Recent content by KonFuseD[Q]

1. [S] A New Dawn

Man, just treat every Kalkor party like you're about to siege a 300+ castle :wink:

Radix, what does your map look like? Any factions/minor factions getting killed off? We had reports of like 2k-15k armies roaming around, you see anything like that?
  2. [S] A New Dawn

Yo, I just wanna say; I've been playing this game since beta Zendar days: this is pretty much the best Native compilation I've played for real... readme's pretty much a checklist of all the core features and tweaks I've wanted mixed in M&B... Don't know if you guys played the Bandit King module from the original beta, but this mod reminds me of that times X40.

Also, Anyone who's having texture problems and crashes, try this tweak:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

I have a really low end PC; but this brought me from crashing every 10 min, to playing for about 4 hours straight. Edit: I've been playing v.5.1 & 6.2 now without any texture crashes:

Edit for more details:
    when I first installed, Crashed on loading screen: low graphic settings + textures on demand go me to the main menu; then I had white troop armor, white building textures, and really funk trees/landscapes, all random, and would progressively get worse till crash: the fix above worked great from me, so if you have a low-end pc or limited ram, I'd suggest this tweak if nothing else is working, just follow the directions carefully.

if you want some suggestions for the mod:
    *More persistent troops/prisoners

- Routed enemies become Deserters

- Bring back Slaver caravans; like regular trade caravans, but make them trade the prisoner stacks of cities, so potential troops are always being re circulated out of town dungeons. has option to buy prisoners, sell troops at inflated prices, and trade goods(?). Well armed.

- Disbanded troops become mercenaries/ Glory seekers, manhunters, etc.

- Looted Villages have a % chance of spawning looters and other bandits

- entrenching a campsite makes it a static garrison camp, that you can swap troops out/in. like if you have a huge army but wanna train up specific troops or just hunt with a smaller group, take the time /resources to make a camp and separate the forces. Still gotta pay the upkeep obviously, and the camp can be attacked while you're away which risks loosing your main force. 

- I mentioned the banditking mod, he had a witness script that made faction relation penalties, ie the player raids a swadian village, a party of swadian villagers passes by and spots you; you get negative relations from looting + negative bonus from the faction witnesses.

- River Pirates for swadian/nord lands

------*Edit more suggestions-----

- troops/prisoners you don't select/rescue after battle branch off and become wanderers/escaped prisoners. ( Basically make it so units don't just disappear.)

3. [Request] Making All parties on the map recruit prisoners/upgrade troops?

No luck so far Phoenix, I tweaked it around a little bit, but it still doesn't get the world parties recruiting.

("recruit_captured_soldiers",
        [(try_for_parties, ":cur_party"),# Try for all parties with troop including farmer, outlaw, castle, town,...
            (neq|is_between, walled_centers_begin, walled_centers_end),
            (party_is_active, ":cur_party"),
      #      (display_message, "@Parties found."),
            (party_get_num_prisoner_stacks, ":num_prisoner_stacks",":cur_party"),
            (try_for_range_backwards, ":stack_no", ":num_prisoner_stacks", 0),
              (party_prisoner_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop",":cur_party",":stack_no"),
              (neg|is_between, kingdom_heroes_begin, kingdom_heroes_end),  # Troop is not hero
              (neq, ":stack_troop", "trp_player"),  # Troop is not player
      #      (display_message, "@Troops filtered."),
              (party_prisoner_stack_get_size, ":stack_size",":cur_party",":stack_no"),
              (party_remove_prisoners, ":cur_party", ":stack_troop", ":stack_size"),
              (party_add_members, ":cur_party", ":stack_troop", ":stack_size"),
      #      (display_message, "@Script finished."),
            (try_end),
          (try_end),
          ]),

Here's the simple_trigger that I'm using to start the script.

(12,
      [
          (call_script, "script_recruit_captured_soldiers"),
        # (display_message, "@Simple script fired."),
        ]),

On a sidenote, I don't actually see any of those commented messages when I let them run in the script, does that mean it isn't even starting at all? Do random messages help show a script is running all the way through properly, or do they just clutter the script up?
  4. [Request] Making All parties on the map recruit prisoners/upgrade troops?

This is the script I've tried so far, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have a simple trigger set up to run this every 24 hours, but I haven't seen any results yet... any idea of what could be added to make it work? It's a somewhat modified version of "#Party AI: pruning some of the prisoners in each center" found in simple_triggers.   

