Recent content by King_ZZ

1. lance recruitment system - how do you get more soldiers?

If played this game just to test it as there are a few 13th century mods for Europe and I like to know I'm playing the best one (at least to me) I can recruit a lance unit, but then I cant seem to recruit anymore, they do not show up anywhere else and my lance unit could do with being more...
  2. CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make, basically almost there with r

Balgy said:
    fully operational co-op campaign is impossible in Warband.

This dude has done an amazing programming job

Yes the amount of work that he has done is amazing I agree.

I did read it, he said it was not impossible, he stated to make it work the way he was trying to would take far too much work. It also goes on to say that it was the fact of having multiple servers running different battles. Or maybe I am mistaken.

The outlined idea could remove the fact that any player has any effect on the campaign map with only viewable privileges and only going on to the map (all together and at only one instance) when reaching areas.

Whilst it is possible my idea has been thought many more times than once, it is silly to assume that the people that have the time and ability to create it or have the potential to make it in Bannerlord have thought of my idea and possibly are opting for a more complicated and difficult way round. Better to share ideas then let them waste away without being verbalised (or even documented)

I had no idea where to place it I did search around.

Froi said:
    Make it yourself if you want it, otherwise you wont be getting it.

I would if I could but I have too many open projects at the moment and another one due to be started that I am overdue on to even start and think about modding M&B.

It was only an idea placed on here as best I could so it may provide a spark to others to scale back the magnitude of the original co-op multiplayer campaign mod or so that it would give a possible new idea for the Bannerlord developers if they have not already thought of it.

Anyway I didn't want this thread to turn argumentative as many threads do. Its just an idea for others.
  3. MP Native [WB] WarbandCoop V0.1.0 *DEAD*

Sorenerv said:
    top modders here have attempted and came accross engine limitations which deemed it not possible.
    Out of interest do you know what limitations Warband has in regards to multiplayer campaigns

Sorenerv said:
    I don't know why the Dev's are not delivering what the community wants on this matter, I would say its the most or at least up there in the top 3 wanted features

I read somewhere that they were working on it and then I read somewhere that they had stopped. But they have completely re-written the engine from what I have read so we live in hope. I have little time spare to play the game as it is until I have projects out the way anyhow but if Bannerlord comes out with co-op I will make some time.
  4. MP Native [WB] WarbandCoop V0.1.0 *DEAD*

Sorenerv said:
    wrong thread this is discussion for warband co-op which is not possible. Your information does not help the issue for making co-op work.

The idea was meant for Warband I had additional hopes that it would be picked up for Bannerlord.
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349390.msg8371159.html#msg8371159

From what Dragon was stating the problem was having multiple servers running different battles, the idea set out would eliminate that issue and would reduce the amount of communication between the players as they will only be separated every time a place or battle loads.
    I have not looked into modding M&B so I cannot say for sure but it sounds as though this would be a lot easier and I am far too busy creating other projects to take a look into it.
  5. MP Native [WB] WarbandCoop V0.1.0 *DEAD*

Hi have a look at this link as I think this would be a much easier way of making the co-op campaign. It would be so much better your way but like you said there is far too much bother with servers etc.

The_dragon said:
    Reus said:
    There's no way these mods will ever work out with the current engine limitations. Whenever you see a co-op mod in the makings, just assume it won't be finished.

We'll see about it in Bannerlord.

