Recent content by killkhergit

1. killkhergit

So, I'm thinking of taking up fencing....

Take a Great Axe. Or maybe the Double-sided Axe. Or a two-handed Polehammer maybe.

They're way better than these measly fencing swords.
  2. killkhergit

TAG, i need your help :-(

rebelknight said:
    thanks guy for the swift reply :grin:

What kind of temperatures did you 'achieve'? :smile:
  3. killkhergit

TAG, i need your help :-(

Aurora_Alexi said:
    An easy way to find out if your PC is ACTUALLY overheating is I'd recommend since it's a new computer to try and download some thermometers. I'd recommend definetly "CPUID (CPU-Z)" and "CPUID HWMoniter". Find out what the max temps are for some of the hardware in your computer, like easily for a laptop (like what I use) I compare the temp against the max temp for my processor. Which is 70 degrees Celsius.

Yes, do something like that. Let's explain things simple and safe:
    - Download and install CoreTemp: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
    - Run CoreTemp and write down what CPU you have.
    - Do some Google search on the maximum allowed temperature of it.
    - Keep CoreTemp running and do some stress testing. Gaming or rendering would do fine.
    - If you really want to be sure, try this worst-case-scenario stress test program: http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103 (32bit), http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205 (64bit).
    - If you want to try out prime95: Start it, select 'Just stress testing', then select the maximum heat version and accept. Leave it running for a while (half an hour will do) and keep checking CoreTemp.
    - You could also use these settings: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/59/screeniem.png. They generate even more heat on my Phenom II.
  4. killkhergit

Lodding script

Cyclohexane said:
    killkhergit said:
    Did you check the import/export scale? I've had some weird ones where the model was a thousand times smaller than it should have been. They were simply invisible in some tools, like BRFedit, which does NOT zoom in. openBRF does, you'll see them no matter how small models are. With 3dsMax hit CTRL+A, then click Zoom Selected. Same thing for Mount&Blade by the way, it zooms in correctly in the inventory/trade screens, while it does not (just 1:1 zoom) in battle.

Wow, thank you.  I guarantee that I never clicked the scale but sure enough, that was the problem.  I knew it would be something simple.  Well, I learned a lot in the process of figuring out what was wrong.  Now I can complete what I started...

EDIT:
    I'd like to add that I will add you as a contributor to Sword of Damocles because this tool is so useful.  It allows someone with very little modeling skills to create lods for items.  Lods have a huge effect on battle performance, especially when you add hundreds of new items like I did.  I also recommended you here:  The Guide Of Useful Scripts

My only recommendation to you is to add note by your code (front page) that says to verify your output export file scale is 1.0 and the texture precision is set to 10 (this is so the lod textures will not be deformed). 

I do have another question.  These models seem to only work on rigid items (i.e. helmets, weapons, shields) that do not move.  I see you have horses in your script but I am not sure how to get it to working game as a .lod because these are .obj files (seem to be related to static objects).  From my understanding, the script only works on .obj files.  The horses and armors (which move) seem to be .smd or .md3 files.  These are the ones with skeletal or  vertex animations . 

Is it possible to use this script to create lods of armors, boots, horses with these animations?  Since you export as a .obj, does it have to do with how you import the lod back into your resource file (i.e. import as .smd)? 

If this is possible, can you please post how to import back into Openbrf (or brfedit) and make the models skeletal?  This will allow me to make lods of armors and have them show up in game not as a stick figure that cannot move arms & legs. 

Thank you

Somewhere on the forums, someone made an application that could bind an OBJ file to the skeleton of an SMD file. I don't know where it is now, but you should search for it. That app needed in.obj files to be put next to an SMD file with a skeleton. For that reason, some older script outputted in.obj's instead of out.obj...

Here it is: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,55698.0.html
  5. killkhergit

Lodding script

GetAssista said:
    I assume, with the addition of some small extra block of script it can also perform batch LODding for all the OBJs in some directory at once?
    That's a good idea.

But I first need to get it working in GMax.

Cyclohexane said:
    OK,
    Still trying to figure out what my problem is.  Here are some of the steps taken.

1. Deleted every single reference to brfedit in my registry with regedit.  I deleted it from my program files and then reinstalled.  To my surprise, the background color in brfedit did change back to default so I know it was installed correctly. 

Unfortunately, all new models created by 3dsmax still are invisible.  All the old models I created yesterday still show up correctly. 

2. I decided to stop using brfedit and use Openbrf instead because those same new models created can be viewed in Openbrf. 

