Recent content by Maleficus04

1. Maleficus04

Older versions

Well, I found a download for 1.09. Not exactly the version I was hoping for (1.19 or 1.191) but it'll have to do, I guess.
  2. Maleficus04

Older versions

I'm just curious if there's a way to get older versions of this mod anywhere. I tried playing Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword to meet my mount & blade + guns needs, but it's just not the same. I really enjoyed this mod before all of the fantasy elements were added in (undead, overly-sized...
  3. Maleficus04

Animation change in Native or B&S?

Yeah... It'd be cool to have that as a part of B&S, but there's really not much of a point for xeno to spend time on that, seeing as that's not the main focus of this mod. If he wants to at some point, that'd be awesome. I'm more disappointed that it's not a core game feature from native.
  4. Maleficus04

Ah. Well, that's no good. I don't think I could ever send my troops in without me; not with the way automated battles play out vs the real thing. Anyway.

Speaking of other mods that have been sort of integrated into B&S... I don't suppose there's some kind of thing I'm missing that allows you to actually ally with other factions while leading your own is there? I recently rediscovered (remember, I hadn't played this in a while until recently) that you can't do that by default, but only through the Diplomacy mod. I feel like that's something that's sorely absent from this game, considering all of the other great stuff that's present.
  5. Maleficus04

Yeah, that's what I thought it was supposed to do. Apparently, it just doesn't work for me then. Oh well. Maybe it'll be working in the next version, otherwise, no big loss.
  6. Maleficus04

Man, if I had known how varying my subjects within the mod were going to be, I would've named this thread "B&S Questions" or "B&S Chances from Warband." But oh well.

I have one more mod related question. The options to choose who will enter battle with you; does that work for anyone? I've tested it a few times and it seems as though I end up with the exact same group of people I would have had I just used "Charge the enemy."
  7. Maleficus04

2 Handed thrusts were fine in mine as well. I was speaking specifically about the 1 handed ones. It doesn't really matter, though. I remembered how to change the animations I didn't like, so it's all good. And the map thing isn't anything I need, it's just something I was used to and liked.

Personally, I wish: instead of the enemy armies starting way on the other side of a big map from each other, they started within visual (and missile) range from each other. Basically, you'd get like a minute (maybe a little more or less) to setup your troops while everyone was on hold fire and then the enemy would use realistic medieval warfare tactics i.e. volleys of arrows, then cavalry, then infantry or whatever, based on the types of troops they had, while you were left to do whatever you were gonna do. Not all enemies would fight this way, obviously, but the armies of the generals and kings would.

I don't really like that one side or the other HAS to charge while the other is in a definite position of superiority, being on defensive. Whether or not the defensive position is always best in real life isn't the issue, but it definitely is superior in M&B. The only situation I can think of where that's not the case is a lot of cavalry vs lines of infantry and/or archers that aren't suitable for disposing of cavalry, but that can pretty easily be countered with the right types of troops. Starting both sides in a mixed, and fairly realistic position for the time would be awesome in my opinion.

I'm not asking for it to be put into B&S, though, as I'm sure that would be a fair amount of work for something that people may not like very much. I just really like the idea of each side's army getting into formations and then starting the battle a minute or 2 afterwards, rather than it being a race to line up your forces properly before the enemy can get to you.
  8. Maleficus04

Yeah, I do that too. I don't care if it's realistic or not, I liked the map. If I knew how to change it back, I would. Regardless, it's not that big of an issue, so I can deal with it.
  9. Maleficus04

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for letting me know.
  10. Maleficus04

Sorry to reopen this thread, but I figured it kind of fell into the same category of "things being changed." I thought I had remembered you being able to see troop movement, in real time, on the map (default: backspace) while you had it open, but it isn't like that in B&S. I went back today to check in native and in that you can indeed see troop movement via the map. So, I'm wondering... is that a change from this mod as well? If so, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of that. I was rather fond of not having to open, close and reopen the map every time I wanted to see how far the enemy had advanced.
  11. Maleficus04

Well, if that's how it is, that's how it is. I just wanted to make sure it was something that had been changed and I wasn't going crazy thinking that I remembered it differently for no reason. I actually much prefer slash and chopping attacks with swords, but the pierce attack sometimes gets used by accident in the heat of battle and it kind of screws me up. Not to mention I had thought there had been a big thing about using your swords to thrust rather than chop/slash (with 1h) in previous additions, because of the fact that the latter two options had little to no effect on heavily armored enemies. But maybe I'm just remembering it wrong. The main problem I have with it in the long run is not that it's not effective, but that it seems to be very difficult to actually connect with, useful or not.

I still don't like the spear animations, not because I can't control or use them, but because they look kind of strange sometimes. I know it was setup to use the best available option, though, so I'm not blaming anyone or asking for them to be changed. It is what it is.

All and all these things aren't that big of a deal. I'll just stick to 2h swords or my general Manhunter's Short Polehammer or an Iron War Axe or something. I just like to make sure my game isn't screwing up when I see something that seems out of place to me. I appreciate the feedback guys.
  12. Maleficus04

I'm playing as a barbarian so I do have a lot of attack speed, but I thought about that as well. I tried exporting my character and editing my agility to be like 15-20 and it still happened with every single one handed thrust weapon I tried, regardless of their speed. I'm not really sure what to do about it. The only temporary solution I can think of would be for me to change the one handed thrust animation to that of the one handed spear thrust and use that. I'm not particularly keen on that idea, though, as I'm not really a big fan of the new spear animation. But I mean, regardless of whether or not I like it, it does actually work when trying to hit people with it, so it may be my only option for now.

But I guess the big question is: Is this how everyone else's 1-H thrust looks/works, or is this something only happening in my game?
  13. Maleficus04

Ok, so here's a video showing what I'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUo6Ygc8578&feature=youtu.be

I know that I wasn't in range to hit sometimes, but other times I would've been, had the old (basically, the same style as the 2h weapon, only with a 1h) one handed animation played. I did manage to connect once, but it had about the same effect as hitting someone in really heavy armor with a low damage chopping weapon.

And please don't say anything about me losing in the arena. It should be pretty obvious I wasn't trying to do well. I was just trying to show the poking animation and I figured the arena would be the easiest way to showcase it without a lot of trouble.
  14. Maleficus04

I'm gonna need to make a video for this... the one handed thrust animation is much faster than the two handed one and I don't think it's supposed to be this way. I don't mean the attack speed is faster, either. I mean the overall animation looks sped up and there's more effort put into retracting the blade than thrusting it. I'll update with a video soon to show what I mean.
  15. Maleficus04

Right, right. I mean, I know there's always been a thrust attack for a lot of the swords. The thing I'm confused about is that it seems like it uses a lot shorter animation than I remember. It used to be very similar, if not identical, to the original spear thrust animation. You thrusted, you saw the weapon go through the person and then it came back. It could be very fast and you could still see all of that happening. Now it just looks like you barely thrust the weapon forward and spend the majority of your effort pulling it back. It's to a degree where you couldn't realistically thrust through anything more than an inch (2.54cm) or so thick. If all else fails, I may make a video showing what I'm talking about. It's definitely different from how it used to be, I'm just uncertain of what caused it and the reason behind it.
Back
Top Bottom