Yes they could work with the current engine limitations. The keyword is 'time'. It is just too complicated to make it, because it is not like a normal multiplayer game... is much complex.
    Normal multiplayer games have a server and multiple clients.
    This coop mod requires a server for handling the open world map actions (main server) + one or multiple servers for handling the battles (which are handled by the main server) + clients (players; the clients needs to be passed around between the main server and the battle servers). The servers which handles the battles becomes clients for the server that handles the open world actions, so you have two types of clients for the main server: server clients and player clients.
    Another solution would be to make a server that would handle everything, but it can't be done in warband because of it's limitations (+ it would require a massive server to handle a couple of battles simultaneously )
    This is pretty hard to make normally; making it on top of warband's limitations makes it even harder, but not impossible.
  6. CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make, basically almost there with r

There is something here that someone was working on and if someone could take that information and make the idea I was discussing on here for warband or Napoleon that would be great. Also the link will show how much more complicated the multiplayer campaign is doing it that way rather than the way I have described. Many games have multiplayer co-op abilities so its not something that's that far out the way in terms of scope.
    Nordinvasion and cRPG (amongst others) already use a similar type of multiplayer co-op to what I have described it just takes the idea further with all players being connected the whole way through. Although I have not tried either of those mods personally but that is how they read.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=285189
  7. How do i play? Edit scene and Join game, i cant play?

I have no idea what is going on and looking through the threads I cant see anything to help me star maybe I have missed something. I use steam so its updated. I have tried version 1, the version 1 patch and the version 2. All are the same... When I start edit scene it states 'Edit scene not...
  8. CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make, basically almost there with r

kraggrim said:
    How many times are you planning on posting this :smile:? While I would like some kind of co-op in Bannerlord, spamming isn't the correct way to tell the devs. Especially as this is the wrong forum section and there are already numerous co-op threads to post in.

I posted this on another place and then I found this place to post it so I just edited and put a link in as I was unsure where it needed to be.
  9. Bellum Imperii: Bug + Glitch Reports

SteamWorkShop version BI 1.3

***When your in Rome there is an invisible barrier across most of the outer city
    ***cannot make wagon train i have two ponies (heavy and lame). Possibly I do not know how?
    ***Z crouch - string not found
    ***unable to find mesh skullcap in shop
    ***Hore is spelt incorrect it is Whore
    various other errors that have came up I took screenshots on steam...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=664752172
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665007604
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/508154101957964368/E2695292E2EA54CBF7A6CEC62DB5BF48DCF984B6/

I will update as i find them.
  10. CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make campaign coop

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349390.msg8371159.html#msg8371159 I have posted it in a different forum as I was hoping the idea would be picked up for the new game bannerlord But it details some great ideas which would make the campaign multiplayer co-op and make it a lot easier...
  11. CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make, basically almost there with r

CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make... This is basically almost there with regards to some of the mods just using a part of this idea having multiplayer co-op battles but this idea would make the game fully co-op multiplayer enabled... I really hoped this would be seen by the team...
  12. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

CO-OP idea to make the multiplayer easier to make... https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349390.msg8371159.html#msg8371159

If all players was in the same party and could not leave the party this would make the multiplayer co-op game a lot easier to make.

You would then all spawn together whenever you enter a city, town, village, place, bandit attack or battle etc. With an active coms channel so you can all talk about where your going, also be able to place a target pin on the map so can show the leader where you think the team should be going. LAN should be an option as well as creating a private server for a team of people that are using coop.

*Each person will be able to buy their own items for their character.
    *The money would either be shared or have an equal portion shared out between the playing characters from looting and tasks.
    *You would be able to swap/trade/donate items or money to each other. (between players)
    *Be assigned a portion of the soldiers to look after or use whilst in battle.
    *The hiring of soldiers cost could be spread out amongst the players treasury or each player would hire their own regiments soldiers, and again be able to swap, trade or donate soldiers to one another. (between players)
    *Buying of shops and land should most probably be a cost that is shared and jointly owned, each player would put in a shared amount or be able to put in what they can or trade with each (between players) other to satisfy the other players.
    *Having seen a mod that has the ability to build a wagon train I think all players should be able to use the wagon train, or have a joint trading venture where you all put money into products that will be traded and profits shared out when sold. (mods Bellum Imperii and Brytenwalda)
    *Collection of items from a battle would be a joint pool so you can communicate with each other and each take what you need in real time, or you could put the rest in the wagon train you have built.
    *on a mod RaW2 you can hire trained soldiers from villages and upgrade/retrain/equip to the next level at forts and cities I think, I like this idea but I think this could be an additional way of hiring while still being able to hire villagers and farmers, possibly hiring different soldiers at forts and towns/cities only and hiring villagers and farmers at the villages. (but in realistic terms you may find trained soldiers at villages after they have served they would return home to the city/town/village.