Code:
    ("recruit_captured_soldiers",
         [(try_begin),
            (assign, ":cur_party", "pt_sea_raiders"),
            (party_is_active, ":cur_party"),
            (party_get_num_prisoner_stacks, ":num_prisoner_stacks",":cur_party"),
            (try_for_range_backwards, ":stack_no", 0, ":num_prisoner_stacks"),
              (party_prisoner_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop",":cur_party",":stack_no"),
              (neg|troop_is_hero, ":stack_troop"),
              (party_prisoner_stack_get_size, ":stack_size",":cur_party",":stack_no"), 
              (party_remove_prisoners, ":cur_party", ":stack_troop", ":stack_size"),
              (party_add_members, ":cur_party", ":stack_troop", ":stack_size"),
            (try_end),
          (try_end),
          ]),
  5. [Request] Making All parties on the map recruit prisoners/upgrade troops?

Something tells me this has been requested before, But I couldn't find anything when I searched this forum, so hopefully I'm not repeating someone. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could explain how to create a global script that allows everyone (including bandits) to use the prisoners...
  6. Adding Firearms

Just look through module_items, find the flintlock pistol lines, copy it, then change the mesh id to the OSP mesh.

This is what I used to throw one of those handguns/bullets in:

Code:
    ["lui_rouetgreat", "Item_name", [("lui_rouetgreat",0)], itp_type_pistol|itp_merchandise|itp_primary ,itcf_shoot_pistol|itcf_reload_pistol, 230 , weight(1.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(38) | shoot_speed(160) | thrust_damage(41 ,pierce)|max_ammo(1)|accuracy(65),imodbits_none,
     [(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(play_sound,"snd_pistol_shot"),(position_move_x, pos1,27),(position_move_y, pos1,36,(particle_system_burst, "psys_pistol_smoke", pos1, 15)])]],
     ["lui_bullets","Bullets", [("lui_bullets",0)], itp_type_bullets|itp_merchandise, 0, 41,weight(2.25)|abundance(90)|weapon_length(3)|thrust_damage(1,pierce)|max_ammo(40),imodbits_missile],

If you want to see the weapons in the merchant's sock, open module_triggers, search for "Refresh Weapon Sellers" and place these lines under the bolts:

(troop_add_merchandise,reg(2),itp_type_pistol,1),
    (troop_add_merchandise,reg(2),itp_type_bullets,1),

Assuming you've updated your INI. file with the OSP info and have the resources/textures in the right place, this should be all you need to use the handguns in-game.
  7. Attacking Manhunters

If you don't feel like switching factions, try opening module_dialogs, search for the manhunter dialog lines, and comment them out. That way, they'll use the default "surrender or die" dialog when you speak with them on the map. If you still can't attack them, it might be because you still have neutral relations, but that's where NaglFaar's link comes in handy.
  8. Troop Trees

If anyone is still willing to help with some troop tree ideas, I'd like someone to take a crack at a mercenary concept I've been trying to work out for a mod of mine. The one posted by Buhadog is pretty cool, but I was thinking of two separate troop lines; one representing the professional, battle-hardened mercs with top end equipment, and the other representing a more rag-tag group of sell-swords, using a mix of weapons and armor that they've picked up over the years. If anyone is interested, here are some basic guidelines concerning each treeline;

Professional Line; Well armed/armored, much more specific weapon choice/ roles (Swordsmen, heavysword, etc.) A focus on heavy Infantry and horsemen, limited ranged support, pretty straight forward.

Bravo Line;This one's a little more tricky (and the one I need help with). More variety with their weaponry, but sticking primarily to polearms/spears, swords and blunts. These guys don't have any specific combat role, and I want their names to reflect that, so try to be creative. Limited horsemen and no specific ranged units.

Sorry if the details are vague, but hopefully that's enough to build on for now.
  9. Caravans

Hardrada's Caravan Tweak:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=46290.930

The second half of his tweak should increase the amount of caravans on the map, but it's limited by the size of the kingdom. If you wanted even more caravans, you might just be able to bump up the party_count_limit to a higher number.

Since there are plenty of caravans on the map now, I'd like to see the Outlaws and bandit factions actually attack them more often, instead of just watching them go by...

