Recent content by manduran

1. manduran

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Well....

About fastening the year, we can see: different opinions. If that is s.th. to change it should be with sliders, like flesson suggested, I guess. Just keep in mind it would be more of just adjusting the aging, I strongly assume that there is more to it and has impact to many things.

I do respect that people compare to CK3 on the one hand, on the other, well, I personally cannot see why. Bannerlord just is not CK3.
    Personally, I am happy it is not. Bannerlord is quicker to adapt and easier to play. But that is my personal style and I totally respect other opinions, just, Bannerlord is not CK3 and also it does not claim to be.
    Honestly, I like the way bannerlord does the dynasty thing, it is not really setting up a dynasty, but therefore it also is not that stressy.

I do agree though, and again it is all personal and my opinion, a bit more on the diplomacy side wouldn't hurt, like peace agreements and maybe trade agreements... we've seen those on warband, but it were mods. But it will have influence on balance and such heavily, so it is not done just like nothing. Remember on warband, the diplomacy mod also was in dev for years. Even within the mod, people complained, because you never can have everybody satisfied.
    I'd be fine having it as DLC, not necc. in the base game.

As for the patch, I personally think, it was anounced for november, which we are in the middle of it now. Forgive me, no offense here, but I dobt it helps to complain before that goal is not achieved. Again, my personal point of view, just my opinion.

This said, all these things are optinions. And from those we have many, some of them just do not work well together. That's just like it is, I guess.

For the core mechanics of the game, there are still flaws enough and I still like to believe ( and see it slowly) that they are being worked on, like caravans and workshops that are not really working, well, I'd say, as intended.
  2. manduran

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Your impatience makes your requests truly grotesque ! What use will it be for you to have the technical explanation of each problem ? You wouldn't understand anything about it, not to mention totally personal reasons that don't concern us (absences or individual errors), false good news where the correction of a bug imposes other changes elsewhere, and of course all the time wasted unnecessarily wanting explain it.

For the duration, if it was so easy, everyone would have coded their Bannerlord, so respect and wait. Even the big ones don't bother anymore with AI, so much more complicated to code for so few thanks (the proof).

For communication, TW wanted to be honest in the past and took it even more seriously, because some features more complex than expected had to be canceled or postponed. Henceforth the community has the communication that it itself caused, only certainties.

For the "empty game" theory, not much to say... 30 hours of play minimum for 50 euros (20 euros on sale)... If that's empty, then 80% of your library is, especially on consoles...
    Thank you. Without the intention to get against any individial position of the community, I still totally share this perspective.
    Even further I personally do respect the work of TW and I do think the geame improves further and further.
  3. manduran

In Progress Caravan leaders unable to take party roles

I can confirm. Good I found this, so I know it is a bug. Roles getting unassigned is anyoing but you can ship around, this one though really breaks qite a bit :smile:
  4. manduran

Patch Notes v1.1.2

Honestly and take no offense, I hope you are wrong. I want to believe that the devs are hard at work with probably the best update we will have had for the last few months, which have honestly felt lackluster because they are bug fixes with flashy names. Maybe they will blow all of our expectations out of the water, in a positive way.
    I support that. I am still fan. Opionions are opinions but honestly, if you go through the posts... if I was them I would have NO drive to step in THIS community any further. Ya, they messed up some things, but also they add and fix a lot. Sometimes it is just good for a dev process to concentrate on what you do and not mess with repeating "add this!", "when that?", "I hate you".
    I wish there would be less public hate in this forums.
    ****storming never helped and I doubt it ever will. But well, just MY opinion.
  5. manduran

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

[...]
    2. If someone proposes marriage, it should automatically reveal most of the details, or at least the basic ones that are shown from meeting them in person about the proposed spouse.
    [...]
    I highly support that. When a proposal comes in, the fog of war for the spouse char, maybe also for the proposal giver, should disappear.
    Might be funny to get a surprise spouse, but I doubt many people really like that :wink:
  6. manduran

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Just as a heads up for the wanderes issue, on top of the rapid dying...
    In two fresh starts I experienced two weird things:
    1. I got a companion who was lvl 12, but totally unskilled, meaning you were able to distribute alle the points like with your brother. As ist was the only one, I tend to see that as a bug (?)
    2. In zhe othe fresh game I stumbled over an empire the Scholar. Just that he was lvl 14 (usually lvl 10) had 71 in medicine and then every skill in vigor AND control had tqo focus points and a good amount of skill... a wannabe shieldmaiden? As the vast majority of the wanderers were pretty much as they were pre patch, I would consider this as a bug as well (?)

Aside of that, once issues are fixed, this is an awesome patch. I am so looking fwd to starting a new campaign on 1.1. :smile:
  7. manduran

Resolved Fief election despite promoted companion owns it

This wont work :sad:

Let's assume I got 5 clans in my kingdom. 3 of those clans down to 2 adult living members.... thus can only field 2 parties. 2 of the other clans is my first promoted companion's from my early game, that could be very well down to 1 living adult member (as they never end up get married and grow their clans).

I need more lords, I can't recruit any and need to promote a lord. But I can't promote one without give away a fief. I take a castle, but my other clans will be there to grab it... and they don't even have the parties available to support the ones they already got. And give away one of my own fief's is not really a solution. Because you as the king in your own kingdom is not always in the mix who can grab a fief because toys need to be distributed evenly.. you are basically screwed...

There really need to be a delay in the voting where you got a window to give away the fief if you need to promote a companion to a noble.
    I am tented to agree on that :smile:
  8. manduran

Hi,
    yep, thanks @uçanbiblo, is there any chance to get to know how it is fixed? Are we able t promote a companion to a just conquered fief, or will it stay on the restricted vote?
  9. manduran

Hey, you should be able to change the version from Steam launcher. However, the beta is only available on Steam. Right click to the game on Steam library, go for "properties" and "BETAS" options, there you can find the latest BETA version and switch to it.
    Hey, that does not work for me, as it requires a beta key to be able to switch :smile:
    However 1.7 is released, so we will see how it behaves after a while (need to play up to that point first)

This said, overall I personally agree with what Gadheras wrote two posts before, just for the record :smile:
  10. manduran

With the update dec 16th:

• Players can no longer grant a settlement that has a voting procedure in progress which can affect the ownership of the settlement.

I think that fixes this issue completely :smile:
    (A pitty for what I tried but I get why you guys changed it the way it is now :wink: )
  11. manduran

Amanda is right. This is what I did and I also enjoyed the advantage. I personally cannot test in 1.7 as I don't have a beta key :wink:
  12. manduran

Hey, currently the game is on 1.6.5, steam. But I started that campaign in 1.6.3 :smile:
    The bug definitely occured before the 1.6.5 patch, so before Dec. 10th.
    But I can confirm it happens in 1.6.5 as well, with the same save game.

With the save game the bug _should_ be easy to reproduce.
    Scenario is; Varcheg is just conquered and no election yet happened. I directly grant it to Oleg the Lucky who is in my party. Shortly after election coes up, which will state that it is not relevant any more. So far so good.
    But _then_ after a while the exact same election happens _again_ ignoring the already happened assignment of Oleg.

I hope that helps, thank you very very much for support and takin care :smile:)))))
  13. manduran

Hi,
    well, yes, can easily be that it is already 1.6.5 in that save game file. Did you try with the save game file?
  14. manduran

Hi uçanbiblo,
    thank you very much! Great you guys look into it, no inconvenience here, I am glad I can help to bring this awesome game further.
    :smile:))
Back
Top Bottom