** I personally like the idea of each player having their own money and regiment for which they are responsible for feeding, upgrading and pre-battle formation setup and generally looking after. I have seen a mod with entertainment for soldiers, if this was the case then the entertainment could be global, or just global for the entertainment character tribute and having the option from buying a barrel of beer (or hiring a whore) for all soldiers or just your regiment.

Their should be more reasons to walk round a village or town as this would give a multiplayer coop game more activity than just management and battles. For example if you went into a town then characters could go off and go to each merchant they choose, speak to characters, hire people. Story and mission type conversations would come up between all players but the player who initiated the conversation would be the one to answer. When visiting a town or village and buying items without actually physically going through the town all players would have the same screen although it would be with their monies and on their inventory.

I think this option would be easier to make compared to splitting the group and having various player groups on the campaign map at any one time.

I uploaded this here I didn't know how to suggest this to the creators...
  13. Mount and blade bannerlord: mutiplayer campaign

If all players was in the same party and could not leave the party this would make the multiplayer co-op game a lot easier to make.
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349390.msg8371159.html#msg8371159 I have started a new discussion here on this

You would then all spawn together whenever you enter a city, town, village, place, bandit attack or battle etc. With an active coms channel so you can all talk about where your going, also be able to place a target pin on the map so can show the leader where you think the team should be going. LAN should be an option as well as creating a private server for a team of people that are using coop.

*Each person will be able to buy their own items for their character.
    *The money would either be shared or have an equal portion shared out between the playing characters from looting and tasks.
    *You would be able to swap/trade/donate items or money to each other.
    *Be assigned a portion of the soldiers to look after or use whilst in battle.
    *The hiring of soldiers cost could be spread out amongst the players treasury or each player would hire their own regiments soldiers, and again be able to swap, trade or donate soldiers to one another.
    *Buying of shops and land should most probably be a cost that is shared and jointly owned, each player would put in a shared amount or be able to put in what they can or trade with each other to satisfy the other players.
    *Having seen a mod that has the ability to build a wagon train I think all players should be able to use the wagon train, or have a joint trading venture where you all put money into products that will be traded and profits shared out when sold. (mods Bellum Imperii and Brytenwalda)
    *Collection of items from a battle would be a joint pool so you can communicate with each other and each take what you need in real time, or you could put the rest in the wagon train you have built.
    *on a mod RaW2 you can hire trained soldiers from villages and upgrade/retrain/equip to the next level at forts and cities I think, I like this idea but I think this could be an additional way of hiring while still being able to hire villagers and farmers, possibly hiring different soldiers at forts and towns/cities only and hiring villagers and farmers at the villages. (but in realistic terms you may find trained soldiers at villages after they have served they would return home to the city/town/village.

** I personally like the idea of each player having their own money and regiment for which they are responsible for feeding, upgrading and pre-battle formation setup and generally looking after. I have seen a mod with entertainment for soldiers, if this was the case then the entertainment could be global, or just global for the entertainment character tribute and having the option from buying a barrel of beer (or hiring a whore) for all soldiers or just your regiment.

Their should be more reasons to walk round a village or town as this would give a multiplayer coop game more activity than just management and battles. For example if you went into a town then characters could go off and go to each merchant they choose, speak to characters, hire people. Story and mission type conversations would come up between all players but the player who initiated the conversation would be the one to answer. When visiting a town or village and buying items without actually physically going through the town all players would have the same screen although it would be with their monies and on their inventory.

I think this option would be easier to make compared to splitting the group and having various player groups on the campaign map at any one time.
Back
Top Bottom