3. I created a link to my item from this new model and they are invisible in the game!  They show up in the character screen correctly like an item but when in battle, they are invisible.  The character uses the item like it is there, but they are not visible (just like in brfedit). 

While I am not a modeler, I know how to add items to the python code, compile, and get them in game.  I have done this for hundreds of items with no issue. 

So I think the problem lies with 3dsmax exporting the model.  It is so strange because I created about 50 models successfully with this script but now when I use it, even on the same models I created previously, they all show up invisible in brfedit, in game during a battle, yet somehow you can view them in Openbrf. 

Here are the scripts that I got to works successfully:

Script 1
    resetMaxFile() #noPrompt
    importFile ("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/in.obj")
    max tool maximize
    Min = 0
    distance1 = 0
    distance2 = 0
    distance4 = 0
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "369" -- Views: View Edged Faces Toggle
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "311" -- Tools: Zoom Extents All Selected
    macros.run "Modifier Stack" "SubObject_5"
    rollout mesh_buttons "Delete separated detail meshes, like sword counterweights, shouldercovers or belts."
    (
    button Button_done "Done!"
    on Button_done pressed do
    (
    destroyDialog(mesh_buttons)
    subobjectlevel = 0
    if doesFileExist("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/insimple.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/insimple.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
    Weldtest = $.NumVerts
    modPanel.addModToSelection (Vertex_Weld ()) ui:eek:n
    $.modifiers[#Vertex_Weld].threshold = 1.0e-003
    if Weldtest > $.NumVerts do
    (
    messagebox "Some vertices are welded!"
    if doesFileExist ("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/outsimplewelded.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/outsimplewelded.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
    )
    modPanel.addModToSelection (Unwrap_UVW ()) ui:eek:n
    modPanel.addModToSelection (MultiRes ()) ui:eek:n
    subobjectlevel = 1
    rollout the_buttons "Select type, select high-priority verts, then hit press me!"
    (
    button Button_rest "Armor / Weapon"
    button Button_horse "Horse"
    button Button_cont "Press me!"
    on Button_rest pressed do
    (
    distance1 = $.NumVerts*0.4
    distance2 = $.NumVerts*0.2
    distance4 = $.NumVerts*0.1
    )
    on Button_horse pressed do
    (
    distance1 = $.NumVerts*0.5
    distance2 = $.NumVerts*0.25
    distance4 = $.NumVerts*0.125
    )
    on Button_cont pressed do
    (
    Min = $_null_.selectedVerts.count
    distance1 = distance1 as integer
    distance2 = distance2 as integer
    distance4 = distance4 as integer
    destroyDialog(the_buttons)
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].BoundaryMetric = on
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].baseVertices = on
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].mergeVertex = on
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].mergeThreshold = 0.25
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].mergeWithinMesh = on
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].reqGenerate = off
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexCount = distance1
    if $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexCount == 0 do
    (
    messagebox "ERROR, fixing"
    )
    if doesFileExist("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/out1.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/out1.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexCount = distance2
    if $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexCount < Min do
    (
    messagebox "Too low vertex count, raising"
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexCount = Min
    )
    if doesFileExist("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/out2.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/out2.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexCount = distance4
    (
    )
    if doesFileExist("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/out3.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Jacob Collins/Desktop/out3.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "40005" -- File: Reset File
    )
    )
    CreateDialog the_buttons 360 80 900 480
    )
    )
    CreateDialog mesh_buttons 520 32 900 400

Script 2
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "40010"  -- File: Import File
    Weldtest = $.numverts
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "311"  -- Tools: Zoom Extents All Selected
    modPanel.addModToSelection (Vertex_Weld ()) ui:eek:n
    $.modifiers[#Vertex_Weld].threshold = 1.0e-015
    if $.NumVerts < Weldtest do
    (
    messagebox "Gefixt!! / Fixed!!"
    macros.run "Modifier Stack" "Convert_to_Mesh"
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "40011"  -- File: Export File
    )
    macros.run "Modifier Stack" "Convert_to_Mesh"
    modPanel.addModToSelection (MultiRes ()) ui:eek:n
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexPercent = 50
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "40011"  -- File: Export File
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexPercent = 20
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "40011"  -- File Export File
    if $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexCount < 35 do
    (
    messagebox "Erg weinig vertices!! / Low vertex count!!"
    )
    $.modifiers[#MultiRes].vertexPercent = 10
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "40011"  -- File Export File
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "40005"  -- File: Reset File
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "40470"  -- MAX Script: Run Script

I just tried the third revision you posted and it gives me the same issue. 

