they listen when you tell them to do something. It is ok to be bad at the game, it is not ok to be bad and refuse to listen to better players. Most commonly it boils down to the picking wrong classes/perks when losing so it's pretty basic stuff. Though recently I am too lazy to vote kick anyone even when being stomped

The problem is that multiplayer home page presents skirmish as the go-to multiplayer experience, even for the new players, which is very wrong. New players need to play on tdm, play on pe, find a community and then they should join competitive. If you follow that, you will find that there is barely any gatekeeping at all, there is a ton of experienced, high skill (relatively to a new player) communities that are actively looking for new players, most of them pe-oriented. The only problem is that so far we have only one such for native competitive - vw

Also, another problem and I guess it falls under gatekeeping, you need to be on bnl discord, pe discord and gotha matchmaking discord to be able to see whats up with bannerlord multiplayer recently. I think it would be great to have a preview of the most important bannerlord discords here on taleworlds forums or at least links to them in a visible spot
  7. Matim

How to balance cav - roleplay edition (skirmish)

above all else game definitely needs different sounds for weapon hits that deal low dmg and high dmg and reaction screams, normal current pain scream and agony scream when dealt high dmg. Right now sounds differentiate only between glance and hit, not much sound difference between a 15 dmg hit and a 60 dmg hit

I think it would add even more flavor to the game than the changes above but it is kinda non cav related and off topic
  8. Matim

you could also think about giving a longer stun to the damage dealer after dealing huge amounts of dmg with a stab to represent the fact that in reality you would need to pull our your weapon from the enemy

maybe that could work for any weapon above a dmg threshold and a longer stun to both the inflictor and the victim

these are just ideas, the most important goal is still for the game and combat to remain fun, some realism is just extra flavor
  9. Matim

Hello There is little chance taleworlds would implement these suggestions but maybe a competitive mod in the future will. 1. Spears break after a damage threshold, probably around 150 player damage or 300 horse damage 2. You can only carry one spear at a time damage values can be adjusted...
  10. Matim

if you play bad and team loses because of you then kicking you gives your team a chance to comeback due to bonus gold. When you come back you take that chance away from them. Players should not be able to rejoin after everyone else in their team voted to kick them from the match
  11. Matim

Patch Notes v1.2.9

Thank you very much for taking care of multiplayer, your effort is very important to us and is appreciated - dodging made matchmaking a very difficult experience for a month, now it is much better

MMR and balancing still need to be addressed though
  12. Matim

Classes

Battania lack heavy cav, so their low tier cav is better.
    heavy cav is worse than light cav in skirmish most of the time, as long as you're not playing vs clueless noobs with no correct sound setup
  13. Matim

Community Tales #6

very nice
  14. Matim

Nerf cavalry in Multiplayer

Look… i dont Even bother explaining why that does not work 90% of the time
    it's because 90% of the playerbase wont take the hunter perk due to their mental issues or are completely useless as archers
  15. Matim

Classes

one thing I find very strange is that lore-wise khuzaits are the horse faction and battania are supposed to be forest based and have weaker cav. Yet in skirmish battania cav is broken with both speed dmg and long spear, combo that no other faction has, on top of that they have a choice of picking throwing. Then there is khuzait cav with neither cause shield is a perk on its own and their horse is paper and spear dmg low. So khuzaits have weaker inf, weaker light cav, archer is also weaker cause heavy archer doesn't have the hunter perk, the only thing they have going for them is the triple spawn round 2 if you played eco round 1 and their heavy cav with long lance.

Cmon either khuzaits are trash at inf or at cav don't make them trash at both
Back
Top Bottom