I've tried adjusting the faction relations, making outlaws hate merchants, commoners, innocents, and all 5 of the kingdoms, but they still don't give chase. Can anyone explain why these guys don't want to raid the caravans?
  10. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Check out this thread if your interested in adding the old parties back in:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,54801.0.html

Also, Raowyn posted a cool module in the python script exchange that compiles just about all of these great tweaks into one module system. So, if you guys are tired of text editing, you should check it out:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.345.html

11. Adding in patrols/scouts/prisoner trains again?

Deathknight13:
    I had a similar error, but I fixed it by re-commenting these lines in the scripts module (script_cf_create_kingdom_party):

(assign, ":party_name_str", "str_s7_foragers"),
    (assign, ":party_name_str", "str_s7_scouts"),
    (assign, ":party_name_str", "str_s7_patrol"),
    (+ the other parties you want with this same line)

In case you guys are interesting in having more of these parties on the map, Hardrada posted a pretty useful script in the tweak thread that increases the number of caravans depending on the size of the kingdom:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.930.html (Hardrada's Caravan Generation Tweak Part Two: Caravan Limits; the script is near the bottom).

So far, it looks like the same script can be applied for all of these parties, although I've only tried it with the scouts, patrols, and foragers.
  12. Adding in patrols/scouts/prisoner trains again?

So... how are these old parties working out in 1.010? Are they holding their own against the other parties already on the map?
  13. Universal script for losing faction relation when fighting non-lord parties?

Damn, that's all you had to do? I've been tweaking those lines around for days trying to find something that works without errors...

Anyways, it works great, simple and effective. Although, there is a minor balance issue; The player can constantly leave/rejoin the pre-battle, and still rack up his relation gains/penalties. You could max out your relation with a Kingdom without even fighting. This might not be so bad if your joining a battle between two kingdoms (the negative relation tradeoff balances things out), but if your helping a Kingdom Lord against some hostile bandits, it becomes more exploitable. However, this isn't a major issue if your actually playing the game normally, so it's not game-breaking.

Thanks for posting the code, by the way. I've created some new bandit factions for a personal mod, so this will be very useful. You might consider posting this in TML's tweaks as well, since it should work as a text modification.
  14. Universal script for losing faction relation when fighting non-lord parties?

I've been trying to achieve the same thing, but I haven't made much progress. I'm using a tweak that allows the player to attack either party during pre-join (a battle already taking place), but when I join a side, I don't loose any relation with the faction I joined up against. The freedom to attack anyone is a nice addition, but it's pretty unbalanced since the consequences for joining against another faction are almost nonexistent (unless you take a lord prisoner after the fight). So far, I've tried adding a small script in the pre_join menu right before you attack the enemy, but it was bugged out and hardly worked...

That being said, you should check out module_game_menu and search for "encounter_attack" and see if there's a way to deal negative relation before a battle.

Regarding a universal relation script, the only mod I can think of that's implemented something similar is the old "Bandit King" mod. If I recall correctly, they created a witness script that dealt relation damage after a battle, depending on what parties where nearby to 'witness' the attack. So, if the player just finished fighting some mountain bandits, and a Lord party was nearby, you'd gain a relation boost with that lord/faction. Likewise, if you attacked a faction caravan and a lord of the same faction witnessed it, you'd suffer a relation hit.

If you want to take a look at the witness source, It's right here:
    http://banditking.googlecode.com/svn/tags/ (The witness script is near the bottom of module_scripts)

Besides that, I'm not sure, Although I do know that being able to gain/loose relation with all the factions (including bandits) would be a welcome addition to the game.   
  15. Beeing a KING

I posted a small tweak that allows the player to purchase ceasefires with hostile factions, but it's unbalanced and easily exploitable, and some people might consider it cheating. However, if anyone is interested, it's located on page 46 of TML's tweak thread.

Does anyone know if faction relation is calculated into the AI's decision to make peace with rebel players? For the most part, I've experienced the same thing as you guys; if you defeat the AI several times or deal them a really hard blow, they usually make peace with you right away. However, in my current game, I've been at war with the Rhodoks for most of the game, and they're relentless in their attacks/raids, despite what I've done to their armies. They haven't called for peace once, and my relation with them is -80 (revengeful status). I mean, it makes sense that they would keep up the pressure if they're pissed, but I not sure if the AI actually takes that into account or not. Does anyone know? (the castle I own wasn't a Rhodok settlement, by the way. it originally belonged to Swadia, who quickly offered peace.)

Also, has anyone else seen those rebel caravans mentioned earlier? I'm curious to know if they actually exist...

SantasHelper:
    You mentioned in the other thread that rebel kingdoms could benefit from the Guildmaster's peace quest, which is something I didn't know. Can you or anyone else confirm this to be true?
Back
Top Bottom