The only things I edited were the output filenames on script 1 and the reference to my desktop on both script 1 and script 2. 

I tried to uninstall 3dsmax and reinstall hoping the default values would be set back thinking it may be something I accidentally changed in 3dsmax but it seemed to have saved all my values (free 30 day trial version) so if I did change something, I have no idea what it was….

In addition, when I try to import some of the models 3dsmax exported back into 3dsmax, they show up invisible.  When I try to import again, they show up….

I’m lost and I really need this tool to finish my work.  I got a ton of models created but only about half way through.  Since I do not have experience with 3d modeling, I can’t just do it all by hand. 

Is it possible to post a screen of the export screen (how it should look for a working model) so I can verify nothing was accidently clicked in the hundreds of export features available on 3dsmax.  It seems to be importing the .obj models I exported from brfedit correctly. 

I just tried something else, I imported a file into 3dsmax and without running the script, I tried to export is with a different filename.  I then tried to open it in brfeditor and it is invisible.  Based on my other ingame tests, I am going to assume its invisible in battle as well. 

So my problem seems to be with 3dsmax, not brfeditor, and not the script.  Any advice on how to correct this?  I even tried updating with their service patch.  Its got to be some simple setting I am messing up (but somehow got it right for the first 50 or so items I made).
    Did you check the import/export scale? I've had some weird ones where the model was a thousand times smaller than it should have been. They were simply invisible in some tools, like BRFedit, which does NOT zoom in. openBRF does, you'll see them no matter how small models are. With 3dsMax hit CTRL+A, then click Zoom Selected. Same thing for Mount&Blade by the way, it zooms in correctly in the inventory/trade screens, while it does not (just 1:1 zoom) in battle.
  6. killkhergit

Lodding script

othr said:
    I changed all the references to your desktop in the script to point to mine etc.  But in 3ds max 2010 after selecting the high-priority vertices the script aborts at this line: Min = $_null_.selectedVerts.count.  Do you have a workaround for this by any chance?  Sorry I'm not familiar with the syntax of max scripts.
    Looks like you've deselected the mesh before clicking 'Press Me'?

Just tried it on 3dsMax again, and this very slightly modified version works flawlessly. I only needed to put the to-be-lodded model on my desktop, call it in.obj, fire up Max, and run the script:

Code:
    resetMaxFile() #noPrompt
    importFile ("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/in.obj")
    max tool maximize
    Min = 0
    distance1 = 0
    distance2 = 0
    distance4 = 0
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "369"  -- Views: View Edged Faces Toggle
        rollout mesh_buttons "Delete separated detail meshes, like sword counterweights, shouldercovers or belts."
        (
    		(
                subobjectlevel = 0
                if doesFileExist("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/insimple.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/insimple.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                Weldtest = $.NumVerts
                modPanel.addModToSelection (Vertex_Weld ()) ui:on
                    (
    					if doesFileExist ("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/outsimplewelded.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/outsimplewelded.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                    )         
                modPanel.addModToSelection (Unwrap_UVW ()) ui:on
                modPanel.addModToSelection (MultiRes ()) ui:on
                subobjectlevel = 1
                    rollout the_buttons "Select type, select high-priority vertices, then hit press me!"
                    (
    					(
    					)
    					(
    					)
    					(
                            Min = $.selectedVerts.count
                                (
                                )
                            if doesFileExist("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/out.lod1.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/out.lod1.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                                (
                                )
                            if doesFileExist("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/out.lod2.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/out.lod2.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                                (
                                )               
                            if doesFileExist("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/out.lod4.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Users/Leo Mes/Desktop/out.lod4.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
    					)
                    )
    		)
        )
  7. killkhergit

Lodding script

Berserker Pride said:
    Is there any chance this script could be modified to work in blender?

I don't think there are ANY similarities in syntax and scriptable actions between Max's and Blender's scripts.

Recreating it using Blender's script (if it exists) and trying to achieve the same thing might be possible, but I don't know how.
  8. killkhergit

Lodding script

If you really want to help the community out (more than you have), create a script like this that works for gmax (OSP).

But great tool!

That's a pretty good idea actually.

But I can assure you, the later code works 100% fine when using 3dsMax 9 and openBRF!
  9. killkhergit

Lodding script

TheRighteousMan said:
    I keep getting the message, "ERROR, fixing" with your new code.  The old code seems to work; well, excepting the fact that the textures are strange looking afterward, but it worked.  What am I doing wrong?

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/maxscript/modifiersmultiresvertexcount-changes-to-zero

I asked it over at the Autodesk forums a while ago, and it seems there's a bug in assigning values using script to MultiRes.

