Recent content by Maniccc

1. SP - General Warband's Missing Features Megathread

Village ownership/management. In Warband you would receive a village upon becoming vassal. In Bannerlord you get...some pittance of gold and often a -1 influence penalty for not owning a fief because of that stupid trial policy.
  2. SP - General One village

i miss being awarded the fief of bumblefunknowhere that has just been looted for swearing fealty like in mount and blade
    +1 this so much. I don't understand why that's not in this game. Maybe it's just an early access thing.
  3. SP - General Patrols

+1
  4. SP - Economy Why equipment pricing should dramatically drop

Have to disagree. There's a ton of posts on this forum about how players get incredibly rich upon robbing looters. Getting to midgame I already had 5 fully equipped in tier 4-5 companions and 60k purse(bag). Since gold is one of major motivations for players to do quests and use other features, reducing shop prices will make things even worse.

Maybe troops upgrade prices should be highter..
    Did you read my post? The problem of people getting super rich by selling loot will disappear if loot is cheap.... Not sure why that's hard to understand.
  5. SP - General Remove equipment renown scaling.

+1

This is a game of armies, not some super duper RPG character saving the universe from demon hordes. Having great equipment does not give you skill in the game, and dying is easy no matter what gear you are wearing if you are careless, especially on realistic mode where you can get one shotted.
  6. SP - General Buffing Sturgia - introduce deadlier winters with food shortages & starvation risk.

Perhaps, but at the same time they do still share borders / fight with Battania, Northern empire, Khuzaits and for some odd reason Vlandia fights them a lot too. Often all at once.

Their geography is extremely porous - the mongols can ride in and snatch up Tyal/Sibir unopposed whenever they want and the batanians can move quickly through all their forests (ive seen battanians beeline for Revyl and the sturgians cant keep up sometimes), so I honestly think they could do with the help - or their troops are going to need to be overly strong (they'll need to be able to keep pace with the best horse archers, best lance-knights and the best long-bowmen in the game) just to keep them around for more than a few years to compensate for that dodgy geography.

The only other empire with geography that really harms it is the Aserai (they tend to get shrunk down to just 1-2 cities in my games, never able to expand) as they have just 2 entries to their empire, this lets enemies funnel in from the west and east and conquer everything quickly (over exposing + splitting the Aserai armies on 2 fronts) - and aserai units already are good, so fixing the sturgian troops probably wont be enough to keep them alive, if this is much to go by.

Yes, all that is true. One of the issues I see in the game is the placement of cities and castles. They often make no sense. The game also has no forts or towers, so there's no fortified structures that can help strengthen borders, all of which would be important for the internal factions, like Battania, which is consistently crushed in my games (along with Sturgia and Aserai, of course).
  7. SP - General Female Warlords: Slider Solution

There were female warlords and rulers throughout history. Heck, the conqueror Cyrus was ultimately defeated by a female ruler. That said, they are not common place. I have no wish to get into why that may be, only that this is the case. Calradia is set in a fictional universe based on an historic time period on earth (ish), with fictional factions based on real world historical peoples.

I remember that after playing Warband for a while, I created my first female character and she was met with criticism by many male nobles in the game. I found this fascinating, and it made for great flavor in playing the game, even though the implementation was very limited and shallow. When I started playing Bannerlord, one of the first things I noticed was the preponderance of female warrior companions and warlords, and my first thought was this: "It's too bad they went this route, it was interesting to play as a female who had to fly against tradition." That dynamic is gone, sadly, and I was hoping they would not only keep it but add some depth to it.
  8. SP - General Buffing Sturgia - introduce deadlier winters with food shortages & starvation risk.

Your comment makes sense, but assuming Sturgia actually gets troops balanced out so they don't get slaughtered every time they go to war, then those changes will make Sturgia OP in Sturgia. So the costs for Sturgia to invade would be lower than to invade Sturgia. Granted, that would be realistic, but then we'd have Sturgia wiping out everyone else.
  9. SP - Economy Why equipment pricing should dramatically drop

One of the economy issues TW is putting band-aids on is the loot selling post battle victory. The reason for one of these artificial and arbitrary band-aids is because of an earlier problem: the exorbitant costs of equipment. Equipment costs as they are make no sense given the rest of the...
  10. SP - Economy Fixing the economy with supply and demand

I posted this in the main suggestions forum, but based on a recomendation, I'll post this here, as well. The money and loot "fixes" TW is putting out there are not fixes, just band-aids on a borked economy system. The problems of equipment pricing and earning income will never work right if the...
  11. SP - General Thoughts on Faction Snowballing and Potential Fixes

Yes, well, this issue is a product of a messed up economic system, a lack of supply line system and, as you pointed out, a lack of diplomacy system. Until those things are resolved, this will always be a problem. It is one of the biggest problems in the game right now.
  12. SP - General LOGISTICS ,SUPPLY LINES and WARFARE (how to balance the "snowball" effect)

This right here (supply lines) is a problem we see in every strategy game ever made. It is a huge real world issue in war, but in games it's ignored completely. Absolutely +1
  13. SP - General Arena should give XP

Added it, then they "balanced it" whatever that means. I guess it means they reduced it, so you make less xp in arena then in real world battles, but I don't know.
  14. SP - General How to fix the economy using supply and demand

This is a bit long, and I'll start out by saying I love M&B, the original and this one as well. There are, however, as we all know, problems. This is one of the major problems that I see in the game. The money and loot "fixes" TW is putting out there are not fixes, just band-aids on a borked...
Back
Top Bottom