Recent content by Mannerheim

1. Dev Blog 12/04/18

It looks very nice. But what about polearms? Will they still be attached to the backs of soldiers with Velcro straps? :smile:
  2. Freelancer question

If you wish to become a knight choose "noble" when you are being enlisted. You will start as tier 1 cavalry unit and then you can get promotions all the way up to knight.
  3. Freelancer question

TommyShelby said:
    Is the troop tree wrong or is my game bugged?

Your game is fine, the troop tree is outdated. You cannot get promotion since Guisarmer is the last unit in the branch.
  4. Where's all the Cavalry hiding?

bunkorder said:
    With native recruitment, you can't recruit from castles if you're not in any faction.
    Yes you can.
  5. Prisoners? Where to sell?

Keep looking in other towns, ransom brokers spawn randomly in taverns. Sometimes there are placed upstairs.
  6. Recruitment

Basically you will be able to recruit lances consisting of troops which culture (troop tree) matches your fief's culture. Each lance is a mix of melee infantry, range troops and cavalry of different tiers. You can upgrade them as in normal recruitment mode. For more types of troops (cultures) you will need to acquire more fiefs, or hire mercenaries (either as whole mixed company of ca. 30 men from town menu or single unit type group from tavern). You can also get soldiers by recruiting freed prisoners to your party.
  7. Regional Manor - a guide for peasant on how things work

maverick47 said:
    Hey guys I have a question, I have a village, how do I build the manor?

There should be an option 'Invest into regional manor' in village menu. If there is none that means your village already has the manor, ride around on the world map an you should find it (it shows up only if you are close).
  8. Caccamo Fief bugged?

Lances are free to hire only when your kingdom is at war. During peacetime you must pay for them.
  9. Not all characters are shown in the notes entry for characters.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,328132.0.html
  10. Troop tree ?

No. Two handed swords weren't used in the middle of XIII century in Scotland. There are two-handed axemen in scottish troop tree though (Gallóglaigh Axemen).
  11. Latin to English

Try placing the factions.csv and troops.csv into ...\languages\en folder
  12. Companions - Who and Where to find them

Orixim said:
    4) I've read somewhere something about "mercenary companions". What is this and how does it work?

You can recruit mercenary companions (medic, trainer, trader etc.) in towns. There is an option to recruit them in main town menu.
  13. Illuminated Style Battle Scenes

The pictures are from Maciejowski Bible, also known as Morgan Bible.
  14. 1257AD v1.11 English Translation [Complete] - Troops, NPCs, and Factions

dukoncool said:
    The ruler of Holy Roman Empire is..... King Rich of Cornwall, not emperor???????

That is correct, Richard was crowned by archbishop of Cologne, thus giving him the title "Romanorum Rex" (King of the Romans). Only rulers crowned also by a pope could bear the title "Sancti Imperator Romanus".
  15. Which banners aren't owned by lords?

DeSoto said:
    But there are a couple ones, whose texture just consist of a "muddy" brown color, without any shapes/symbols on it. Maybe those are spares for us to use? Never tried it though, you'd have to give it a shot and report back  :smile:

Here is some info on brown banners and why they are in game http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334082.0.html
Back
Top Bottom