The script uses a workaround, and I added a messagebox telling that the error had occurred again. Remove the messagebox and everything should be working just fine. Or you could change it to the percentage workaround (see other forum).

TheRighteousMan said:
    I keep getting the message, "ERROR, fixing" with your new code.  The old code seems to work; well, excepting the fact that the textures are strange looking afterward, but it worked.  What am I doing wrong?

Do consider the lod models at level two or more will only be a few pixels large on screen.

You could also try selecting important mapping vertices as 'High Priority'.
  10. killkhergit

Lodding script

Cyclohexane said:
    Looking a little closer and the script calls out for macros “Modifier Stack" "SubObject_5".  I believe I am missing SubObject_5 macro.  Is it possible to get this as well? 

Thanks

Random useful pic:

http://www.3dvalley.com/tutorialsdata/images/wheel/tut6_full11.gif

See the 'Vertex/Edge/Border/Polygon/Element' bit? They're the five ways of selecting bits and pieces of models. If, for example, you select 'Vertex', you can edit the selected mesh at vertex level. Controlling these selections by script works like this: I tell the current selection to go to the Modify Panel, and select number 5, using the line you mentioned, of the selectors. Taking a look at an imported OBJ tells me number five of that list is 'Element', which means I tell Max to go to Element selection.

Could be that GMax doesn't support these selectors (not obvious), or that you can't control them by script (quite possible).
  11. killkhergit

[BUG(?)] Warband frames repeating, graphics stuck

Lately, I've been having problems with Warband getting 'stuck on frames'. Just played around today with 0.720 for the first time, and noticed something really weird: The game hangs after every few minutes. Sound and gameplay continues, but new frames aren't being rendered anymore. The last...
  12. killkhergit

Lodding script

All Wavefront OBJ meshes that can be imported and exported by 3dsMax.
  13. killkhergit

Lodding script

Well, as I said a few posts ago, that it was an old version.

This one is the 'latest' one:

Code:
    resetMaxFile() #noPrompt
    importFile ("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/in.obj")
    max tool maximize
    Min = 0
    distance1 = 0
    distance2 = 0
    distance4 = 0
    actionMan.executeAction 0 "369"  -- Views: View Edged Faces Toggle
       (
             (
                subobjectlevel = 0
                if doesFileExist("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/insimple.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/insimple.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                Weldtest = $.NumVerts
                modPanel.addModToSelection (Vertex_Weld ()) ui:on
                   (
                      if doesFileExist ("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/outsimplewelded.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/outsimplewelded.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                   )         
                modPanel.addModToSelection (Unwrap_UVW ()) ui:on
                modPanel.addModToSelection (MultiRes ()) ui:on
                subobjectlevel = 1
                   rollout the_buttons "Select type, select high-priority verts, then hit press me!"
                   (
                         (
                         )
                         (
                         )
                         (
                            Min = $_null_.selectedVerts.count
                               (
                               )
                            if doesFileExist("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/out.lod1.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/out.lod1.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                               (
                               )
                            if doesFileExist("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/out.lod2.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/out.lod2.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                               (
                               )               
                            if doesFileExist("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/out.lod4.obj") == false do exportFile ("C:/Documents and Settings/Leo Mes/Bureaublad/out.lod4.obj") #noPrompt using:exporterPlugin.classes[15]
                         )
                   )
             )
       )

Greatest improvement is the addition of high priority vertices.

Usable in just the same way as the previous script, except for the in- and exporting thing. This script works with files placed on my old XP desktop. You should change the file paths (it's quite simple to understand what's going on) to your own desktop or where input and output files are stored.

Also, don't forget that lod4 models aren't much larger that a few pixels in view, so having a crooked model mostly doesn't matter...
  14. killkhergit

Lodding script

Getting this script to run is quite easy.

Copy the code to a *.ms file (a 3dsMax script file) and run it via Max's Menu Bar --> MAXScript --> Run Script, but from what I know this is a really old version of my script though...

Should you need a newer one, which includes opening and saving prompts and some other stuff, PM me. I don't have it with me now.

And oh, don't start making models using 3dsMax. Practice with Wings3D first. 3dsMax has much better tutorials though. Max is way better when you need high detail models. Wings does fine for MnB.
  15. killkhergit

Normal M&B Module System for version 1.010

You guys do know that anything more recent than Python 2.6.* doesn't support MnB anymore, right?

And yes, I'm running Windows 7, and Python 2.6 is working just fine.
Back
Top Bottom